2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The Texans offense was good when they had talent under Kelly and even when they didn’t, he had a third-round rookie looking like an NFL QB with a bad supporting cast. He’s unquestionably gotten more out of what he’s been given than Downing has at either stop.

• Like 1

I don’t think Kelly is a world beater or anything but this is welcomed news. A new voice on offense was desperately needed. We couldn’t run back the exact same offensive staff and personnel.

The way Vrabel goes about making staff changes is somewhat bizarre but he doesn’t ignore when a change is needed. As stubborn as he is at times, he’s not on the Mularkey level of stubbornness.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Guessing he’s going to want a better sounding job title than Schwartz. Passing game coordinator or assistant head coach worked into it somewhere. Too young to be taking a senior advisor title. 

this is such a funny tweet because we literally have no idea to this day what jim schwartz's role with the defense is

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Guessing he’s going to want a better sounding job title than Schwartz. Passing game coordinator or assistant head coach worked into it somewhere. Too young to be taking a senior advisor title. 

I think he could be calling plays by mid season lol 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is such a funny tweet because we literally have no idea to this day what jim schwartz's role with the defense is

The most common assumption is that he had heavy involvement in prep and game plan building right? I’d expect Kelly to have a more hands-on role, but hopefully with a good deal of say in the actual game plan.

He’s young and competent, can’t imagine he’d come here if he was just stuck under Downing.

Did some quick digging.. I’ve seeing that Kelly wasn’t all that good with run design. We all know our run game is good so adding his passing element makes a lot of sense. Our passing game is hella elementary.. Maybe he takes full control after next season, or maybe even after the pro bowl lol.