Pound the Table 2022!

Scoundrel

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

He's definitely my WR1.  I don't get the tweener bit, but he does need polish on his routes.

Because I don't think he's explosive or quick enough to be a big slot and it's really difficult to gauge how being a contested catch x receiver is going to translate if he can't create his own separation

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because I don't think he's explosive or quick enough to be a big slot and it's really difficult to gauge how being a contested catch x receiver is going to translate if he can't create his own separation

I think he moves well for a WR his size. He isn't De'Runnya Wilson. He may not have great speed, but he has good agility. He'll need to win on contested catches on deep balls--which he can do. However, he cuts well. He's really good on out routes, comeback routes (where he attacks the ball), etc. Despite the lack of deep speed, he can get open in the short to intermediate range because of his route running. You can see this agility after the catch too.

I think he'll be to play the Big Slot. In fact, there's where I think he could be most affective in the NFL.

Edited by TheEagle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Ive got a good feeling on Alec Pierce, i think hes gonna go a lot earlier than people think.

He’s a freak athlete for sure. I’ve heard people knock him for being stiff and not putting up elite numbers. But people said the same stuff about DK so who knows. 

DK comine results

40 - 4.33; Vert - 40.5; Broad - 134; 3 cone -  7.38; 20 yd shuttle - 4.5

Pierce

40 - 4.41; Vert - 40.5; Broad - 129; 3 cone -  7.13; 20 yd shuttle - 4.28

15 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

He’s a freak athlete for sure. I’ve heard people knock him for being stiff and not putting up elite numbers. But people said the same stuff about DK so who knows. 

DK comine results

Pierce

From a measurables and athletic perspective, the tough thing is for every Metcalf there is usually a bunch of Jeff Janis types that just are not able to translate athletic ability to the NFL. Of course I am not saying Pierce will be another Janis.

Jeff Janis

Height 6' 3"
Weight 219 lbs
Arm 32 1/2"
Hand 9"
Combine Results

40 Yard Dash
Bench Press
Vertical Jump
Broad Jump
3 Cone Drill
20 Yd Shuttle
60 Yd Shuttle

1 hour ago, AllThingsTN said:

DK comine results

Pierce

I think he comps really well to a Jordy Nelson or Michael Pittman, only faster than either. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I think he comps really well to a Jordy Nelson or Michael Pittman, only faster than either. 

I like the Faster Pittman comp. I think Pierce goes at worst top of the third, but I’ve seen him fall to the fourth. 

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

I like the Faster Pittman comp. I think Pierce goes at worst top of the third, but I’ve seen him fall to the fourth. 

I think if Pierce is there at the end of the 2nd round, the Packers will take him. He has the size/speed + blocking ability they covet.

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

Pittman is bigger and stronger, which is important for a guy who makes a lot of contested catches. I like Pierce. I've had a hard time placing him. While he certainly tested a bit better, his game reminds me a bit of Alshon Jeffery.

Edited by jrry32

18 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Yeah, people thought Pittman would be there too, but he went top of the 2nd. Im thinking similar for Pierce.

• Like 1

My WR rankings:

1. Jameson Williams, Alabama

2. Garrett Wilson, Ohio State

3. Treylon Burks, Arkansas

4. Jahan Dotson, Penn State

5. Drake London, USC

6. Chris Olave, Ohio State

7. Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

8. George Pickens, Georgia

9. Christian Watson, NDSU

10. Alec Pierce, Cincinatti