The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody think this narcissist is going to retire? No chance, he wants to win a second Super Bowl SOMEWHERE else more than he did in Green Bay. 

I say, Denver it is! Here's what I want: This year's 1,2,2, next year's 1 and Patrick Surtain Jr. 

Good luck to you Denver. 

Gonna have to cut Smith and Smith for sure, plus a few others. Lewis, Crosby, Cobb would be my choices. Then you have to restructure Bak (which keeps him in GB 2 years instead of just this one) and Kenny C. 

Tag and trade Adams to Las Vegas. 

If GB can avoid restructuring Bahktiari contract, that would be best.   It feels like getting off that contract is going to be better than pushing it out further

• Like 4

It makes no sense with this guy. In 2010 he was fearlessly throwing darts between defenders in a Super Bowl win. He continued to do that countless times in regular seasons and it continued in the 2021 regular season. And physically he's as sharp as he's ever been. But come playoffs he just seems scared to release the football. Much like Tampa last year, he was double clutching, hesitating, and gun shy last night. There were people open on those eternity sacks he took. And when he did release his death grip on the ball he was throwing at receivers ankles. If he's releasing his death grip on the ball in under 3 seconds like they've game planned all year for this patchwork o-line, I'm not sure there are any sacks taken last night. He played scared and it simply makes no sense.

Everyone knows he would have played much better if the Packers had been down by 10 most of the game last night. That's when he's put up big numbers in playoff games - when the defense has forced him to let it fly. It's like he's useless if you give him a great defense. And how the eff do you win with that?

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If GB can avoid restructuring Bahktiari contract, that would be best.   It feels like getting off that contract is going to be better than pushing it out further

I get where you are coming from. I could agree with this if we can make everything else work. Getting a 3rd round comp pick for Adams has got to be off the table. 

Also, I don't think having Davante around with a new QB is a good thing. I don't want Love only having eyes for Davante. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

It makes no sense with this guy. In 2010 he was fearlessly throwing darts between defenders in a Super Bowl win. He continued to do that countless times in regular seasons and it continued in the 2021 regular season. And physically he's as sharp as he's ever been. But come playoffs he just seems scared to release the football. Much like Tampa last year, he was double clutching, hesitating, and gun shy last night. There were people open on those eternity sacks he took. And when he did release his death grip on the ball he was throwing at receivers ankles. If he's releasing his death grip on the ball in under 3 seconds like they've game planned all year for this patchwork o-line, I'm not sure there are any sacks taken last night. He played scared and it simply makes no sense.

Everyone knows he would have played much better if the Packers had been down by 10 most of the game last night. That's when he's put up big numbers in playoff games - when the defense has forced him to let it fly. It's like he's useless if you give him a great defense. And how the eff do you win with that?

The playoffs is where you make your legacy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I get where you are coming from. I could agree with this if we can make everything else work. Getting a 3rd round comp pick for Adams has got to be off the table. 

Also, I don't think having Davante around with a new QB is a good thing. I don't want Love only having eyes for Davante. 

Agreed. 

53ish days and some real rough decisions to be made

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The playoffs is where you make your legacy.

And his legacy is summed up as: underwhelming. He no longer has anyone to blame but himself. To go from fearlessly throwing the football every regular season to a passive QB afraid to make a mistake in playoffs games, is entirely on him. There's no way MLF game planned for average release to be 4 seconds with the line they threw out there last night.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And his legacy is summed up as: underwhelming. He no longer has anyone to blame but himself. To go from fearlessly throwing the football every regular season to a passive QB afraid to make a mistake in playoffs games, is entirely on him. There's no way MLF game planned for average release to be 4 seconds with the line they through out there last night.

Yup

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's time for us to accept that Rodgers will rightfully be labeled as the biggest choker in NFL history.

I think Peyton may have a worse Playoff record. May. Not sure.
Regardless, he's not gonna go unscathed after last nights performance. The STs meltdown will provide cover - but the failure to move the ball when it counted - thats where HOF reputations get made...or tarnished.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's time for us to accept that Rodgers will rightfully be labeled as the biggest choker in NFL history.

If someone wants to give up a couple firsts and seconds and a good player we need to jump on it.  The guy can't win a big game and it's only downhill for him from here in my opinion.  Packers need to be ruthless as well .. Tag Adams and trade him for a couple more picks.  If the Packers play their cards right they come out of this in another few years with a team that looks like it can contend for a decade.