The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

29 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Think acceptance is pretty easy at this point after seeing how Rodgers failed to even get to another SB these last 2 seasons. Could not have lined things up any better for him these past 2 years and it still didn't matter. Nothing more you can do

WIll go down as a top 10 QB all time but he will forever have a stain on his legacy with his 1-4 NFCCG record and being unable to even reach a SB despite being the 1 seed 3 separate times.

1 -2 in divisional round games as the #1 seed.  

29 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Ironic that the Packers prior HOF QB has his legacy tarnished by all the bozo INT's he threw in the playoffs to kill their chances while the next HOF QB's legacy will be tarnished for how much of a coward he was at making any sort of error. Was too scared to trust the other players so he tunneled in on Davante all game

I think people forget how great Favre was the 1st part of his career.  If he had not had to deal with the Dallas Dynasty, he would have had more rings.  Poor defense cost them the Super Bowl against Denver.  Favre was a great regular season QB most seasons too back when the rules didn't protect QBs as much (a Rodgers' injury even got a rule change). 

I don't picture Rodgers winning another Super Bowl anywhere, particularly here in Green Bay.  Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with Denver in a season that he was horrible in, so anything is possible, though.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Only 15-1 team to go one and done. Only team to win 13 games in 3 straight years and not make the SB. These gonna be part of Rodgers legacy

Great statistical regular season QB

Above average post season QB that had 1 successful run to a title aided by a top 2-3 defense

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PackersFan72 said:

I think people forget how great Favre was the 1st part of his career.  If he had not had to deal with the Dallas Dynasty, he would have had more rings.  Poor defense cost them the Super Bowl against Denver.  Favre was a great regular season QB most seasons too back when the rules didn't protect QBs as much (a Rodgers' injury even got a rule change). 

I don't picture Rodgers winning another Super Bowl anywhere, particularly here in Green Bay.  Peyton Manning won a Super Bowl with Denver in a season that he was horrible in, so anything is possible, though.

Yeah, no, you don't get to show up hungover to the SB and then say somebody else cost you something.

19 minutes ago, PackersFan72 said:

Rodgers facing those DAL teams would not have been pretty.  In fairness, Favre facing those DAL teams was not pretty either.

23 minutes ago, PackersFan72 said:

Denver was artful at holding during that game and taking out defenders on the backside.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers facing those DAL teams would not have been pretty.  In fairness, Favre facing those DAL teams was not pretty either.

Crazy that Favre had to get through a really great Dallas team in his early years.  Rodgers has had Seattle mini run, then a random team that pops up each year.  

It's time for Rodgers to move on.  

It's not because of last night or any political issues, but he's talking about retirement and deciding IF he wants to play.  

When that starts from a business perspective, it's time to move him.  Get something for him and move on.  

The Packers could still compete in our weak division with Jordan Love.  Probably not looking at a serious playoff run, but could be in the NFC North mix.

If he's talking about retirement, it's time.  All time great football player, wish he was 30 years old, but nows the time to trade him.  

I'll still be a Rodgers fan wherever he goes, but from an organizational perspective, it's time.  Find a great package and deal him.  

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Probably not looking at a serious playoff run,

Time to retire this narrative. You can have a serious playoff run with the Jimmy Garopolos of this world.

Moving on from Rodgers and his super buddies club will allow for an already deep core to become even more deep.

We're a contender if Love is Jimmy G level competent.

• Like 1