Wildcard Round GDT - Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

why need to get over a game that... we won? 

If we lost, then I get it.. but... 🤔

Sheeeeeit, celebrate.. we played a good team, and somehow made it beyond them... 

win is a win is a win... TAKE THE WIN and sleep like a baby!

I don't mean it in a negative way at all, but I kind of feel more stunned than happy atm haha. I mean, from how many times I thought it was over until it was not, that takes some time to get rid of the tension. 

Awesome though, facing the Packers in the Playoffs now, after being 3-5 at some point and loosing to the back ups of the Cardinals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing I'm holding on to is that the Packers in their 2011 SB run didn't close the game out well and gave the Eagles a great chance to win but pulled it out....We did the same here!

I still can't believe Shanny tried to get cute at the end. You have the best or second best QB sneaker in the league. Just line up and sneak and end the game. 

Look at all the teams that got hot and won a SB like the 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens, 2017 Eagles etc

ALL of them had a close call game. Giants against us, Ravens needed a hail mary to tie the Broncos and then win in OT. 2017 Eagles needed a goal line stand against the Falcons. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Look at all the teams that got hot and won a SB like the 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens, 2017 Eagles etc

ALL of them had a close call game. Giants against us, Ravens needed a hail mary to tie the Broncos and then win in OT. 2017 Eagles needed a goal line stand against the Falcons. 

Or the 1980 Raiders. They also started 2-4, and went on to win the Super Bowl as a wild card with Jim Plunkett. And he didn't necessarily light the world on fire. Especially in that second game at Cleveland. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Definitely! I mean this team is too talented to not have a shot to win any game. Top to bottom, the roster is freaking stacked. You have so many elite players that you just need to play relatively clean and you will win. Jimmy threw a pick but we got one ourselves so it canceled out. If he doesn't throw a pick there, we have no drama and likely win by 10 or 13. Oh well, need to do better next week and get that win! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

This team sure ain't winning a SB let alone going into Lambeau next week as they basically implode when it matters most and the only reason why they won today is b/c the Cowboys decided to implode even more.

Every single week the opposing fanbase trashes our secondary and we almost always end up holding their QB in check and under their averages lol. Dak ended up having 250 yards but got a decent amount on the last drive when we played soft average. Held under 6 YPA. Ward/Tartt together are something else.

Just need Bosa and Warner back and it's going to be a HIGH level ball game coming down to the wire again. 

Much respect to the DL who balled even without Bosa. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Every single week the opposing fanbase trashes our secondary and we almost always end up holding their QB in check and under their averages lol. Dak ended up having 250 yards but got a decent amount on the last drive when we played soft average. Held under 6 YPA. Ward/Tartt together are something else.

Just need Bosa and Warner back and it's going to be a HIGH level ball game coming down to the wire again. 

We have the most elite but not talked about secondary lol. Ward and Tartt disrespected big time. 

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Never heard so much whining from a winning quarterback. He also made some key throws that help the team too lmao. 

Not going in circles with you tonight about that hack of a QB. You like him, that's fine. Doesn't mean I have to. You can marginalize his play and make it make sense TO YOU. You're quite good at it actually. Personally I'm fed up with him handcuffing this offense and our play-caller. Agree to disagree and move on... 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If I'm not mistaken, we are now 15 of 18 holding opponent QBs under their average