The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Packers leadership is setting the stage for this being Aaron’s decision and Aaron’s decision alone and people think that means they want him back.

No. They don’t want Rodgers back. They want Rodgers do force his way to a new team so they’re not the villains.

It’s pretty obvious. Aaron says he doesn’t want to rebuild (I’m not taking a pay cut).

LaFleur says there’s ways to bring players back (take a pay cut).

This is a surprisingly on point take from you, Outpost 😃 

I feel like there wasn’t the same begging of Rodgers to come back from LaFleur last night during his presser.  

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

Because its clearly personal and nobody in their right mind would consider trading a guy who's about to win back to back MVPs except for delusional spoiled Packers fans. All signs the last 2 years have pointed to him staying, that right there is the coach outright saying EVERYONE in the organization wants him to stay yet. I don't know what else people need to see before they are willing to admit they were wrong.

A lot of fans saying "trade Rodgers" are saying this because they feel it will take a Herculean effort to keep most of this roster in tact with our salary cap issues if Rodgers is back in 2022.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. Packers leadership is setting the stage for this being Aaron’s decision and Aaron’s decision alone and people think that means they want him back.

No. They don’t want Rodgers back. They want Rodgers do force his way to a new team so they’re not the villains.

It’s pretty obvious. Aaron says he doesn’t want to rebuild (I’m not taking a pay cut).

This.

I dunno why I'm CONSTANTLY surprised at people's ability to only process something one level deep.

I legit wish my mind worked that way. It seems so peaceful to be so sure of something (even though it's obviously wrong in reality).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

You don't draft a QB in the first round with no intention of playing him. They wanted to push Rodgers out the door. Plans changed.

Just like TT did in 2005?  Often GMs are drafting players for the future not just the here and now.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep! They turned last year's PR nightmare into a win this year. All year Rodgers' has praised Gute for his communication and his moves to bring guys in and give him a chance. 

Checkmate! 

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

His aversion to throwing a ball that might get picked is his Achilles Heel.  

I should have added here like I did in another thread that his tendency to have tunnel vision in big games like this is another major fault of his.  😕

9 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I didn’t watch his postgame presser but did he step up and say he didn’t play good enough?  I’ve seen many other QBs take accountability for their lackluster play throughout the years.  Did he say “I’ve got to play better”?  

in a very Rodgers like way, he did

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This is Rodgers real chance to work with management and figure out the problem that is bringing him back. Do you want to come back without taking a pay cut and play on a skeletal team on all sides of the ball? Or take a massive pay cut to get a real chance at winning?

Either way I agree with you, yeah, I feel this is basically the most passive-aggressive way for management to put all the onus on Rodgers for his decision. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, we didn't want to start a rookie QB and wanted some developmental years.

This isn't hard. 

If Rodgers comes back, which is looking ever more likely, barring injury Jordan Love will never see the field. You don't take QBs in the first round with no intention of playing them. Name one QB in the last 10 years that sat their entire rookie contract on the bench. You cant because teams don't do it. They bet against Aaron Rodgers and it didn't work out, I dont understand whats so hard to understand about that.

You guy's can delude yourself into believing the Packers are playing some advanced 4D chess game all you want, they are already admitting their mistake. They know what you guys don't want to admit, Jordan Love cant play and if they had any sort of realistic options to get out from under Rodgers they would have done it by now instead of letting him hold the franchise hostage and begging him to come back.