2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

that does not actually explain his specific responsibilities at all lol. they were pretty intentionally vague about it all season

best guess, like @titans0021 said, is gameplanning and prep. and i'm sure that's part of it. but to what degree? who knows. 

Edited by -Hope-

37 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that does not actually explain his specific responsibilities at all lol. they were pretty intentionally vague about it all season

best guess, like @titans0021 said, is gameplanning and prep. and i'm sure that's part of it. but to what degree? who knows. 

i know, i was just sharing a tweet

but it's funny when even journalists have no idea, and then you read folks on here who are apparently certain that schwartz did EVERYTHING

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

i know, i was just sharing a tweet

but it's funny when even journalists have no idea, and then you read folks on here who are apparently certain that schwartz did EVERYTHING

Context clues lead you to the answer. Bowen obviously called plays, and Schwartz obviously had a big impact on game planning/scheme given the gigantic shift made in defensive philosophy that matches Schwartz's scheme.

• Like 1

If you can’t see how Schwartz helped the defense, then idk what to tell you. You can clearly see staples of his defense(stunts, not a lot of blitzing, etc.). We didn’t do a lot of stunting last year and we blitzed a lot more. Are we to believe that suddenly Bowen and Vrabel know what they’re doing when it comes to defense? Some of you just hate Schwartz for some reason but he’s coached some of our best defenses that this franchise has ever seen. I don’t need to know his day to day activities or how much involvement he has when you can clearly see it when you watch the defense. He doesn’t do everything but I can guarantee you, he’s got a major part in the turnaround of this defense. If we lose him, the defense probably takes a step back.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If you can’t see how Schwartz helped the defense, then idk what to tell you. You can clearly see staples of his defense(stunts, not a lot of blitzing, etc.). We didn’t do a lot of stunting last year and we blitzed a lot more. Are we to believe that suddenly Bowen and Vrabel know what they’re doing when it comes to defense? Some of you just hate Schwartz for some reason but he’s coached some of our best defenses that this franchise has ever seen. I don’t need to know his day to day activities or how much involvement he has when you can clearly see it when you watch the defense. He doesn’t do everything but I can guarantee you, he’s got a major part in the turnaround of this defense. If we lose him, the defense probably takes a step back.

Who said Schwartz didn’t help the defense?

• Like 2

I will say, I’m very happy with the Kelly hire

will he set the world on fire? Probably not.

but is he a more than capable offensive mind and ran some exciting offenses (albeit with an MVP type qb)? Yes

at the very least, it shows that we are acknowledging a big issue and looking to fix it. Identical in intent to the Schwartz hire, hoping for the same turnaround 

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I will say, I’m very happy with the Kelly hire

will he set the world on fire? Probably not.

but is he a more than capable offensive mind and ran some exciting offenses (albeit with an MVP type qb)? Yes

at the very least, it shows that we are acknowledging a big issue and looking to fix it. Identical in intent to the Schwartz hire, hoping for the same turnaround 

This is why it makes me so happy. Good team in good hands. So long as they are recognizing where problems are and making attempts to fix them.

20 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Who is hating Schwartz?  I don't think anyone wants him to go. I'd be fine if he took the DC job from Bowen.