Week 9 GDT: Broncos @ Eagles

Broncofan

Someone who actually does hold a high measure of credibility, Paul Klee, is on the Fire Vance bandwagon too. 

http://gazette.com/paul-klee-brotherly-drubbed-eagles-smash-broncos-in-painful-end-to-an-era/article/1614664

It’s unfair to pin a 3-5 start and one big, ugly signature loss all on Joseph, the first-time head coach. But he’s not the guy. Nine months into his tenure, Joseph has offered zero evidence the Broncos made a quality hire.

My fiance who has only been watching football since we have been together made a great point (she is super smart).  She said that game was bound to happen, because the defense cannot be expected to win every game for the Broncos...at some point they are just going to get tired...quite astute.  

VJ has demonstrated why I didn't want the guy - he is completely out of his depth.

As for next year - and the cap issues - here is a list of players that could be cut and their dead cap for 2018

Name          Saving      Dead money

Talib            12m          1m

Sanders      11m          5m

Marshall      7m            6m

Watson        7.5m        2.6m

CJ                 4.5m         0m

Green            3m           1m

Peko              4.2m        0.5m

Kerr               1.75m      0.25m

Heuerman   0.875m    0.15m

Garcia          0.8m         0.1m

Stephenson    0m         1m

Total Saving = $52million

Dead Money = $17.5million

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I need to see more, but I think his struggles this year are much like Jameis Winston in his final year - trying to do too much on a bad team. There's talk he may want to return (unfinished business, get a BCS bid for USC - which to me is crazy, USC is very flawed and their freshman class isn't fixing their issues).  EIther way, though, the issue is that if CLE, or BUF, or NYG feel the same way - they have us MAJORLY outgunned.   I don't think we can seriously match those guys - and as the saying goes, it only takes one.

Your Mayfield scenario has a lot of legs, though.  

The wildcard is Cleveland. There have already been reports that Darnold doesn't want to go there. If he gets by Cleveland, we could trade up with San Fran to get him. 

Well I have so much negative things to say all the way around that I don't know if I should start.  So maybe I'll say what I actually liked.  I liked that Brockthecock failed big time.   People on here took exception when I mentioned how much I hated him bailing on us but many of u understood his need to seek money.  I understand that too but I personally am more about loyalty so its my perrogative to enjoy watching him crash and burn yesterday and yes I rooted against that pos all last year when he was in Houston.  Karma man, karma.   I would cut him today and get Kelly in a game or two just to evaluate him.   And of course we have to give Lynch a game or two as well just to see what we have because that moron Elway wants to stick with either Brockthecock or Lynch because of where he drafted them but honestly we need to evaluate Lynch in the big leagues not the preseason.  This team is lacking so much but no one can say it isn't lacking a QB so once the donkeys we have are evaluated we then know how much we have to sink into the QB position.  One thing about yesterday's game that really upset me is how the commentators would point out how the Philly players contributing were picked in the draft.  Ie 14th overall, in the third round etc, etc................and it was like wow these guys draft well and us well yeah lets just not go there.............    

Firing a coach after 8 games is how you become the Browns. Regardless of what you think of Joseph ATM, we have to give him at least 2 years to put his plan in place. Admittedly, it hasn't been pretty thus far, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to talk about firing the coach.

10 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Firing a coach after 8 games is how you become the Browns. Regardless of what you think of Joseph ATM, we have to give him at least 2 years to put his plan in place. Admittedly, it hasn't been pretty thus far, but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to talk about firing the coach.

Completely disagree. It's not clear that Vance Joseph has a plan. The locker room is fractured. What has he done to prove, so far, a 2nd year is worth it? Until this team shows heart and starts playing the way we were promised it would with a "leader of men," we're stuck with a guy way over his head.

Another way you become a bad team is sticking with a piss poor coach for too long. It cuts both ways. Denver is an attractive location and always will be- we need a better coach than this hack.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

Completely disagree. It's not clear that Vance Joseph has a plan. The locker room is fractured. What has he done to prove, so far, a 2nd year is worth it? Until this team shows heart and starts playing the way we were promised it would with a "leader of men," we're stuck with a guy way over his head.

Another way you become a bad team is sticking with a piss poor coach for too long. It cuts both ways. Denver is an attractive location and always will be- we need a better coach than this hack.

Like I said a couple pages ago, not sure Joseph should be killed for the team not playing with heart. This week was the first time that really happened and Elway put the team in a position that they had to start literally the laughing stock of the league in Brock Osweiler. I'll agree that moving on from Vance is reasonable based on a similar idea to that Klee quote that AAA pulled, but I don't think it's totally fair to blame the locker room situation on him. 

I agree with @germ-x that the coaching has actually been fine until this game. 

Just now, broncos67 said:

Who is going to come here after seeing the previous coach ousted after one season? Some of the main problems with this team predates Joseph and the staff. We don't have a Franchise QB on our roster, the oline, while a bit better, is still not that good, and we have crap for targets behind DT and Sanders.

A lot of the problems this season ultimately fall on Elway and his horrid offensive drafting. 

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

Who is going to come here after seeing the previous coach ousted after one season? Some of the main problems with this team predates Joseph and the staff. We don't have a Franchise QB on our roster, the oline, while a bit better, is still not that good, and we have crap for targets behind DT and Sanders.

A lot of the problems this season ultimately fall on Elway and his horrid offensive drafting. 

There are only 32 coaches in the NFL at a given time. People will come here- I'm not remotely worried about that. Vance wasn't the right hire. It is what it is. If we keep him, I suppose it's fine because we'll likely get another top pick.

By the way, the defensive coaching has actually been fine. This game was a mess, but Woods had this defense humming along as good if not better than Wade did last year. But the team itself seems flat. Does anyone on this team like Joseph? I recall players absolutely loving Kubiak and Fox. Does anyone feel that players think that way about Vance? I sure as hell don't see it.

^^^ I lost so much respect for Joseph in last weeks loss.  Sims had been struggling for the past two weeks and was useless in the game against the Chiefs and yet Joseph stuck with him.  Why stick with him?  He is not Brady, Rogers, or Rivers who can regain his composure and turn the game around.  Sims was broken going into the Chiefs game and clearly on a downward spiral confidence wise.  I bet you I wasn't the only one feeling sorry for him.  He had no business being on the field and don't think the players didn't think the same thing.  It was like when Partick Roy was kept in the net in Montreal for the shilacking of a lifetime.  Roy being a superstar was eventually pulled and skated over to the coach saying it's over, I'm done clown and hence his subsequent trade.  In Sims case Joseph was the clown for letting him have to suffer through such an onslaught.  It has been pathetic all year long save our first four games but Sims has derailed as has the team and a lot of it is on VJ.

Just now, broncos67 said:

There are only 32 coaches in the NFL at a given time. People will come here- I'm not remotely worried about that. Vance wasn't the right hire. It is what it is. If we keep him, I suppose it's fine because we'll likely get another top pick.

By the way, the defensive coaching has actually been fine. This game was a mess, but Woods had this defense humming along as good if not better than Wade did last year. But the team itself seems flat. Does anyone on this team like Joseph? I recall players absolutely loving Kubiak and Fox. Does anyone feel that players think that way about Vance? I sure as hell don't see it.

There's only so much you can do with Siemian and Osweiler as your starting QBs. It's the most important position on the field and having those two start for extended amount of time will drain the hope out of any team. We just don't have a chance. The team has played hard all this year up until yesterday, when that first Osweiler interception seemed to zap the life out of the entire team. 

Archived