The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

As I've told you guys, Stokes has zero ball skills.  Great cover guy, but he he won't catch it unless he's sitting on a bad throw. Hes like a guy handcuffed to a WR but wearing a blindfold.   Still a great pick by Gute.

Well this is a bummer.....but perhaps he dedicates himself to be the PBU King 👍

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, this one is borderline.

If the offense sealed the deal after that Jones catch, that field goal isn’t getting blocked.

0 reason for Jones to cut inside on that play.  Either he beats his guy for a TD, or he gets tackled OOB and the clock stops.  But a field goal under 35 yards needs to be a gimme in the NFL. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

0 reason for Jones to cut inside on that play.  Either he beats his guy for a TD, or he gets tackled OOB and the clock stops.  But a field goal under 35 yards needs to be a gimme in the NFL. 

Or if they don't inexplicably swap the side of the line that Lancaster was on. Literally anyone else would have been improvement there.

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just salty. I feel like they could have stopped that final drive. There were also, I think, a couple missed opportunities. Stokes missed a pick six, Campbell missed a pick.

Yes, they had some key plays they could have stopped.  A 3rd and 7 run comes to mind.  Overall great job, but they weren't flawless.

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yes, they had some key plays they could have stopped.  A 3rd and 7 run comes to mind.  Overall great job, but they weren't flawless.

They gave up 6 points. The only reason there is any narrative other than this was our best playoff defensive performance in like 10 years is because the other two phases were pathetic.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

They gave up 6 points. The only reason there is any narrative other than this was our best playoff defensive performance in like 10 years is because the other two phases were pathetic.

Before it was give Aaron a defense like the patriots give Brady, we got 30 scored on, they were all true, but we got 2 field goals out of the defense, one because of awful special teams. just needed 7 after the first drive. 9 possesions 3 points, with 3 straight three and outs. last year was the same to end the game.

ran out of excuses now conjuring up from thin air.

• Like 3

cE9ZLuS.png

The initial still pic of the last throw by Rodgers looked bad.  The live film looks much worse.  If Rodgers targets Lazard with a decent ball, it's an uncontested catch 20 yards downfield, with at least 10-20 yards of RAC on top of that.  At the moment Rodgers releases the ball (above) Lazard is breaking free across the middle with every SF player in the secondary running away from him.  The two SF players in best position to bring Lazard down after the catch are both running downfield at full speed to bracket Adams.  Just an inexcusable decision by Rodgers.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

cE9ZLuS.png

The initial still pic of the last throw by Rodgers looked bad.  The live film looks much worse.  If Rodgers targets Lazard with a decent ball, it's an uncontested catch 20 yards downfield, with at least 10-20 yards of RAC on top of that.  At the moment Rodgers releases the ball (above) Lazard is breaking free across the middle with every SF player in the secondary running away from him.  The two SF players in best position to bring Lazard down after the catch are both running downfield at full speed to bracket Adams.  Just an inexcusable decision by Rodgers.

Interestingly - the folks at NFL Network just ran this video - as well as the final play in the regular season game against SF. In that game - Davante ran a similar dig route - but from the other side / sideline - and AR hit him for the yardage necessary for the FG attempt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

cE9ZLuS.png

I'm sure Rodgers would love to have that one back...same as Favre would love to have that one throw back late in the game against the Giants.  It happens...nobody's perfect.  Even elite franchise quarterbacks.  Seems to happen to us in cold weather games.  I don't know what happened to Rodgers, but a lot of his throws were just off...either just off the ground, or over their head.  Rodgers is usually pretty unaffected by the cold, but I think the pass rush was getting to him all game.  

Edited by minnypackerfan

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm sure Rodgers would love to have that one back...same as Favre would love to have that one throw back late in the game against the Giants.  It happens...nobody's perfect.  Even elite franchise quarterbacks.  Seems to happen to us in cold weather games.  I don't what happened to Rodgers, but a lot of his throws were just off...either just off the ground, or over their head.  Rodgers is usually pretty unaffected by the cold, but I think the pass rush was getting to him all game.  

Some of the throws were intentionally thrown low because he is paranoid about leaving a ball high in the middle of the field.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interestingly - the folks at NFL Network just ran this video - as well as the final play in the regular season game against SF. In that game - Davante ran a similar dig route - but from the other side / sideline - and AR hit him for the yardage necessary for the FG attempt.

The primary difference of course being that it was Adams running the route, so that is who Rodgers was looking at.