Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

12 hours ago, sherm said:

This blew my mind. Motion on QB sneak...when Williams had no factor in the play. Crazy!

Somehow I feel like the shift might be to set up something in the future. Tackle eligible toss to Williams or something. Shanny doesn't seem to be the type to roll something out without a purpose.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dutchson said:

Somehow I feel like the shift might be to set up something in the future. Tackle eligible toss to Williams or something. Shanny doesn't seem to be the type to roll something out without a purpose.

I think you're right. I read something a while back about them wanting to get Trent a TD at some point.. now that we know the result I'm glad Jimmy jumped the gun.. QB draw with 14 seconds left is legendary 🤣

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 8:50 AM, Forge said:

Watching that route from aiyuk.... Damn man, he can be filthy. He put diggs on spin cycle a couple of times this game

I've talked about it before, but the way that man moves is unlike anyone else. Everyone talks about his arms/7'3" wingspan, but they don't realize his legs are proportionate to his arms and that he is only 6' even. 

That gives him such a unique build. He's got a lower center of gravity than any man with those legs should have. So he's got the top end speed of a long strider, while also having unreal short area quickness as well. Superb body control and that wingspan is useful for sure. 

We have two WR1s and a tier1 TE, with one of the best play callers in the NFL. This team is going to be around for a bit. We are going to win a lot of football games over the next 5 years. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I've talked about it before, but the way that man moves is unlike anyone else. Everyone talks about his arms/7'3" wingspan, but they don't realize his legs are proportionate to his arms and that he is only 6' even. 

That gives him such a unique build. He's got a lower center of gravity than any man with those legs should have. So he's got the top end speed of a long strider, while also having unreal short area quickness as well. Superb body control and that wingspan is useful for sure. 

We have two WR1s and a tier1 TE, with one of the best play callers in the NFL. This team is going to be around for a bit. We are going to win a lot of football games over the next 5 years. 

And if someone can learn to get the ball to Aiyuk in stride.... 😱 the NFL may be in trouble!

Edited by Chrissooner49er

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Comments from players who played in the 90s, when it was normal to have 15-20 INTs as a top tier QB, when throwing for 3750 yards was considered elite, when running 35 times a game was run of the mill. Those aren't the same defenses and the same offenses. There is more parity in the league. Back then, you could turn over the ball and make up for it, because you were just clearly the better team. But nowadays, even bad teams can give you a run for your money, every mistake counts. That's why elite QBs throw fewer picks than they did in the 90s, even though they're throwing the ball a lot more. And that means favoring the easier, cleaner looks, over some of the one-on-ones. 

• Like 1

I was curious to see the Cowboys yards per play on offense before the last drive of the game when we were in prevent defense.

65 plays for 251 yards, 3.86 YPP.

That is filthy good against a top level offense. Best game Ryans has called all year and he's had some really good ones. This was even more impressive since he didn't have Bosa for a half and Warner for a huge possession. 

• Like 4

On 1/19/2022 at 11:38 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was curious to see the Cowboys yards per play on offense before the last drive of the game when we were in prevent defense.

65 plays for 251 yards, 3.86 YPP.

That is filthy good against a top level offense. Best game Ryans has called all year and he's had some really good ones. This was even more impressive since he didn't have Bosa for a half and Warner for a huge possession. 

Like in 2019, we were often the opposing QB's worst performance of the year. Stafford had his two lowest QB ratings against us this year, didn't he? I wonder how many of the QBs that played us had their worst game against us. Too lazy to check it out! 

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Like in 2019, we were often the opposing QB's worst performance of the year. Stafford had his two lowest QB ratings against us this year, didn't he? I wonder how many of the QBs that played us had their worst game against us. Too lazy to check it out! 

No, Stafford had his worst against the Vikings, second worst against us (1st match up) and 5th lowest in the 2nd match up.

But generally, dude had high ratings in almost all the games even when he had multiple INTs. Why? Almost always had multiple TD passes and his YPA was high.