The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

If Eagles offer 15,16,19 and Jalen Hurts

For - Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams.

Do you take that ? 

That would give us 15,16,19,28 in the draft. 

I'd love to see the hypotheticals. 

No.  Honestly, I'd be leery about accepting 15/16/19 for Rodgers alone, let alone throwing in Davante Adams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  Honestly, I'd be leery about accepting 15/16/19 for Rodgers alone, let alone throwing in Davante Adams.

Why? Could package 15 and 28 to move up to 10. Or trade back for a 1st rounder next year. Gute has killed the 1st round every year. Giving him 4 first round draft picks to play with would set us up for the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Bart Starr once threw 294 consecutive passes w/o an interception, which was an NFL record.....Are you saying he suffered the same "aversion"?...

How would anybody know that? 

Let's give people the benefit of the doubt and say they have elite memory and you have to be about 16 to understand QB characteristics. 

To remember Starr's prime would make you 70. 

Considering the lack of televised games of that era, you would basically have to be a season ticket holder.

That person doesn't exist any more.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Let's give people the benefit of the doubt and say they have elite memory and you have to be about 16 to understand QB characteristics. 

Considering the lack of televised games of that era, you would basically have to be a season ticket holder.

Even back then all Packer games were on local TV. If you lived in the area you got to see them all. Also, this thing called record books so you could probably find that on Wikipedia. Although, his name is @40Year Pack Fanwhich only takes him back to the beginning of the 80's. Dude you have to come clean. How did you know that without looking it up?

Edited by Old Guy

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Even back then all Packer games were on local TV. If you lived in the area you got to see them all. Also, this thing called record books so you could probably find that on Wikipedia. Although, his name is @40Year Pack Fanwhich only takes him back to the beginning of the 80's. Dude you have to come clean. How did you know that without looking it up?

Back then they used to have a 90 mile rule....I'm not sure Green Bay stations could broadcast the games but Wausau, Milwaukee, and Madison could broadcast it so nearly every one could get it.  I watched all the games in the 1960's, but my memory of the games starts in the early 60's.  My brothers memory goes way back into the mid 50's when as he tells me they really sucked big time.  He tells me stories about how bad they were back then and that in the 70's and 80's, we were much more competitive.  

Does anybody here have a clear memory of the 50's teams?  If so, I'd love to hear some of your stories.

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not true...Starr was known to be a QB who only threw high percentage passes....

28 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Back then they used to have a 90 mile rule....I'm not sure Green Bay stations could broadcast the games but Wausau, Milwaukee, and Madison could broadcast it so nearly every one could get it.  I watched all the games in the 1960's, but my memory of the games starts in the early 60's.  My brothers memory goes way back into the mid 50's when as he tells me they really sucked big time.  He tells me stories about how bad they were back then and that in the 70's and 80's, we were much more competitive.  

Does anybody here have a clear memory of the 50's teams?  If so, I'd love to hear some of your stories.

Even assuming your memory is good. It's not like you're going to be able to remember any but the most incredible of plays from that era. Maybe some staples of the offense as a concept.

But to be able to say that Starr was overly conservative by his own era's standards just isn't anything that anybody is going to know on anything other than maybe a narrative basis. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What do you want me to say? I don't exactly have tracking data or even advanced passing stats from 1966?

There's zero point to this conversation other than a flex about knowing some old stat that makes him look like the most long term dedicated fan ever. 

• Like 1