The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Speculation at its finest .. nothing is ever set up for the next few years.  All those picks in one draft isn't the "cats meow" especially if what the Packers are looking for isn't really there.  Drafting the best player available also isn't that feasible either plus those contracts will all come due at the same year.  For Rodgers and Adams to go together the Packers need a ransom of picks not in the same year and a player or two.  

But if what someone is looking for isn't there, you just trade with someone who DOES find what they're looking for. There's always someone. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay, but do you remember if he was putting his own interception streak ahead of team success while doing so?

So AR's keeping his interceptions to a minimum, was due to him putting his interests above those of the team?...Good to know there are those abound who love a good conspiracy...And if Rodgers had made errant throws which resulted in INT's, today he'd still be considered a bum....A lot of what has come about is likely the results of our injuries....They caught up with us...The Tonyan and recent one to MVS weren't going to be replaced by an aging Randall Cobb... With the addition of the Dillon injury, this team wasn't poised to win a championship....Especially against a team like KC, as they're playing their best ball at the right time....

I stated years ago Rodgers was getting higher praise than he deserved and was met with harsh criticism....I also said offensively this team wasn't the juggernaut they were last year entering into the playoffs.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Because it would suck to play him in the regular season, but it would be a favorable matchup in the playoffs

Given two even offers between AfC and NFC I'm shipping him to the AFC.  I'd probably ask for a little more to send him to an NFC team, but by and large I'm not opposed to it.

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So AR's keeping his interceptions to a minimum, was due to him putting his interests above those of the team?...Good to know there are those abound who love a good conspiracy...And if Rodgers had made errant throws which resulted in INT's, today he'd still be considered a bum....A lot of what has come about is likely the results of our injuries....They caught up with us...The Tonyan and recent one to MVS weren't going to be replaced by an aging Randall Cobb... With the addition of the Dillon injury, this team wasn't poised to win a championship....Especially against a team like KC, as they're playing their best ball at the right time....

I stated years ago Rodgers was getting higher praise than he deserved and was met with harsh criticism....I also said offensively this team wasn't the juggernaut they were last year entering into the playoffs.....

QBs get more praise than they deserve if the team wins and all or most of the blame when they don't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Given two even offers between AfC and NFC I'm shipping him to the AFC.  I'd probably ask for a little more to send him to an NFC team, but by and large I'm not opposed to it.

Yeah I'm mostly kidding about the playing him in the playoffs part. But I mostly agree, I'm not really worried about AFC vs NFC, just give me the best deal.

41 minutes ago, Pugger said:

QBs get more praise than they deserve if the team wins and all or most of the blame when they don't.

No they don't?

The entire thread has buried (justifiably) the ST, and half of it is working damn hard to give Rodgers cover behind "The Offensive Line didn't play well" and "Gute should be held accountable for the lack of weapons".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Dude, what are you talking about? Did you forget the argument you were making? This is your conspiracy!

You make a good point about the injuries, it hasn't been talked about enough.

48 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I don’t think you’d get an argument from most that our offense wasn’t as high powered this year as it was in ‘20. The depleted line took away our ability to dominate the LOS as well as having some rookie pieces that were not terrible but not what we had before. Even the empty stadiums gave us an advantage with the hard count on the road last year.

What set this year apart was the defense had shown they were capable of shutting down and even shutting out the opposition. we might have had the balance with a still strong offense to get it done. We neglected the third leg of the tripod and we saw the results. 

57 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This.  It's going to take a little bit extra for me to deal him within the conference, but I'm not steadfast opposed.  Well, except the NFC North teams.

Riddle me this.  Why would Rodgers on McAfee's Show yesterday even mention tagging Adams if he wasn't planning on staying.  

Would he bring up tagging Adams if he was looking at retirement??  Hell No, he wouldnt. He'd just retire and let Adams go about his business.

30 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Riddle me this.  Why would Rodgers on McAfee's Show yesterday even mention tagging Adams if he wasn't planning on staying.  

Would he bring up tagging Adams if he was looking at retirement??  Hell No, he wouldnt. He'd just retire and let Adams go about his business.

If I’m Adams, I’m not tying my anchor to Rodgers long term with his declining play. Stay another year on the tag and give it another shot.  If you follow Rodgers elsewhere (I don’t see any scenario where they’re a package trade bcuz the ask will be too much for any team), sign a short deal. But why would he do that when this is his best shot ever in free agency.  If he does leave, he needs to find the best fit for him for the span on his contract and more. That means an ascending QB.