The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers laid a dud in week 17 and the NFCCG in 2010, the rest of that team carried us to wins, we scored 10 and 14 points as an offense in those games. Favre didn't even hit 80 yards in the divisional game vs the Niners in 1996, the ST and D got us a win in adverse conditions.

Rodgers was a factor into why we didn't win, Rodgers was not the reason we lost. If we could've executed ST at a middle school football level, we'd be talking about the Rams this week. It's a freaking shame this team never gives him a chance to shake off one bad postseason game. Pathetic actually. 

If I'm the team, I'd see his consistent desire to go rogue and play hero ball, when playing within the offense probably gets us the win, same as Favre in 08. If I'm Rodgers, I've seen enough incompetence on the defense and ST sides of the ball that even if I do the minimum to win, the rest of the team still finds a way to lose.

I don't see much of a reason either side would want to keep this going. Seems like amicable divorce is the most likely option.

The expectation is that defense and special teams compensates for when there’s a legitimate reason for a QB to struggle.

Aaron Rodgers targeting every receiver and back outside of Adams and Jones 6 times for 6 yards is not a legitimate reason for your QB to struggle.

And the defense absolutely 100% bailed Rodgers out enough. More than enough. If you can’t score 14 points in a playoff game because you’re getting constant, immediate pressure that’s where your defense needs to step up. But if you’re not scoring 14 points because you’re not attempting to throw to anybody other than 2 players, you are more responsible than what your description here suggests.

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

The expectation is that defense and special teams compensates for when there’s a legitimate reason for a QB to struggle.

Aaron Rodgers targeting every receiver and back outside of Adams and Jones 6 times for 6 yards is not a legitimate reason for your QB to struggle.

And the defense absolutely 100% bailed Rodgers out enough. More than enough. If you can’t score 14 points in a playoff game because you’re getting constant, immediate pressure that’s where your defense needs to step up. But if you’re not scoring 14 points because you’re not attempting to throw to anybody other than 2 players, you are more responsible than what your description here suggests.

Was still enough to win with rudimentary ST performance. 

He's gone from dud to stud in a week in the past, we didn't give him a chance this week to fix it because we continue to ignore ST, just like we ignored ILBs for a decade, and wow our defense got better when we had one. 

Is what it is, I'm ready to move on from Aaron, but he should be just as pissed with this organization as we are at him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's gone from dud to stud in a week in the past, we didn't give him a chance this week to fix it because we continue to ignore ST, just like we ignored ILBs for a decade, and wow our defense got better when we had one. 

Is what it is, I'm ready to move on from Aaron, but he should be just as pissed with this organization as we are at him. 

If we had given up 50 points but scored 55, would you say the offense did enough to win or that they were outstanding? Same applies here. I don't care if offense would have been "enough to win" except for the ST gaffe, 10 points is just a bad performance. If both STs and defense have had an average game, we get blown out of the stadium to the tune of 24-10 or something, so the offense did not do "good enough" in my opinion.

The defense had a great performance. The offense and STs sucked.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

All of this I can ALMOST agree with. At the same time, he knew the organization. He’s known it for the past however many years. If he expected to win a Super Bowl without playing lights out, it’s on him.

He should have had the mentality that he was going to have to bail out the defense and special teams, not vice versa.

If it’s a percentage? I’d say 30% of this loss is on Rodgers, 60% on special teams, 10% on defense. I just can’t get over what might have been these past ten years if the defense ever started the season with a killer instinct and ended it with one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

If we had given up 50 points but scored 55, would you say the offense did enough to win or that they were outstanding? Same applies here. I don't care if offense would have been "enough to win" except for the ST gaffe, 10 points is just a bad performance. If both STs and defense have had an average game, we get blown out of the stadium to the tune of 24-10 or something, so the offense did not do "good enough" in my opinion.

This is it.

3 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

The offense put us in position for 13 pts. It's a literal fact that was good enough for a win.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The offense put us in position for 13 pts. It's a literal fact that was good enough for a win.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, this one is borderline.

If the offense sealed the deal after that Jones catch, that field goal isn’t getting blocked.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just salty. I feel like they could have stopped that final drive. There were also, I think, a couple missed opportunities. Stokes missed a pick six, Campbell missed a pick.

That 3rd and 7 run conversion with Deebo at the end to put them in FG range really irritated me. No way they're putting the ball in Garoppolo's hands there, especially since it's 4 down territory.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Striker said:

Much like in other seasons where all we heard was NO ONE GETS OPEN, the tape shows way different.

At least they stopped lying like the old replays during the game that showed dudes running open and they'd go "wow just nowhere for poor Aaron to go with the ball there!!" When other QBs would have thrown to one of them a lot of the time.

• Like 4

Just now, MuFF said:

That 3rd and 7 run conversion with Deebo at the end to put them in FG range really irritated me. No way they're putting the ball in Garoppolo's hands there, especially since it's 4 down territory.

Yep. We’ve got time for Rodgers to do something if not for that play, and only a soft defense allows that.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just salty. I feel like they could have stopped that final drive. There were also, I think, a couple missed opportunities. Stokes missed a pick six, Campbell missed a pick.

As I've told you guys, Stokes has zero ball skills.  Great cover guy, but he he won't catch it unless he's sitting on a bad throw. 

Hes like a guy handcuffed to a WR but wearing a blindfold.   Still a great pick by Gute.

• Like 1