Am I alone on an island???

BillSabre

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Have you been the last month? I didn’t get fooled when they were beating up on Jordan Love and the Giants

Granted our OL was playing like a bag of turds lit on fire, but they smothered us... and we are the #1 offense in the NFL 3 years in a row when Dak is playing (we were #1 in 2020 before injury). 

Eh, I should probably also mention we didnt have our #1 or #2 wr... but still, they lived in our backfield the entire game. 

If Tomlin has a strength it’s motivating the team when it’s an underdog.

All the pressure is on KC...the longer the Steelers keep it close, the more pressure on KC.

Far as we can tell Watt is healthy...IIRC the Steelers record is 7-2-1 when he plays the whole game.

I can see Pittsburgh pulling the upset because the Chiefs are the team with all the pressure on them in this one. If Steelers come out and stink no one will really care but if Kansas City manages to lose this one they’ll be laughed at.

Steelers are coming into this game with a great moxie. I hate Big Ben but have to admit that the “haha we suck our seasons already over” approach and coming in really relaxed yet having the bulletin board material and having FUN with it, is absolutely a winning approach.

I can easily see Pittsburgh winning this one. That’s not to say they will win but for an underdog as big as the Steelers are in this one I think they have a great mindset going into the game. 

23 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I can see Pittsburgh pulling the upset because the Chiefs are the team with all the pressure on them in this one. If Steelers come out and stink no one will really care but if Kansas City manages to lose this one they’ll be laughed at.

Steelers are coming into this game with a great moxie. I hate Big Ben but have to admit that the “haha we suck our seasons already over” approach and coming in really relaxed yet having the bulletin board material and having FUN with it, is absolutely a winning approach.

I can easily see Pittsburgh winning this one. That’s not to say they will win but for an underdog as big as the Steelers are in this one I think they have a great mindset going into the game. 

That mindset might help on d, and a little on o, but the Steelers need some luck, like shanked punts or bad snaps or something flukey IMO. That won’t be enough and I think najee ben and the oline are gonna have to play outta their minds to pull this off.I think the Steelers have at most a 5% chance of winning this. Probably more like 2 or 3 %...lol. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

Aside from the fact that I think there's a huge gap between the two teams, I ALSO think the Steelers defense is the wrong archetype to beat the Chiefs. Steelers are an aggressive pass rush, but not a great coverage team, and the Chiefs will destroy that. The formula for beating Mahomes is not blitzing, and dropping more into coverage.... but coverage is a major weakness for the Steelers

I don't see the Steelers keeping them under 30, and the Steelers have only scored that many one time this season.. I just can't see it

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Granted our OL was playing like a bag of turds lit on fire, but they smothered us... and we are the #1 offense in the NFL 3 years in a row when Dak is playing (we were #1 in 2020 before injury). 

Eh, I should probably also mention we didnt have our #1 or #2 wr... but still, they lived in our backfield the entire game. 

Dallas’ offense is terrific but everything you just mentioned is a big deal. If you’re missing Cooper, Tyron Smith and doing some weird experiment starting McGovern over Williams and I think CeeDee got hurt in that game(?). Everyone likes to say next man up but that’s not real.

5 hours ago, BillSabre said:

I know I’m definitely in the minority here but is it possible I’m completely alone on thinking Pittsburgh is gonna give KC a scare tonight and maybe even walk out of Arrowhead with a win? 

So many things are just too hard to ignore for me with this one. The Steelers are a proud franchise and although this year wasn’t great for them, they made it. A chip and a chair. Many 7 seeds who “just made it in” would feel immense pressure going into one of the craziest places to play in the league. Not Pittsburgh. This organization has seen it all. Ben has been written off like he’s a walking corpse. The man is an easy first ballot HOF QB. He is a winner. He is a leader. I think the pressure is all in KC in this game. 

Now KC is KC. They are expected to cruise here but I just don’t see it. I’ve seen Mahomes force so much this year when things aren’t going as planned that it puts that doubt in my head. Does anybody here think Denver is better than Pittsburgh right now? Denver was controlling KC pretty well until a huge turnover swung the game. Everybody knows you need to make players other than Hill and Kelce beat you and pressure Mahomes. You can do that and you have a chance. 

I could be totally wrong here and it’s a run away victory for the Chiefs but I don’t see it. Pittsburgh is being treated like Jacksonville here. Double digit dog who was lucky to get in. The butt of jokes for a week about the Big Ben retirement party happening on January 16 at Arrowhead?!?! 

I think this game has upset written all over it. 

I get what you are saying.

You don't want to face KC at KC in the divisional round. But it's going to happen.

It's going to be a good game.

Just now, SBLIII said:

I get what you are saying.

You don't want to face KC at KC in the divisional round. But it's going to happen.

It's going to be a good game.

Not worried in the least bit about KC beating the Bills. This has nothing to do with my team. 

5 hours ago, BillSabre said:

I know I’m definitely in the minority here but is it possible I’m completely alone on thinking Pittsburgh is gonna give KC a scare tonight and maybe even walk out of Arrowhead with a win? 

If Pittsburgh had played well down the stretch or Kansas City looked lost, I might agree but Pittsburgh has lost four of their last 8 and their four wins were a margin of victory of 5.5 points.  Kansas City has won 10 of their last 11, and their only loss during that period was a 3 point loss to the eventual AFC North champs, Cincinnati.  I honestly don't think this one is going to even be close.

• Like 1

I think the Steelers need to be +3 in turnovers to have a chance.

Its possible but this is an 85% chance game for KC when most games are in that 55-65% range for the favorite.

I just don't see Ben being that 400 yard 3 TD guy they would need to keep up with KC.

He'd need to be 4th quarter vs the Vikings Ben but for 4 quarters.

• Like 1