2022 Cowboys Offseason News and Notes

Matts4313

6 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I say franchise Schultz for 2022.  All of the Dak apologists should be begging for Schultz as he’s literally the only receiving option that fits Dak’s skill set.  

Wayy to much money. If we’re going to spend that much money on the TE spot i’d rather it be for a true game wrecking TE. Nobody is scheming for Dalton Schultz. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/33401266/nfl-combine-workouts-preview-2022-nfl-draft-biggest-questions-potential-risers-fastest-prospects-quarterbacks-watch

Workouts start Thursday night, with the quarterbacks, wide receivers and tight ends up first and participating in the 40-yard dash, vertical leap and broad jump, among other drills. The offensive line and running backs work out on Friday, the defensive linemen and linebackers follow on Saturday, and the combine ends with the defensive backs going Sunday.

The injury to Jarvin is bad news to me.  I expected Jarvin to be serviceable as a TE. But we do need a TE better then Mckeon. Normally I say I would trust our medical staff but …. We’ve seen before they have over estimated in the past.  I know I have higher expectations then most on Jarvin say 750-800 yrds maybe 6-8 TD’s.  

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Which TE would you then want to draft because Trey McBride the #1 TE prospect will be long gone and off the board by the time Dallas picks in the 2nd round. Probably even Jalen Wydermyer too.

I’d shoot for OJ Howard/Hayden Hurst in FA and Ruckert/Likely/Dulcich in rd 3

4 hours ago, Northland said:

TE will get drafted by round 4.

As much as it pains me to say this, Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State is a very similar player to what Schultz was at Stanford, and he can likely be had in the 3rd or 4th round.

Edited by plan9misfit

43 minutes ago, quiller said:

The injury to Jarvin is bad news to me.  I expected Jarvin to be serviceable as a TE. But we do need a TE better then Mckeon. Normally I say I would trust our medical staff but …. We’ve seen before they have over estimated in the past.  I know I have higher expectations then most on Jarvin say 750-800 yrds maybe 6-8 TD’s.  

Your expectations obviously aren’t high enough to spell his last name correctly.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Which TE would you then want to draft because Trey McBride the #1 TE prospect will be long gone and off the board by the time Dallas picks in the 2nd round. Probably even Jalen Wydermyer too.

Jeremy Ruckert and Charlie Kolar are solid mid round picks. 

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I say franchise Schultz for 2022.  All of the Dak apologists should be begging for Schultz as he’s literally the only receiving option that fits Dak’s skill set.  

Damn man, you act like Dak hasnt smashed every single passing record the Cowboys have ever had while leading the #1 offense 3 years in a row when he is playing (#1 in 2020 before injury). 

You act like this is some passing scrub, like Romo or Aikman

(ducks and runs)

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

No. We absolutely need Schultz to go to the Jets.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

As much as it pains me to say this, Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State is a very similar player to what Schultz was at Stanford, and he can likely be had in the 3rd or 4th round.

Franchising Schultz would be crazy salary wise.  Given Jarwin's status I think Dallas has to address TE in the draft.  They may have to sign a veteran FA.