2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

I wonder if McDaniels and company are thinking we have this 19 million coming June 2nd. We feel like the past coaching staff didn’t coach the offensive line up and we feel like we can do it and get the most out of them. Let’s use the OTAs and mini camp that are available to us to get a better look at them and with the draft coming up in a month they can possibly add another piece or two and see what they have and worst case scenario comes we know we have this money available to sign some guys and also trade for an offensive lineman that we feel is the missing piece. 

It’s extremely risky but they could be saying why go out there right away and spend that money on the offensive line at this moment if we can salvage some of the talent that’s already here and see where that goes. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wonder if McDaniels and company are thinking we have this 19 million coming June 2nd. We feel like the past coaching staff didn’t coach the offensive line up and we feel like we can do it and get the most out of them. Let’s use the OTAs and mini camp that are available to us to get a better look at them and with the draft coming up in a month they can possibly add another piece or two and see what they have and worst case scenario comes we know we have this money available to sign some guys and also trade for an offensive lineman that we feel is the missing piece. 

It’s extremely risky but they could be saying why go out there right away and spend that money on the offensive line at this moment if we can salvage some of the talent that’s already here and see where that goes. 

So what you are saying is we once again have a big ego as a coach and the belief that they are the smartest guys in the room.  I hate when coaches think they will be the one that changes a player.  I understand thinking there is a chance but you still have to hedge your bets by bringing in some serviceable players.  We could have brought in a below average starter just in case.  The worst that happens is you have a good backup.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Honestly with the vets still in fa and the cuts that will happen during training camp. They can take their time. Right tackle imo is the really overwhelming sore spot right now. I think better coaching can make due with the other spots. 

31 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

So what you are saying is we once again have a big ego as a coach and the belief that they are the smartest guys in the room.  I hate when coaches think they will be the one that changes a player.  I understand thinking there is a chance but you still have to hedge your bets by bringing in some serviceable players.  We could have brought in a below average starter just in case.  The worst that happens is you have a good backup.

They can't change a whole roster in one off season. Some guys has to be coached up. And I'm almost 100% sure we not done bringing in olineman thos offseason. 

6 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

They can't change a whole roster in one off season. Some guys has to be coached up. And I'm almost 100% sure we not done bringing in olineman thos offseason. 

I understand and I am not ready to make that claim yet.  Just making fun of the ego some coaches have by always thinking they can fix player XYZ.  Now if a player like Lucas is there at 86 and we pass and roll with Parker at RT because our oline coach thinks he can fix him I am going to be upset.  For once I just want a coach to come in and say we need a RT to play RT.  It would be very refreshing.

18 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand and I am not ready to make that claim yet.  Just making fun of the ego some coaches have by always thinking they can fix player XYZ.  Now if a player like Lucas is there at 86 and we pass and roll with Parker at RT because our oline coach thinks he can fix him I am going to be upset.  For once I just want a coach to come in and say we need a RT to play RT.  It would be very refreshing.

Well considering they just said they don't really want one trick ponies or single spot players. This coach probably won't be the one to say it. 

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That's literally a coaches job is to coach up and bring the best out in a player. They can't fix all their hole in a single offseason. It's less ego and more working with the cards you were dealt. I don't get the sense they think they can "fix" players. More, they will coach them, evaluate them and always look at ways to improve their football team. 

Ego is reaching on prospects and thinking you're the smartest person in the room. That is now what is going on with this crew. 

I'll reserve judgement on the roster until week 1 as there is a lot that will happen between now and then.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You're going to be mad if there is a player at 86 you like and we don't take him?? 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do we really even have any cap space left to spend?

We have 6 mill right now, plus 19 or so after June 1. 

We still will add 15-20 guys between now and camp, and don't need much for rookies. We are in good shape for cap space. 

• Like 2

At this point, I think teams have lines of communication open with some players, and want to see how the draft goes. The players, too. The money has dried up, if you are an OT, you want to sign with the team who misses out on an OT, not the team that drafts two of them. 

We will see a flurry after the draft of signings, and then after June 1 there will be a move, maybe the Carr extension.

47 minutes ago, massraider said:

You're going to be mad if there is a player at 86 you like and we don't take him?? 

We have had a glaring issue at a position for years and there is a good chance a group of players can fix it.  If we choose to ignore this yes I will be upset because once again we will be relying on a player who has shown they can not play it at an acceptable level for years now.