The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Packers invested more into the TE position under Gute then what was used to draft George Kittle.  The Packers tried to sign OBJ, but he wanted to play for the Rams.  And exactly what did DeSean Jackson do for the Raiders?

Deguara was a massive reach, it doesnt matter what we invested in the position, if he can't beat out a 37 year old Lewis for a starter spot that's a problem. Once Tonyan went down our TE production was basically non existent. We could have signed literally anyone else, OBJ and Jackson are just the easiest examples I could think of off the top of my head. My point is we needed more versatile pass catchers period. Teams should not be able to double one guy and effectively shut down our offense. Everyone wants to point to the 3rd and 11 where Rodgers didn't even look Lazards way but thats one play. Its not like he was running wide open the entire game. We can't continue to trot guys out there that are limited in their ability to threaten a defense. The best teams in the league all have multiple guys who can do a variety of things, we have one guy and its been that way for 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Deguara was a massive reach, it doesnt matter what we invested in the position, if he can't beat out a 37 year old Lewis for a starter spot that's a problem. Once Tonyan went down our TE production was basically non existent. We could have signed literally anyone else, OBJ and Jackson are just the easiest examples I could think of off the top of my head. My point is we needed more versatile pass catchers period. Teams should not be able to double one guy and effectively shut down our offense. Everyone wants to point to the 3rd and 11 where Rodgers didn't even look Lazards way but thats one play. Its not like he was running wide open the entire game. We can't continue to trot guys out there that are limited in their ability to threaten a defense. The best teams in the league all have multiple guys who can do a variety of things, we have one guy and its been that way for 3 years. 

Marcedes Lewis is legitimately the only TE on the roster that does what he can do.

You know what’s really gonna suck?  The repeat of so many fans choosing their beloved QB over the team again and it being another insufferable media sh!tstorm. It’s gonna be Brent all over again.

If 12 had balled out in the playoffs, even if he fell short of another ring, there would still be a justifiable case to keep him next year. After last night’s egg, there is no case.  It’s time to move on. 

17 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm pretty sure it's not LaFleur's decision to throw the ball to a double covered Adams instead of a wide open Lazard or Jones.  There was a *lot* of that last night.  Rodgers wanted to be the hero throwing the ball to Davante and didn't look at anybody else most of the night.

Rodgers played worse and deserves all the blame.

But MLF, he made some worst decisions and he deserves all the blame as well. 

Changing the OLine positions was worst just before the game

ST’s are worst

Even if Rodgers hit WR there and they stop us for FG, there was no guarantee we convert it to FG. Because when he hit Aaron Jones, we didn’t hit the FG. 

Edited by Jaire_Island

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm pretty sure it's not LaFleur's decision to throw the ball to a double covered Adams instead of a wide open Lazard or Jones.  There was a *lot* of that last night.  Rodgers wanted to be the hero throwing the ball to Davante and didn't look at anybody else most of the night.

We did the same thing for 3 quarters, over and over.  Same plays, with same results.  Was MLF in Rodgers ear about other guys being open besides just forcing the ball to Adams?   We don't know.

Would we have crapped the bed with any head coach who pays ANY attention to special teams?   We can't block for a FG or Punt?  Those are two of the easiest things to do from a ST standpoint.  

We cannot give the organization a pass for yesterday's failure.   While Rodgers deserves blame, MFL was every bit as bad, if not worse.   Why in the world did we switch the OL around?    Kelly had no chance pass blocking the 49ers defense.   MLF blew it before the game started with the OL decisions and ST decisions. 

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

You know what’s really gonna suck?  The repeat of so many fans choosing their beloved QB over the team again and it being another insufferable media sh!tstorm. It’s gonna be Brent all over again.

If 12 had balled out in the playoffs, even if he fell short of another ring, there would still be a justifiable case to keep him next year. After last night’s egg, there is no case.  It’s time to move on. 

