2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If he prices himself out, I'd be disappointed.  But I'd understand if we don't bring him back or he decides to leave. 
I still think they will franchise him and trade him if it comes down to it. I don't see him just walking away. 

If he wants to get a bag I wouldn't be mad at a tag and trade.

I like him and want him back but Simmons and AJ are gonna get a bag and that's where I would prioritize money.

Jrob is looking for that WR depth. How about Landry for Ridley. Reunite Landry with Arthur and Dean.

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

If he wants to get a bag I wouldn't be mad at a tag and trade.

I like him and want him back but Simmons and AJ are gonna get a bag and that's where I would prioritize money.

Jrob is looking for that WR depth. How about Landry for Ridley. Reunite Landry with Arthur and Dean.

I like that idea 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I've seen this floated more than once. Why would they think about cutting Bud? 

But yes. Find a way to make it work. 

Not cutting him this year. I’m talking about in the future when you have to pay guys like AJ and Simmons. Cutting him this year does nothing for the cap. We actually lose cap space. Next year, we would gain 10mil from cutting him. If it comes down to who I want between the two, it’s Landry. He’s homegrown, younger, and arguably been just as productive. I don’t think Landry has missed a game his whole career. They’re going to have to make some tough decisions because they’re screwed with the Tannehill contract. I’d love to see this DL together as long as possible. I think it’s arguably the best he best front 4 in all of football. Just going to be incredibly hard to keep everyone 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

The decision is obvious. You push all your chips in for this season. O-line is getting old, Henry is gonna be slowing down sooner rather than later more than likely, Tannehill probably ain't gonna be Brady or Rodgers and play well in his 40s, so he likely doesn't have long left either.

Our super bowl window is open right now. Give up whatever you have to in order to get there/give yourself the best shot of getting there.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll get Landry back.

This is going to sound extremely naive. Because even myself as a slave to the american work force...you chase the money

BUT...JRob/Vrabel has indeed built the cliche' "great culture" here. And guys like Byard, Henry, Lewan and Tanny have been rewarded appropriately for their play and that doesn't go unnoticed. The grass is not always greener on the other side...it rarely is...so I am hopeful Landry takes whatever could be considered a "hometown discount".

16 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Is there any world where Tannehill comes forth and offers to rework his contract and sacrifice money in exchange for wrangling more weapons to go all in on winning one?

I love the visual of a drunk Tannehill barging into JRob's office saying

"I DON'T CARE HOW LITTLE I MAKE NEXT SEASON. GO GET ME MORE WRs WHO CAN BLOCK DOWNFIELD AND THE MOST UNATHLETIC TEs YOU CAN FIND!!!"

• Like 1

If he were to come back from what ever he is coming back from personally would you take a flyer? 

I wouldn’t hate Butler back, I love his style of play but I think I would like to see who else we could possibly get before we go after Butler 

But definitely need a veteran CB 

Hope we keep good CB depth again this year

Skrine is a guy who definitely should be brought back to compete for a role 

wouldn't love gesicki here. he's not a true TE- we'd be paying a lot of money for a better version of anthony firkser, a big slot WR. and that's an upgrade no doubt, but not one that helps solve our explosive play problem *or* our tight end problem.

25 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

wouldn't love gesicki here. he's not a true TE- we'd be paying a lot of money for a better version of anthony firkser, a big slot WR. and that's an upgrade no doubt, but not one that helps solve our explosive play problem *or* our tight end problem.

With Kelly coming over as passing game coordinator, the possibility exists that we're gonna see a change to our passing philosophy, which could potentially mean better use of someone like Gesicki, and we can resign Pruitt(assuming he returns to full health) or find some other blocking tight end to make sure our run game doesn't suffer.

I'm not entirely sure I've ever understood the lack of explosive play makers issue. AJ Brown is one of the best play makers at the position, Henry can take dump offs or screens and turn them in big games really well, and if Julio is healthy(which is admittedly a big if), he's one of the best downfield receivers in the game.

I feel like we're mixing up "explosive playmaker" with "a guy who runs a 4.3/4.2", which while a guy like that would be nice to have, not having it doesn't reduce our ability to make big plays, and it's pretty difficult to find a guy that fast who also can do other things well. Like the Chiefs are often mentioned as a team we should try replicating in that regard, but all they've got there in that regard is Tyreek Hill. Hardman is super fast, but that accomplishes nothing if Hill and Kelce aren't on the field producing. That's the biggest complaint I read from Chiefs fans regarding their offense when it slumped at numerous times this season. They had nothing behind Hill and Kelce, and if those guys weren't producing(or if they were injured), then nothing was getting accomplished on offense.

You're much better off having a receiving corp of playmakers than one full of dudes who can just run fast.

I think if we can find a dude who has some great speed in FA for a decent deal or in the middle of the draft to come in and be our #3 receiver that'd be cool, but realistically he's only gonna be like the 5th option at best on offense(in terms of who we're gonna be drawing up plays for/focusing on) in a world where we also signed Gesicki, behind Brown/Julio/Henry/Gesicki(you can play with the order there obviously, just in some order those guys would be ahead of the fast dude we draft or sign).