Dolphins fire HC Brian Flores

.Buzz

This just shows how out of touch owners are. HC results need to be dictated at least on what the roster is generally capable of and what you achieve. He has overachieved greatly with what he has been given.

I honestly consider him a top 10 maybe even top 5 coach in the league. He shuold be the first choice for any team now in need of a HC

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He struggled to find growth on the offensive side of the ball, sure. But he was an amazing defensive coach for us.

I don't know what to think anymore. I wish him well whereever he goes...

I know everyone hates the Belichick tree but this isn’t Matt Patricia. Weird indeed.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I’m sure they’ll be interested for sure. As someone else pointed out though I imagine he’ll be in high demand and the Texans are probably on the lower side of top destinations.

Would imagine Denver and Minnesota would be favorites.

Denver and Minnesota are odd choices given that they have just gone through defensive masterminds at HC.

33 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Is the feeling that Rich B won't be back despite his playoff apperance?

Personally, I wouldn’t be totally Opposed to RB coming back with a new OC. But some of the fan base feels Mark would like a big name coach to go along with LV. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

BTW, given that we know this happened to save Grier's job, since it hurts Watson's view of MIA - I'm going to predict the following:

-GM Grier interviews, then hires BOB

-MIA pays the farm to get Watson.

-BOB then proceeds to undermine GM Grier to owner Stephen Ross (who's as much of the problem here), and get GM Grier fired, and then becomes the GM/HC.    Houston 2018-19 v2 then ensues.

I hope for the MIA fanbase that I'm wrong.   But I'm calling this shot, given what I've seen so far.  And FTR, while I don't wish any of the above on any fanbase - owner Stephen Ross gets zero sympathy if he listened to GM Grier here, he reaps what he sows.

Then the blockbuster trade for Laremy Tunsil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

On the other hand, Flores proved he was completely unable to beat the Bills.

I mean, being inferior at every position except for what, CB and TE, probably have a part in that. The Bills are stacked and well coached, not sure I’d use that nail on the Flores coffin. Even a top chef can only do so much with crap ingredients.

Unbelievable. I assumed it was because the Dolphins had a coaching candidate lined up that they simply couldn’t pass on, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. What an absolute botch job by them. 

I’d love for Flores to end up in Chicago. I’ll predict wherever he goes next, he has a very long tenure there.