2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

49 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

You gotta feel we are making a push for Gronk. He really fits perfectly for us.

I feel like it will be hard to convince him not to go play with Tom, but damn to me that would be a splash win signing for us. More leadership, big target, great blocker.

Gronk. Fill guard and tackle depth. Vet CB. Draft WR in first or drop to second. That's a win off-season.

I seriously doubt gronk will entertain us he simply came out of retirement to play with Tom Brady in sunny tax free ST of Florida. Don’t get your hopes up with a guy who’s financially set let him tell it never spent any of his signing bonus money. Gronk at this point won’t play for a QB that he has to learn to play with & I say all of this because damn it I want him or Howard badly 😮💨🤣🤣

I said it a few weeks ago, but I really think OJ Howard is going to be our top TE target. We seemed really interested in him coming out in the draft, and I think it was down to him or Adoree for that 18th pick. He's had trouble with injuries in Tampa, but he has all the tools to fit in perfectly with our offense if he can stay healthy. JRob/Vrabs already did a ton of work on his character in the pre draft process, and I think that's an important piece of the puzzle for us.

2 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I said it a few weeks ago, but I really think OJ Howard is going to be our top TE target. We seemed really interested in him coming out in the draft, and I think it was down to him or Adoree for that 18th pick. He's had trouble with injuries in Tampa, but he has all the tools to fit in perfectly with our offense if he can stay healthy. JRob/Vrabs already did a ton of work on his character in the pre draft process, and I think that's an important piece of the puzzle for us.

Howard is who I'm hoping for at TE. Grab a mid-round rookie and maybe sign another UDFA and I think we'll be good there.

59 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Because in general, giving up on rookies after a rookie season is premature?

nobody is saying to give up on Dez

I just don't see how it's sensible to bank on him becoming a contributor

here's the real point...guys like Dez, NWI, Chester shouldn't be looked at to be contributors. They're mediocre players even on their best days. And that's fine. AJ Browns don't grow on trees. But we need legit #2/#3 weapons, none of which Dez/NWI/Chester/Racey/etc are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

nobody is saying to give up on Dez

I just don't see how it's sensible to bank on him becoming a contributor

here's the real point...guys like Dez, NWI, Chester shouldn't be looked at to be contributors. They're mediocre players even on their best days. And that's fine. AJ Browns don't grow on trees. But we need legit #2/#3 weapons, none of which Dez/NWI/Chester/Racey/etc are.

And I'm not saying any of them need to be a legit No. 2.  But in this class, with a trade down, a rookie easily can be.  But I think it's reasonable to expect an improved WR corps from last year as is, and if we invest in TE like we should, then that's another receiving option.

Add in another early pick on a rookie WR and that is a significant improvement over last year already.