AFC Divisional GDT: (2) Chiefs vs (3) Bills

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Chiefs Kingdom
    • Bills Mafia

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

3-3 in Playoffs and just can't get over the hump to the Super Bowl. 

Brady would have had at least 2 super bowls by now. 

Prolly time to start looking for that new QBOTF that can get it done when it matters. 

• Like 1

in his postgame interview, Kelce said during the timeout before the play that got them into FG range, he told Mahomes he probably wasn’t going to run the route the play called, he was going to go to the open space. he said during Mahomes cadence before the snap, mahomes told him during the cadence to “do it.”

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I remember that, because we were having this same conversation because Mahomes was robbed just like JFA was

Yup. I remember feeling betrayed at the time, as a Chiefs fan. Like, yeah, defense should've had a stop. But 100% the feel was that whichever way that coin fell, the team to get the ball first was gonna win. No one was stopping anyone.

This is exactly the same, I'm just on the other side. Obviously I like it a whole hell of a lot more now, and it's hard not to remember being told up and down 3 years back that we should learn to play defense instead of changing the rules. I guess this is karma lol. But it still just feels incomplete from a narrative perspective, at game's end. I have little doubt Allen scores if that coin comes up tails. So it just feels half empty as a finish.

• Like 2

Just now, Mizter_Clean10 said:

in his postgame interview, Kelce said during the timeout before the play that got them into FG range, he told Mahomes he probably wasn’t going to run the route the play called, he was going to go to the open space. he said during Mahomes cadence before the snap, mahomes told him during the cadence to “do it.”

This is honestly a huge part of the "How is Kelce always so open?" feeling. They let him run wherever he wants, as long as it doesn't intrude on someone else's route or the overall principle of the play. So no matter what zone he's against, it's wrong. He'll just run his route to the gap, not where it's drawn to. And as long as he and Mahomes read the D the same, it's just not stoppable.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

This is honestly a huge part of the "How is Kelce always so open?" feeling. They let him run wherever he wants, as long as it doesn't intrude on someone else's route or the overall principle of the play. So no matter what zone he's against, it's wrong. He'll just run his route to the gap, not where it's drawn to. And as long as he and Mahomes read the D the same, it's just not stoppable.

Yeah, but the Bills made this one so easy he didn't even have to change direction; 10 yards upfield, turns his head around and there is no one within 5 yards.

Just a colossal failure.

Edited by BofaDeez54927

22 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

HOF players doing HOF things, sometimes i forget that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Yeah, but the Bills made this one so easy he didn't even have to change direction; 10 yards upfield, turns his head around and there is no one within 5 yards.

Just a colossal failure.

He hadn’t done anythjng all game though

was a great battle tactic, save your best for the end game 

Check and…Mate

Edited by Chiefer