The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

The primary reason the offense doesn't go in the tank when Adams is out is because that is the only time Rodgers executes the offense as it's designed.

Exactly this.  It’s why I’m torn on if it’s worth it to bring Aaron back.  In the playoffs, you’re going to face a very good defense and face adversity, and Rodgers hasn’t proven that he can stay true to the offense since 2016 (Dallas)

The problem is that regardless whatever flaws he has, Rodgers is still an undeniably great QB.  Love could run the MLF offense to perfection, but is unlikely to produce seasons anything like what Rodgers is still capable of.  My guess right now would be Rodgers restructures to free up a big chunk of 2022 cap space and remains in GB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

I told told told many times

we ain’t winning this things with Davante and arod together on field

Every one laughed at me

Matt Lafluer play book isn’t going to open with Davante

Can you point us to a post where you said "we aren't winning this thing with Rodgers and Davante both playing" and then people laughing?

Just now, incognito_man said:

Can you point us to a post where you said "we aren't winning this thing with Rodgers and Davante both playing" and then people laughing?

It doesn’t matter. If he was thinking it, it counts, and I believe him.

Leave him alone. He’s Outpost Approved.

3 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm sure Rodgers would love to have that one back...same as Favre would love to have that one throw back late in the game against the Giants.  It happens...nobody's perfect.  Even elite franchise quarterbacks.  Seems to happen to us in cold weather games.  I don't know what happened to Rodgers, but a lot of his throws were just off...either just off the ground, or over their head.  Rodgers is usually pretty unaffected by the cold, but I think the pass rush was getting to him all game.  

If he did want that one back, he wouldn’t continue doing it over and over.  I’m convinced the only way to cure Rodgers is to give him an entire receiving corp of JAG receivers - each about the same in talent.  He’d have no choice but to spread the ball around, or at least try.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If GB does keep Rodgers, I hope they tag and trade Adams for as much as we can possibly get.  Having them both works fine in regular season but poorly in the playoffs.  I’d much prefer a receiving corp of jags and force Rodger’s hands.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

If GB does keep Rodgers, I hope they tag and trade Adams for as much as we can possibly get.  Having them both works fine in regular season but poorly in the playoffs.  I’d much prefer a receiving corp of jags and force Rodger’s hands.

That's the Catch-22 I see:

(1) We get Rodgers back

iff

(2) We also get Adams back

meaning

(3) We have to move on from other serious contributors

and

(4) we still can't win with both Rodgers and Davante on the field in the playoffs

So, we can't do #1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That's the Catch-22 I see:

(1) We get Rodgers back

iff

(2) We also get Adams back

meaning

(3) We have to move on from other serious contributors

and

(4) we still can't win with both Rodgers and Davante on the field in the playoffs

So, we can't do #1

Yep, #1 and #2 is a perpetual cycle of death in the playoffs.  It’s best we all just come to terms that Rodgers just can’t help himself and the only way to fix the problem is to separate them, which probably won’t happen because Rodgers most likely doesn’t want that

So,

trade them both to the same team for a huge haul and watch the cycle of playoff death happen someplace else.

I just can not stomach another predictable, brutal outcome like this again.  

Edited by Sasquatch

11 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

You wanna be my Agent?  :)