Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, NFL Network said:

I've been saying Jimmy was garbage since 2017!

He's not garbage. He's a largely average starting NFL QB, which is fine. It's not the type of QB I'm keen on keeping around, but he can do a lot of good in the right place. A team like Denver is probably a playoff team with him this year. Cleveland probably is too. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I legit can't believe how many people are blaming Aiyuk for the Jimmy miss and how many people are saying Jimmy had a good game. 

One day, someone much smarter than me will have to explain this unwavering devotion and loyalty people have developed for Jimmy where very little is his fault. People are smashing Kyle but with Jimmy its all good lol. 

Damn...I think Jimmy is a great dude, and I bear him no ill will....but his stans and the people who just blindly late him are the absolute woooooooooooooooorst lol 

Stay away from Reddit, they friggin' love him there. It's unbearable. 

• Like 3

I wish we had Mostert for this game against the Packers. We really need to bring back a true homerun threat (Deebo is more of a threat for this than Mitchell is, and while Deebo is a good threat, it's just not the same as the issue that Mostert causes) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not garbage. He's a largely average starting NFL QB, which is fine. It's not the type of QB I'm keen on keeping around, but he can do a lot of good in the right place. A team like Denver is probably a playoff team with him this year. Cleveland probably is too. 

He'll get you to the playoffs but you have to coddle him with the play calling as his flaws are on full display if you don't disguise them. Look at 2019 playoffs when Kyle Shannahan had to take the ball out of his hands against the Vikings & Packers. Next week the Niners won't have that luxury like they did in the 2019 NFC title game. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wish we had Mostert for this game against the Packers. We really need to bring back a true homerun threat 

I miss him so much. I love Mitchell, but there’s been 5 or so times this year where I tell myself “that’s a touchdown” from 20+ yards out and it just isn’t. Deebo, though…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I miss him so much. I love Mitchell, but there’s been 5 or so times this year where I tell myself “that’s a touchdown” from 20+ yards out and it just isn’t. Deebo, though…

He doesn't have a 40 yard run this year (Mitchell). That totally blows my mind. 

18 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

He'll get you to the playoffs but you have to coddle him with the play calling as his flaws are on full display if you don't disguise them. Look at 2019 playoffs when Kyle Shannahan had to take the ball out of his hands against the Vikings & Packers. Next week the Niners won't have that luxury like they did in the 2019 NFC title game. 

There are a lot of guys that are prominent passers though, and have played lackluster ball with the ball in their hands every playoff chance. Fouts. Moon. Rivers. Dak might be the next as the Cowboys are 1-3 with him center stage. There are very few playoff runs where a QB runs though the other teams 1,2,3, (4) like a 2010 Aaron Rodgers. Or 1989 Montana. Even the top guys that win will usually have an ugly game along the way. Jimmy sucked, but the team won. Time to shrug your shoulders and move on instead of worrying about what didn't happen contributing to a loss compared to spotlighting what actually did happen that led to a win. Luck happens in games, and you're allowed to feel good about benefiting from it. Feel how you want to feel, but just throwing up an alternate perspective for consideration. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He doesn't have a 40 yard run this year (Mitchell). That totally blows my mind. 

Not surprised, he doesn't have that type of HR speed...But dude is so good at getting those tough yards and after contact yards. He's very good but if we had Mostert, we would legit have the best running game of all time when you add in Deebo lol.

And to your post about Aiyuk, no way was that NOT on Jimmy. That was just a bad miss by Jimmy. I'm just happy people are finally starting to realize just how good Aiyuk is and how he's ALWAYS open lol. He's a guy who should be a 1,300-1,400 perennial pro bowl WR but not sure that will happen on this team. 

I can't say enough good things about this DL. And great adjustment by Ryans by using Bosa on a twist to take away the chip and how he brought the extra blitzers when the Cowboys went into max protection. He's adjusting on the fly.

DId anyone see Sherman's tweets? You can tell his heart is still with the 49ers. He may be in bit of a predicament IF it is the Bucs/Niners in the NFCCG 😂.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

DId anyone see Sherman's tweets? You can tell his heart is still with the 49ers. He may be in bit of a predicament IF it is the Bucs/Niners in the NFCCG 😂.

Solly was also shouting out DJ Jones...Absolutely love that brotherhood they had going on. Clearly that was / is a tight group that really likes each other

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Solly was also shouting out DJ Jones...Absolutely love that brotherhood they had going on. Clearly that was / is a tight group that really likes each other

But that's a DL group...Sherman was legitimately tweeting all game in excitement whenever anyone made a good play and was asking the fans to give Jimmy his due and how great of a teammate and leader he is.