Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Walker, a 23/6 type of player in his prime coming off his two best seasons as a pro shooting the ball would definitely help more than Sexton especially early on. Walker would give you a legitimate #2 option and a guy that can create offense for others when LeBron is off the floor. He'd essentially be Kyrie. 

What @CWood21 and @seminoles1 said. 

Although I wouldn’t doubt there could be a trade on the table if Lebron says he’s staying. I think our front office is playing this smart. We’ve acquired a good bit of young talent over the last couple of years just in case he bolts. Gone are the days of being held LeHostage and being LeBoned. 

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

If LeBron wants to stay in Cleveland but only if they're going to improve the roster they'll pull the trigger. They traded away back to back #1 picks in Bennett and Wiggins to get Love. 

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

They can work on an extension before the deal, Kemba wants to win and his best bet is going to be teaming up with LeBron. You don't think Kemba Walker a 23/6 guy that hits three 3's per game at a 39% clip would've helped against the Warriors this year? He's almost as productive as Kyrie was in Cleveland and would play a similar role. 

Well trading back to back #1s was fine then because LeBron just returned and it wasn't like he would just up and leave without winning a title in Cleveland first, it would've looked too bad so they trading for the expiring All-Star made more sense.  This time Lebron would be getting ready to leave, not just returning so you'd be mortgaging everything for a possible 1 year and you're done on both players.

Also Kemba produced those numbers on a bad Hornets team, Irving put up those numbers while having to play 2nd fiddle to LeBron and having a great 3rd option in Love taking touches/scoring opportunities away as well.  Kemba should never be mentioned in being in the same category as Kyrie.

21 minutes ago, Raves said:

Also Kemba produced those numbers on a bad Hornets team, Irving put up those numbers while having to play 2nd fiddle to LeBron and having a great 3rd option in Love taking touches/scoring opportunities away as well.  Kemba should never be mentioned in being in the same category as Kyrie.

So you mean Kemba put up those numbers even though he was the only offensive threat and the defense only had to key in on him while Kyrie benefited from defenses not being able to focus solely on him?

TBH I don't feel like Jaylen Brown has as much value as you Celtic fans are giving to him. He's definitely a solid piece yeah, but him and then other bits and baubles isn't really an adequate package for Kawhi.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Like I said. How can the cavs resist. I’m sure they’d love to take on some bad contracts and watch Lebron leave. 

Gortat is an expiring contract and Cleveland is still looking to make the playoffs even without LeBron, and Gallo would help with that.  He's not a bad contract when healthy.  They'd also be getting another lottery pick to add to their future.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gortat is an expiring contract and Cleveland is still looking to make the playoffs even without LeBron, and Gallo would help with that.  He's not a bad contract when healthy.  They'd also be getting another lottery pick to add to their future.

Gallo would help with that? LMAO  yeah maybe trade for parsons next. So we’d be taking on 30M in salary for a mid round pick. Where do I sign up? Gilbert isn’t doing that. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

TBH I don't feel like Jaylen Brown has as much value as you Celtic fans are giving to him. He's definitely a solid piece yeah, but him and then other bits and baubles isn't really an adequate package for Kawhi.

Who else is offering a 21 year old who just had a season where he put up 15/5/2 on 47/40/64 shooting? He was incredibly "raw" coming out, and he's already developed much quicker than I think anyone expected not to mention fantastic play in the post season. He's likely the best piece being dangled to San Antonio.

17 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Celtics probably trade Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and a combination of picks for Kawhi Leonard.

I'm out tbh. No idea what happened with Kawhi/Spurs this season but I don't want him added to this roster. I think the Celtics have the best assets in the league to make a trade, but I don't think we need to make a trade. Re-sign Kyrie and let Tatum/Brown develop and this team is going to be competitive for the next 7-10 years.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Who else is offering a 21 year old who just had a season where he put up 15/5/2 on 47/40/64 shooting? He was incredibly "raw" coming out, and he's already developed much quicker than I think anyone expected not to mention fantastic play in the post season. He's likely the best piece being dangled to San Antonio.

He was the #2 option in the postseason and averaged 18/5/1 on 47/39/64 for a team that was one game away from the NBA finals and people are still sleeping on him.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

Well trading back to back #1s was fine then because LeBron just returned and it wasn't like he would just up and leave without winning a title in Cleveland first, it would've looked too bad so they trading for the expiring All-Star made more sense.  This time Lebron would be getting ready to leave, not just returning so you'd be mortgaging everything for a possible 1 year and you're done on both players.

You'd likely only be giving up Jordan Clarkson, Collin Sexton, and a draft pick. That really isn't much for a proven 20+ ppg scorer in his prime that can shoot, distribute, and create his own offense. You guys are over valuing Sexton, he definitely has potential but he's far from a sure thing. You're basically giving up one guy with potential, a role player, and a late first round pick for a guy that's going to immediately be your second option and make your offense significantly better. 

22 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Cleveland needs to convince LeBron that they can compete with the Warriors now. Who's going to help that effort more? Kemba Walker or Collin Sexton? 

I realize that it's only Cleveland, so mainstream media and most external NBA fans see it as "Cleveland needs to convince LeBron X Y and Z", however I don't think thats the case. I think it's everyone else needs to convince LeBron that they have a better chance at winning a title and beating a team with the talent that Golden State has more than Cleveland does. Houston cant get him without giving up significant pieces of their team dynamic. Lakers have money to spend and some talent there, but he isn't going to make that move unless two other prime guys make the move. 

Archived