2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I know releasing Julio saves almost $10 milly. But can you really release him when you gave up what an 2 this year and an 4th next year. You gotta hold on to him, 

If not you really have  BIG hole at Wr opposed to having a small hole for a reliable 2b-ish Wr. 

If there is one FA TE target I'd keep an eye on it would be OJ Howard. I remember we spent a lot of time with him in the pre draft process, and I was pretty confident that we were going to draft him when we ended up drafting Adoree. Not sure what kind of money he'd command, but I feel like there's a lot of untapped potential there.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Schultz is my top guy. Not going to stretch the field but he can block, catch, get open, etc. Sign him and still draft another one.

I like Schultz too, I just think he and Gesicki are going to be the highest paid of this tight end class and outside of our price range. I think teams like the Jags, Chargers, maybe even the Colts are going to pay top dollar for either one of those guys.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I know releasing Julio saves almost $10 milly. But can you really release him when you gave up what an 2 this year and an 4th next year. You gotta hold on to him, 

If not you really have  BIG hole at Wr opposed to having a small hole for a reliable 2b-ish Wr. 

Yeah, I just don’t see a way that he’s not back. All it does is open up another hole when we already need to add two pass catchers this offseason.

Though it is a relatively interesting WR FA class. 

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I just don’t see a way that he’s not back. All it does is open up another hole when we already need to add two pass catchers this offseason.

Though it is a relatively interesting WR FA class. 

Yeah but those FAs are going to break the bank. Exceeding Corey Davis' deal by a long way. 

12 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It sucks to look at it that way. But at the same time you have to look at what is best for the team. We tried to make something happen, and it doesn't look like it was the right move.

Sure it may create a hole to cut him. But there might be a hole if we don't cut him. Dude played in 7 games this year and left at least two half way through. 

I want Julio here and I want him to play. I just struggle to find that being a reality the older he gets. Just seems like more risky to bet on counting him than replacing the hole he creates.

I want young talent that comes through the draft. I want speed. We need a change of mindset on offense. In a world where you can expect to get your best asset mitigated in the playoffs, we need to be more versatile on offense.

I think we retool the pass catchers like we did the defense this last year.

Big emphasis on TE, WR this off-season. Mix of young guys and sneaky free agent acquisitions. 

The organization recognized the issue last year with the defense. And made changes accordingly.

With the hiring of Kelly and his new position name, it looks like they are recognizing that the pass game is clearly the reason we stalled out.

These last three drafts have been packed with playmaking WRs. Go get one in the first.