Week 9 GDT: Broncos @ Eagles

Broncofan

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The only thing that scares me about Falk is that he doesnt seem to have special arm talent. He seems well rounded but nothing about him jumps off the page the way certain traits with Wentz, Watson, Mahommes, ect did that justified them as 1st round franchise talents.

Im wondering how they will handle the situation next year TBH with Siemian, Osweiler, Lynch, Kelly and another drafted QB on the roster. Im guessing cut Brock, sign Siemian to a team friendly veteran backup QB deal and I have no clue with Lynch/Kelly. I think Kelly given the chance in training camp with a current year to sit and learn could be special. 

Part of me wants Siemian to be the backup and have Lynch/Kelly battle it out in TC. They both have extremely gifted arms and college production but I dont know how you can sell that to the fan base not drafting a QB in the first round next year in case neither of them works out. Your then in the exact same situation again next year as you are this year if neither Lynch/Kelly take that step.

I live in WA and my fiance is a WSU alum so I've seen every game this season and I don't want any part of Luke Falk. 

He's entirely a product of the Mike Leach system, he has Eli Manning-esque mobility, he has a fragile psyche, he hasn't played in a pro-style offense, he's been benched three times already this season (on a contending team), he doesn't have any command, and he doesn't have any fire. 

I'd be dissapointed if Elway used ANY of our draft picks on him. 

11 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Someone who actually does hold a high measure of credibility, Paul Klee, is on the Fire Vance bandwagon too. 

http://gazette.com/paul-klee-brotherly-drubbed-eagles-smash-broncos-in-painful-end-to-an-era/article/1614664

Joseph was a joke of a hire. Did we all not see this coming from a mile away? He had 1 year as a DC with a very talented group in Miami. Very small sample size. Reminds me of when the Raiders plucked Dennis Allen from Denver. Except in this case, VJ has 10X the talent. 

I don't have a lot of time to post here today but I just wanted to point this out. 

I recall when the decision on the head coach hire was being made, I pointed to the poor game plan, undisciplined play and lack of intensity that Vance's Miami defense demonstrated the playoff loss to Pittsburgh.

Many of you around here said that didn't matter, that Miami does not have that much talent on defense, that we have to trust Elway and that Vance had a good reputation around the league. 

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I don't have a lot of time to post here today but I just wanted to point this out. 

I recall when the decision on the head coach hire was being made, I pointed to the poor game plan, undisciplined play and lack of intensity that Vance's Miami defense demonstrated the playoff loss to Pittsburgh.

Many of you around here said that didn't matter, that Miami does not have that much talent on defense, that we have to trust Elway and that Vance had a good reputation around the league. 

And your point is?

15 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I remember that. And that may very well prove to have been a larger red flag than I thought it was. Joseph is starting to seem to me like that "cool" mom who acts more like your buddy than your parent. I'm sure the players love him on a personal level, but he's definitely not getting the most out of them. You can't help having a lack of talent to work with. That's on Elway. But it IS on him to get the most out of the players he's got, and thus far, that just isn't happening. 

If we’re supposed to fire VJ, then what’s SF to do with Shanahan?

Until we have meaningful talent at QB, I’ll refrain from passing judgement on the HC. Too many people were happy to bench Siemian, or applaud Kubiac’s ‘retirement’. Let’s change the teams name and colors while we’re at it. It’s all horrible now.

Let’s not forget Atlanta’s HC in all of this. 31 HC’s essentially lose the SB each year, so they should get canned too.

Elway’s resume speaks for itself. Look it up, again, and tell us who has better credentials out there that we should hire.

Since 2011, only 1 other team has more Conference Championships, and 1 team has the same as us.

If certain players feel they’re above the “team” they can walk away from their contracts. 

1 hour ago, The Helicopter said:

If we’re supposed to fire VJ, then what’s SF to do with Shanahan?

Until we have meaningful talent at QB, I’ll refrain from passing judgement on the HC. Too many people were happy to bench Siemian, or applaud Kubiac’s ‘retirement’. Let’s change the teams name and colors while we’re at it. It’s all horrible now.

Let’s not forget Atlanta’s HC in all of this. 31 HC’s essentially lose the SB each year, so they should get canned too.

Elway’s resume speaks for itself. Look it up, again, and tell us who has better credentials out there that we should hire.

Since 2011, only 1 other team has more Conference Championships, and 1 team has the same as us.

If certain players feel they’re above the “team” they can walk away from their contracts. 

These are COMPLETELY different situations. SF was in full rebuild mode and hired Shanahan to a 6-year deal with an eye towards a complete rebuild. That is NOT what Denver was aiming to do. Not all coaching hires and situations are created equal.

What has Vance Joseph said or done in order to make anyone believe he is qualified to lead this team? I can't think of one outstanding unit he's coached, and other than qualities we're expected to believe exist without actually seeing, I have heard nothing from any player, media member, or person connected to the team that makes me believe this was a wise hire.

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I still cant believe Joseph got the job over Kyle Shanahan, a man who was born and raised to be the head coach of the Denver Broncos. What an utterly disgraceful decision. 

It's funny bc there has been a lot of ripping on the nepotism within the organization around here, including ppl that wanted Shanahan, but yeah the Vance Joseph hire is certainly not looking good. 

I still cant believe Joseph got the job over Kyle Shanahan, a man who was born and raised to be the head coach of the Denver Broncos. What an utterly disgraceful decision. 

I think a lot came down to the fact that Elway didn't want a possible dissenting coach. Someone that could challenge his top-dog status. Not that Kyle would have been McDaniels like, but he actually may have pushed against Elway decisions or challenged his 'clout'. Kubiak absolutely didn't do that and Vance seems like another 'delegate to Elway in all circumstances' type hire. A dog that knows its master.

I still would take Toub over Kyle or Vance, but its pretty clear that Vance is a faceless nothing of a coach. Not a TOTAL train wreck, not a guy that stands out, just someone to do press conferences and look slightly perturbed on the sidelines. He is the JAG of coaches.

When Elway hired Joseph I suggested that his future as GM could be tied directly to the success or failure of VJ as a HC in Denver. Many on here scoffed at the idea. 

Joseph was Elway's no.1 target going back two years ago when Kubiak was hired - info was leaked (probably by Russell) about how enthralled Elway was with Joseph after his interview - and when Kubiak was done at the end of last season there was only ever one hire in Elway's mind. If Elway doesn't fire Joseph this season then both of them could be gone by the end of 2018.

Christ it's really no wonder this forum has gone down the drain in terms of quality.

Any idea of VJ getting fired after one year is stupid, unless he does something like McDaniels to tarnish the Bronco image. Now Elway sure can go ahead and fire the entire coaching staff, but I'd like one real damn explanation on how having a new staff for the 4th time in 5 seasons is going to change a damn thing suddenly, I know this place likes to get emotional and binge on hyperbole but seriously? Now VJ may very well be a bad coach, but coaching is only a 1/3 of the team, unless there's changes in the FO and amongst the players I don't care if we change staffs every year, not a thing will change.

Archived