The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

LaFleur: "There is no plan for a rebuild. There's ways to -- I don't want to say manipulate -- but there's ways to move money to make sure we get the bulk of our key contributors back.  I'm confident we'll all work together to get as many guys back as humanly possible."

Not sure it means anything, but losing Rodgers = rebuild unless they really think Love can come to form in year 1 as starter. 

54 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If he did want that one back, he wouldn’t continue doing it over and over.  I’m convinced the only way to cure Rodgers is to give him an entire receiving corp of JAG receivers - each about the same in talent.  He’d have no choice but to spread the ball around, or at least try.

We did that, in 2015- Jordy got hurt, Cobb got hurt and Davonte was so bad people wanted him cut.

Our offense sucked that year- we just saw a ton of sacks, throw aways and a bunch of passive aggressive comments throughout the season (mostly directed towards Jeff Janis).

Basically, what we saw Saturday night (minus Jeff Janis).

Edited by Cpdaly23
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

We did that, in 2015- Jordy got hurt, Cobb got hurt and Davonte was so bad people wanted him cut.

Our offense sucked that year- we just saw a ton of sacks, throw aways and a bunch of passive aggressive comments throughout the season (mostly directed towards Jeff Janis).

I liked Janis. Was a supporter and hopeful he'd be the guy to "take the top off" - but his development stalled and eventually fizzled....and interestingly.....I remember something very different from your "passive aggressive" take - rather the level of "Janis denial" was *huge* and the social media "discussions" (we'll call them.....) and "if only this and if only that..." were ongoing to the point of never ending.

In the end he was what he was: a fast guy with straight line skills and questionable hands. JAG....who happened to catch two HUGE Hail Mary's.

56 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Well, ideally we’d love to have 3 elite receivers and Rodgers can take his pick with confidence.  Obviously we can’t afford that so we’re left with keep Rodgers and Adams and gut the rest of the roster, or, go Rodgers and the jag route, or dump both Rodgers and Adams and let MLF and Gute build a team with their vision.

2015 had MM and a strategy that was predicated on receivers winning their matchups, so yeah, jag receivers weren’t gonna cut it.  2022 has MLF, a stout running game, a strong line, and a very different scheme.  Very few similarities, IMHO.

Just saw some All-22 breakdown on USA Today in their article of how SF contained Adams…it’s just so damn frustrating. Rodgers predictably staring Davante’s direction & waiting, hoping he gets open, or even forcing throws like he did on our last drive…and meanwhile other guys are wide open on throws he could make 98 out of 100 times. 

Here’s the link for those looking to suffer as well:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/demeco-ryans-aaron-rodgers-davante-adams/

11 minutes ago, StartBarr said:

Just saw some All-22 breakdown on USA Today in their article of how SF contained Adams…it’s just so damn frustrating. Rodgers predictably staring Davante’s direction & waiting, hoping he gets open, or even forcing throws like he did on our last drive…and meanwhile other guys are wide open on throws he could make 98 out of 100 times. 

Here’s the link for those looking to suffer as well:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/demeco-ryans-aaron-rodgers-davante-adams/

Cobb is watching this wondering "why did he want me back here even?"

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Cobb is watching this wondering "why did he want me back here even?"

Yep!  Give the GD mvp award to Kupp.  Seriously.  And they should wait to give the fricken award until after the playoffs anyways.  I mean, it’s pointless winning the regular season but being useless in the playoffs, where a true MVP excels.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33140930/green-bay-packers-leadership-unified-wanting-aaron-rodgers-back

Rodgers haters in shambles. Can't wait for the crying when he comes back.

Sometimes you go way over the top.  I'm a Rodgers fan .. always have been.  That being said, Rodgers doesn't have his best games in the playoffs .. period.  This was another one where he doesn't throw to the open guy, he's looking for his guy Adams.  Look at Rodger's record when Adams isn't playing .. it's excellent .. that's because he's looking for the open player not his guy.  Dammit Rodgers, just look for the open guy and there'd probably be at least 2-3 more Super Bowl appearances!!   If Rodgers does come back, I truly hope he finally "gets" it and trusts who is on the field.

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sometimes you go way over the top.  I'm a Rodgers fan .. always have been.  That being said, Rodgers doesn't have his best games in the playoffs .. period.  This was another one where he doesn't throw to the open guy, he's looking for his guy Adams.  Look at Rodger's record when Adams isn't playing .. it's excellent .. that's because he's looking for the open player not his guy.  Dammit Rodgers, just look for the open guy and there'd probably be at least 2-3 more Super Bowl appearances!!   If Rodgers does come back, I truly hope he finally "gets" it and trusts who is on the field.

Never said he didn't play poorly. I can criticize players I like, something half this board struggles to do. What's over the top is the fantasy land trade scenarios Packers fans make up in their head to try and get a guy off their team no matter what. The last 2 years has made it increasingly clear Rodgers isn't going anywhere, and that right there is our head coach telling the media outright they will do everything they possibly can to keep him in a Packers uniform. Like I've been saying for weeks, the decision is entirely on Rodgers.

Edited by StatKing

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Never said he didn't play poorly. I can criticize players I like, something half this board struggles to do. What's over the top is the fantasy land trade scenarios Packers fans make up in their head to try and get a guy off their team no matter what. The last 2 years has made it increasingly clear Rodgers isn't going anywhere, and that right there is our head coach telling the media outright they will do everything they possibly can to keep him in a Packers uniform. Like I've been saying for weeks, the decision is entirely on Rodgers.

What's wrong with Packer fans doing their thing regarding if Rodgers stays or goes?  That's what this forum is for.  IMO nobody still knows what's going to happen with Rodgers .. nobody except Rodgers.  That's part of the fascinating upcoming "drama" to come.  Relax. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

What's wrong with Packer fans doing their thing regarding if Rodgers stays or goes?  That's what this forum is for.  IMO nobody still knows what's going to happen with Rodgers .. nobody except Rodgers.  That's part of the fascinating upcoming "drama" to come.  Relax. 

Because its clearly personal and nobody in their right mind would consider trading a guy who's about to win back to back MVPs except for delusional spoiled Packers fans. All signs the last 2 years have pointed to him staying, that right there is the coach outright saying EVERYONE in the organization wants him to stay yet. I don't know what else people need to see before they are willing to admit they were wrong.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Because its clearly personal and nobody in their right mind would consider trading a guy who's about to win back to back MVPs except for delusional spoiled Packers fans. All signs the last 2 years have pointed to him staying, that right there is the coach outright saying EVERYONE in the organization wants him to stay yet. I don't know what else people need to see before they are willing to admit they were wrong.

All signs?

Every sign?

Every single sign?

That's just blatantly lying.