2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

18 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

No one is. He just gets really triggered if anyone says Bowen did a good job this year.

That’s where you’re wrong unlike you and your Tannehill/Mariota/Locker lovefest over the years. No one said he’s being hated for but when you see smartass comments like “some fans on here think he does everything”, it’s just ridiculous. Are we going to act like Bowen is some stud coordinator all of a sudden? Dude had the same exact personnel practically as Pees did the year before and had one of the worst in history defenses in history. I gave Bowen credit for his playcalling this year but I’m also not blind to Schwartz impact. Vrabel will never say his exact role or how involved he is but look at the scheme and common sense would tell you, he’s heavily involved.

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Downing's run game designs were really good most of the season, so if Kelly can bring some innovation to the passing game it'll be a nice fit.

That's true. He somehow made the pitch play that has never ever worked in Titans history, work.😄

I'm very happy bringing in Tim Kelly to assist with our passing game. The Texans had no business being competitive with the QB situation they had, and the Texans had Davis Mills at the very least showing himself to be a viable borderline QB a la Heinecke, Minshew, etc. 

I like what Vrabel did in bringing him in, and I look forward to seeing how this can help improve our passing game, especially when we can get some actual help behind AJ Brown and Julio in the pass game. 

Finally ready to turn the page from 2021 to the 2022 season 

Free Agency isn’t going to be a big thing the Titans will be involved in this year 

A lot of the excitement will be trying to resign our own guys and extend our own guys 

But I think we all agree the one position group we will be linked to is TE’s

So which TE are you truly hoping we get?

I know Gesicki is the biggest name or at least the guy who will get paid the most 

So are you guys wanting Gesicki? 

The list is pretty deep 

Mike Gesicki

Dalton Schultz 

Rob Gronkowski

David Njoku

Zach Ertz

Gerald Everett

Evan Engram

Maxx Williams

Mo Alie-Cox

OJ Howard

Anthony Firkser

Im ready to move on from Firk

I think the way I would want to go is sign a free agent, keep Swaim, draft a TE, and maybe bring Pruitt back if he can get healthy and have him and Hudson battle it out for the 4th spot 

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We took a few UDFA tight ends that are blockers, so I don’t know if we need Swaim again. If it’s up to me, re-sign Pruitt, and another guy who won’t break the bank, then draft one of these great TEs this year.

It’s a really good TE class.

My only worry about Pruitt is he’s going to be coming back from a nasty ankle injury 

Not that he’s Kelce the way he runs but we just don’t know how he’ll be after the recovery 

Just now, Daniel said:

We took a few UDFA tight ends that are blockers, so I don’t know if we need Swaim again. If it’s up to me, re-sign Pruitt, and another guy who won’t break the bank, then draft one of these great TEs this year.

It’s a really good TE class.

They had Tommy Hudson and Briley Moore.( The UDFA's)

Pruitt coming off a broken leg, that looked pretty bad. I wouldn't bank on him. He was a late add and for whatever reason, I don't think they see him much more than TE3/4. 

I'd do some funny math and try to land a good mid-price TE that has some wiggle and doesn't suck at blocking in FA and draft one in the 3rd/4th round that is crazy athletic. 

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Injury is a good point.

Who would yall like to go after if we can't re-sign Landry, and suddenly find ourselves with the ammo to go after another big name?

I think Landry is coming back

For J-Rob and Landry both mention it already I think it will happen

If for what ever reason he isnt back, Weaver would be the next man up and then they would sign a veteran most likely

So names like Melvin Ingram or Justin Houston would be the names and price range if Landry walks