Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

IDK that it would be a shocker.   For a 12 win team,  we haven't beaten many good teams.  We have talent out the wazoo, but talent doesn't always equate to being the better team.

You guys also don't get blown out by anyone....Happened once vs the Broncos but you were missing Cooper, right? And then against the Chiefs, Cooper was not playing and Ceedee got hurt in the game and you guys had plenty of chances in the 2nd half to close the gap. 

So I'd actually be surprised if the 49ers won by two TDs. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys also don't get blown out by anyone....Happened once vs the Broncos but you were missing Cooper, right? And then against the Chiefs, Cooper was not playing and Ceedee got hurt in the game and you guys had plenty of chances in the 2nd half to close the gap. 

Fair enough.   

Just now, SweetFancyMoses said:

I think Pollard will get more runs on the edges and balls thrown to him than Zeke.  

That makes sense. Zeke ripped a long run last game but damn it's such a struggle for him to even pick up 5 yards on any run lol. He used to be so explosive and would be able to make defenders miss but that doesn't happen anymore. Pollard pretty much closed it out last year against us with that big run. I definitely fear him more than Zeke at this point. I think our run defense holds up well regardless of who runs the ball but Pollard has a better chance to do damage in the run game. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That makes sense. Zeke ripped a long run last game but damn it's such a struggle for him to even pick up 5 yards on any run lol. He used to be so explosive and would be able to make defenders miss but that doesn't happen anymore. Pollard pretty much closed it out last year against us with that big run. I definitely fear him more than Zeke at this point. I think our run defense holds up well regardless of who runs the ball but Pollard has a better chance to do damage in the run game. 

Zeke makes a cut an you think he's gonna get a big run and then it's 4-5yds.   He just doesn't have that 2nd gear anymore,  but he is a tough runner,  and an amazing pass blocker.

23 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

This is something I mentioned here yesterday. The Cowboys give up a ton of YAC yards and their corners give up a ton of yards in general. There are big gains to be had against this defense. They've been very opportunistic with the take aways, but they seem to get beat quite often. 

Statistically, they also seem to be really, really susceptible to deep shots down field as their deep coverage DVOA is not good. On the flip side, their short area DVOA is very good. I don't want to make this a Jimmy vs. Lance debate, but Lance's arm this game would put the Cowboys on their heels big time.

I know we do a ton of pre-snap motion already, but I expect to see it almost every play, especially early while emotions and adrenaline are high. I think Parsons is going to be juiced up and wanting to make a name for himself this weekend and could be playing fast and reckless. The best way to counter it is to give him a ton to look at pre-snap then go at him with misdirections. Making him think rather than read and react will be key to exposing the middle of the field.

Edited by NinerNation21

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is true. The Broncos game was really the worst they played. All other games they were always in it even if it was a struggle. It really boils down to which team will show up on both sides. This has the potential to be a shootout but I agree that I don't see either team being blown out.