Raiders Offense

MrOaktown_56

• 2 months later...

It's too early to make a predictions thread with the rest of FA, draft, etc to happen. But I truly wonder how our O is going to fair this year. New scheme, new OC, elite new weapon, new FB, new OL coach, etc, etc. We need some more OL talent imo but I can see us being top 10.

I will say this I don’t envision McDaniels running the ball much. I don’t think he will abandon it but 20 times a game is what I can see. 

I don’t look at last years Pats offense as what to expect to see. Rookie QB with average at best weapons. Sure might see some passing plays ran that the Pats used, but I could see McDaniels busting out the 2007 Pats playbook and knocking the dust off it and adding a lot of those plays. 

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I will say this I don’t envision McDaniels running the ball much. I don’t think he will abandon it but 20 times a game is what I can see. 

I don’t look at last years Pats offense as what to expect to see. Rookie QB with average at best weapons. Sure might see some passing plays ran that the Pats used, but I could see McDaniels busting out the 2007 Pats playbook and knocking the dust off it and adding a lot of those plays. 

You think so? They ran it a lot in New England last year. Granted we have way better skill position talent now.

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I think you'll be surprised. There will be a lot of heavy sets, double TE looks. Pounding the ball to set up play action. I look for Jacobs to have a big year in this offense. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

If we play a team that is weak at stopping the run - we will run.
If we play a team that is weak at stopping the pass - we will pass. 
If we play a team that cant cover a TE expect Waller to get a lot of targets.

No more of this, we are going to play how we want to play. 
We have a coach who is going to find weaknesses in his opponents and game plan around that. 

• Like 2

100%You don't spend money and picks for a WR and not throw him the ball. The strength of this team is  offensive skill plays, hell they might be the best in the NFL. I actually expecting big things from the WR we got from KC. He's not a bad player just over shadow by Hill.

I'd go probably 25, hopefully because we're wearing out clock time. 

I do expect us to be relatively pass heavy, at least early on. 

McD is no fool. He knows Jacobs is better at wearing clock out than making home runs. 

I expect more screens and "passes that are basically runs", but I'm with you on the designed runs. 

• Like 1

Think people are buying into the number of TEs on the roster to much. Don’t see jumbo or heavy as a package we will see a lot. Adams, Renfrow and Waller should be on the field at all times that don’t require goal line offense. 

History shows when McDaniels has a number 1 WR. He will force feed him. Moss and Marshall are examples of that. Like I said they won’t abandon it but he’s gonna take advantage of the weapons he has on the outside. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Between adding McDaniels, Adams and Waller being 100%.... our RZ has to improve, right? Right????

It would be almost impossible for our redzone offense NOT to improve. I’d be very surprised if it didn’t look better in 2022, but we need a substantial improvement from the Gruden/Olson offenses if we’re planning on being truly competitive.

There are still elements of doubt for me about McDaniels, but I have a lot of faith in him to sort us out in this respect, though.

Edited by Nightmare

As long as McDaniels has the just throw it to Adams and Waller in the end zone plays the red zone offense will be better. 

It’s really that simple. You have two dominant forces that you must do whatever it takes to get them the ball down there and if teams start to take it away then Renfrow and Jacobs out of the back field on a swing pass becomes dangerous cause it becomes just beat your single coverage or find that hole in the zone. 

Only Greg Olsen and Gruden could mess this up 

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Between adding McDaniels, Adams and Waller being 100%.... our RZ has to improve, right? Right????

Weren't the Patriots one of the best in the red zone last season? One of our biggest issues has been zero creativity with our play calling in the red zone.

• Like 1