Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants plan on bringing back Daniel Jones and head coach Joe Judge for the 2022 season.

Jones has already been shut down for the year because of a neck issue and his team is playing the final three games of the year with no motivation as the Giants are already out of playoff contention. Jones failed to make much progress as a passer while dealing with a rotating group of receivers and multiple injuries. He appears to be a lost cause but the Giants likely want to evaluate him under better circumstances to be sure. Judge now sits at 10-20 as New York's head coach and his team was just as disappointing this year as they were in 2020. He enters 2022 on the hottest seat of any coach. A sluggish start to the season will likely spell the end of his tenure.

If Schefter is right this is fantastic news for us as it takes the only team in a bigger market out the race for a new HC.

• Like 1

Watching the Pats-Bills game right now and interesting words from Bill Belichick on Brian Daboll where he explained that Daboll is really smart and could basically coach any position in football...that is a pretty rare quality and as a HC something that would be very important and no doubt often overlooked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Watching the Pats-Bills game right now and interesting words from Bill Belichick on Brian Daboll where he explained that Daboll is really smart and could basically coach any position in football...that is a pretty rare quality and as a HC something that would be very important and no doubt often overlooked.

not sure if it's over exposure of looking at daboll as the next guy, but sometimes his play calling just seems... off. i also don't watch a ton of bills games, but what's going on with their running game?

4 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Josh Johnson having a good game today, maybe it's time to dig a little deeper into Roman.

i've heard from a couple different places that the ravens would love for roman to get poached to go somewhere else - that he is actually holding the offense back a little bit by being a "my way or the highway" kinda coach

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

not sure if it's over exposure of looking at daboll as the next guy, but sometimes his play calling just seems... off. i also don't watch a ton of bills games, but what's going on with their running game?

Neither Moss or Singletary are all that good. Today he had a somewhat balanced attack though and that was nice to see

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i've heard from a couple different places that the ravens would love for roman to get poached to go somewhere else - that he is actually holding the offense back a little bit by being a "my way or the highway" kinda coach

I haven't seen those. Have any links or anything?

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Their running game is Allen...they make no bones about it...I think it is a combination of not having a ton of talent at RB and that Allen is built like Dante Culpepper and has that mind set of "I am a bigger human than that DB even if I am a QB" but is faster...he seeks contact and is happy to take guys on...

I question the play calling as well but as I pointed out a few weeks ago...look at the results...against the #1 scoring D in all of football they just put up 33 points and are averaging over 28 points per game...11 more points per game than we currently are...I can't think of any of us who wouldn't bite your hand off for that.

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I heard that he is a control freak and wants involved in every aspect of the game...can't be like that as a head coach.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I heard that he is a control freak and wants involved in every aspect of the game...can't be like that as a head coach.

As long as he can develop Fields he can name himself HC, Ast HC, OC, DC, STC, and back up QB. Put his chubby faxe all over the Bears' coaching staff page. IDGAD. lol

If Bears don’t fire Nagy today to take advantage of NFL rules they are morons.

They already are because they kept a lame duck GM and HC in a rebuild year and with new rule in place they have no GM in place to pick a new HC in new NFL window for coaching search.  

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

As long as he can develop Fields he can name himself HC, Ast HC, OC, DC, STC, and back up QB. Put his chubby faxe all over the Bears' coaching staff page. IDGAD. lol

Agreed.

We all have our favorites amongst the candidates, but as long as we end up with a candidate from the list (meaning no “We’re smarter than everyone” Trestman-like hires) and that results (either in the HC themself or the staff they bring in) in someone who can and hopefully will properly develop Fields and help maximize his potential then I’m fine with it. Give me someone who’s a true believer in Fields and his potential, not someone paying lip service to it because they know they have to show it to get the job. Whether that’s Daboll, Roman, Harbaugh, Bowles. Caldwell, Pedersen, Day, etc. is less relevant to me because I’m not the one doing the interviews. It’s not like any of them is known commodity as the next Bill Walsh. Just get it right, whoever that is. 

Give me more reason for hope and optimism going into 2022. It’s not a big ask. 

• Like 1