AFC Divisional GDT: (2) Chiefs vs (3) Bills

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Chiefs Kingdom
    • Bills Mafia

1 minute ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I didn't understand why the Bills rushed anybody. Maybe one. Just grab or tackle every receiver immediately. Penalty but who cares? Worst case is defending a 60+ Hail Mary.

Yes, just let Chris Jones go against the entire oline, double up Kelce and Hill, single coverage for the other 3 eligible receivers and have 3 deep (15-20 yards, not 40 like they did).  And why in Gods name did they do outside shade coverage on Kelce when KC had 2 time outs?  Just blatant stupidity.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

I didn't understand why the Bills rushed anybody. Maybe one. Just grab or tackle every receiver immediately. Penalty but who cares? Worst case is defending a 60+ Hail Mary.

You're not allowed to do that. There's a rule that states if they do that it's a 15 yard penalty and the time is put back on the clock. Any intentional foul to manipulate the clock is going to result in this penalty.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Yes, just let Chris Jones go against the entire oline, double up Kelce and Hill, single coverage for the other 3 eligible receivers and have 3 deep (15-20 yards, not 40 like they did).  And why in Gods name did they do outside shade coverage on Kelce when KC had 2 time outs?  Just blatant stupidity.

Somebody making the Bills' defensive calls on that series definitely has a lot to answer for.  They allowed them to complete high-percentage passes with lots of YAC, rather than making them throw lower-percentage passes downfield.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

You're not allowed to do that. There's a rule that states if they do that it's a 15 yard penalty and the time is put back on the clock. Any intentional foul to manipulate the clock is going to result in this penalty.

I believe that is only if you do it multiple times. Someone can correct me, but i believe that the Bills could have held the hell out of all of the receivers on first down and it would have run clock and been a 5 yarder. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I mean, they already did once where Burrow went to the tune of 30/39, 446 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT.  I agree that protection needs to be better than it was against the Titans, but the Titans also have a better pass rush than the Chiefs.  I'd even say the Bengals oline needs to be better than the 4 sacks from week 17.

I mean your protection sucked against the Chiefs too, but Burrow has shown time and time again that it doesnt matter. Dude is unflappable against the heat of the kitchen

Edited by Chiefer

15 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I get how upset all Bills fans are and I would be livid after this game.

For perspective, Nick Foles annihilated BB in a Super Bowl.

Sometimes a human QB just goes nuts. If that QB is a demi-god then its much more likely.

McDermott beat those Chiefs in KC earlier this year.

The goal next year needs to be to not have to go to Arrowhead and to not see them until the AFCCG if at all.

Pederson also took advantage of the analytics and went aggressive in that SB win. The Bills basically needed Pederson yesterday instead of McDermott.

Just now, Chiefer said:

I mean your protection sucked against the Chiefs too, but Burrow has shown time and time again that it doesnt matter. Dude is unflappable against the heat of the kitchen

While crappy against the Chiefs, the Titans game was much worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I believe that is only if you do it multiple times. Someone can correct me, but i believe that the Bills could have held the hell out of all of the receivers on first down and it would have run clock and been a 5 yarder. 

Only allowed to do it once, after that its considered an unfair sportsmanship(something like that), 15 yard penalty and lost time added back to the clock

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Im. Still trying to process this game, Buffalo youre amazing. Im just wow, we won a coin toss for once. Nothing but respect and love, just wow can’t believe whats going on. It lived up to the hype and then some. 

What do you mean for once? You beat us on TNF in OT because you won the coin toss there too.

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What do you mean for once? You beat us on TNF in OT because you won the coin toss there too.

I meant in the playoffs, with Mahomes the regular season is kinda on the backburner

…and i was like 6 beers and like 7 shots deep at that point sorry if i was acting like a fool everybody😅

Edited by Chiefer

The Bills said they built their team in the offseason to beat the Chiefs yet they couldn’t stop them from tying the game in 13 seconds.

I feel sick for Allen bc he was sensational. It seems unreal that he isn’t advancing to the AFCCG. Has the same feel to KD for the Nets last season in the playoffs where he was sensational but just bc Harris couldn’t hit wide open 3’s all series long (being the best in the regular season) in particular a wide open 3 in OT that would’ve beaten the Bucks a great series effort from KD was lost and the Nets got beat in 7 games.

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Bills said they built their team in the offseason to beat the Chiefs yet they couldn’t stop them from tying the game in 13 seconds.

I feel sick for Allen bc he was sensational. It seems unreal that he isn’t advancing to the AFCCG. Has the same feel to KD for the Nets last season in the playoffs where he was sensational but just bc Harris couldn’t hit wide open 3’s all series long (being the best in the regular season) in particular a wide open 3 in OT that would’ve beaten the Bucks a great series effort from KD was lost and the Nets got beat in 7 games.

Speaking of basketball, it appears we're about at the point where Patrick Mahomes should simply be regarded as the Michael Jordan of the NFL, and regardless of how teams construct themselves to beat him, they'll be about as likely to as NBA teams were to beat the Bulls in Jordan's prime.

Edited by The Guy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This is honestly a huge part of the "How is Kelce always so open?" feeling. They let him run wherever he wants, as long as it doesn't intrude on someone else's route or the overall principle of the play. So no matter what zone he's against, it's wrong. He'll just run his route to the gap, not where it's drawn to. And as long as he and Mahomes read the D the same, it's just not stoppable.

So like Brady and Gronk essentially.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Kelce called that play in the dirt, he saw the exact same thing you did. The timeout gave him time to tell Mahomes i dont care what coach calls, Im running up the seam past these LBs and getting open. 

You can clearly hear Mahomes yell ‘Do it Kels, Do it!’ This is the epitome of Andy Reid coached football teams right there, go out there and make a play! 

When things are Grim, be the Grim Reaper - Andy Reid

That's amazing, I was shocked to see the Bills come out in that same look. Shows how locked in Kelce was there and how much that eased Mahomes knowing his guy was gonna be open.