One bad playoff game doesn't invalidate the last two seasons. Lafleur clearly wants him to come back next year because he knows Rodgers offers us the best shot to win. No organization wants to go into a season knowing they have almost no chance of making the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Marcedes Lewis is legitimately the only TE on the roster that does what he can do.

You don't see that as a problem? The rest of the league spent the last 2 years loading up on weapons while we just stood pat. Everyone outside of GB knew we needed more dynamic playmakers and we did next to nothing to try and improve. All of our good players on offense were TT draft picks, not Gute picks. Dillon and Jenkins are the only guys he's drafted that have had any sort of impact on the offensive side of the ball, our OL is significantly worse than it was in 2020, and now we are looking at a situation where we have 1 WR under contract going into the offseason.

Edited by StatKing

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You don't see that as a problem? The rest of the league spent the last 2 years loading up on weapons while we just stood pat. Everyone outside of GB knew we needed more dynamic playmakers and we did next to nothing to try and improve. All of our good players on offense were TT draft picks, not Gute picks. Dillon and Jenkins are the only guys he's drafted that have had any sort of impact on the offensive side of the ball, our OL is significantly worse than it was in 2020, and now we are looking at a situation where we have 0 WRs under contract going into the offseason.

We had a top 10 offense but ZOMG we don't have enough playmakers.  I hate to burst your bubble, but we didn't lose the game against the 49ers because we lacked playmakers.

• Like 3

See, I am on the fence with Rodgers. If he comes back, great.  If he is traded or retired, different kind of great.  Both scenarios change quite a bit about what we do, or try to do moving forward.  I am ready to dig into some rebuild stuff.  But I don't know if it is sneaky work around stuff with Rodgers, or if it is flush it all away and be really bad for a year or maybe two with Love.  

9 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I still don't think the door is 100% closed on Rodgers coming back, but I sure don't feel as good as I did. 

The extent to which they went "all in" this year by pushing cap charges to next year to make this run means there's basically no way you keep Rodgers without losing everybody else.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

See, I am on the fence with Rodgers. If he comes back, great.  If he is traded or retired, different kind of great.  Both scenarios change quite a bit about what we do, or try to do moving forward.  I am ready to dig into some rebuild stuff.  But I don't know if it is sneaky work around stuff with Rodgers, or if it is flush it all away and be really bad for a year or maybe two with Love.  

Do a personal reboot and see if you feel better :)

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The extent to which they went "all in" this year by pushing cap charges to next year to make this run means there's basically no way you keep Rodgers without losing everybody else.

They still have the increase in 2023. I'm not saying it's 100% and I don't feel as confident as I once did, but stranger things have happened. I think they know there will be an overhaul, and yes Rodgers said he doesn't want to rebuild. I just don't think the door is 100% closed. Either way this will be a crazy off season.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You don't see that as a problem? The rest of the league spent the last 2 years loading up on weapons while we just stood pat. Everyone outside of GB knew we needed more dynamic playmakers and we did next to nothing to try and improve. All of our good players on offense were TT draft picks, not Gute picks. Dillon and Jenkins are the only guys he's drafted that have had any sort of impact on the offensive side of the ball, our OL is significantly worse than it was in 2020, and now we are looking at a situation where we have 1 WR under contract going into the offseason.

We have drafted defence for a long time, under both Gute and TT.  I'm assuming that if we move on from Rodgers then that changes. Bit harsh on the OL, given that our two best OL have been injured for the majority of the season. 

I don't have a problem with the all-in approach but I don't understand how the ST could happen. Either Gute or MLF have let everyone down in that regard depending on whether its coaching or personnel.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

We had a top 10 offense but ZOMG we don't have enough playmakers.  I hate to burst your bubble, but we didn't lose the game against the 49ers because we lacked playmakers.

We were a good offense statistically in the regular season. Cool. At this point what we do in the regular season is irrelevant, it's all about the playoffs and the last 3 years our offense has been stagnant against the best teams in the league. Rodgers played horrible, I wont excuse his play, but I watched Tom Brady put up 31 on us last year while also throwing 3 picks. That would never be a possibility for us.