What’s the best package we could get for Rodgers?

fattlipp

I heard it from very good sauces that Tannehill is getting traded to the Washington Team for their 1st rounder #11 and their 2nd rounder #42 in 2022. They will send those pick to Green Bay plus their own orginal 1st rounder, pick #26, plus Jeffery Simmons for Aaron 'freaking' Rodgers. We are pushing to get Amani Hooker included in the deal too. 

12 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

They have some draft capital but not enough to satisfy the Packers in 2022. Theyd have to give up 2023 and 2024 1st rounders also which I doubt they do

You want to argue that Tennessee has more draft capital then Pittsburgh?

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I heard it from very good sauces that Tannehill is getting traded to the Washington Team for their 1st rounder #11 and their 2nd rounder #42 in 2022. They will send those pick to Green Bay plus their own orginal 1st rounder, pick #26, plus Jeffery Simmons for Aaron 'freaking' Rodgers. We are pushing to get Amani Hooker included in the deal too. 

that would be a nice package

pick 11
pick 26
pick 42
Jeffery Simmons

Gotta say that is a joke

25 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Yeah. But moving him to the highest bidder is probably still better than just letting him walk next season for free.

Yeah .. I don't get the point in passing up really good draft picks/players for one more year of Aaron as the starting QB.  If you could get a three year commitment from Aaron it makes a lot more sense, but one more isn't worth it.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. I don't get the point in passing up really good draft picks/players for one more year of Aaron as the starting QB.  If you could get a three year commitment from Aaron it makes a lot more sense, but one more isn't worth it.

What good is a 3 year commitment at this point when his word clearly doesn't mean anything?

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What good is a 3 year commitment at this point when his word clearly doesn't mean anything?

Yeah, that would have been my next line.   He just doesn't seem like a guy who is in this for the long haul. He's been contemplating retirement for two years now.  Deal the guy for the best haul possible and move on. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, that would have been my next line.   He just doesn't seem like a guy who is in this for the long haul. He's been contemplating retirement for two years now.  Deal the guy for the best haul possible and move on. 

Agreed.

Management seems to be bending over backwards to get him back but I just don't understand what the thinking is here. Rodgers is not guaranteed to stay here long term even if he does extend. Our team is going to lose some critical pieces and unlikely to be as good as they were last season. And even if we somehow were that good, there is no guarantee that we go far in the playoffs.

Or it could just be that management is posturing because that is the best way to 'court' Rodgers, even though we technically have him under contract. Or maybe it is to make sure that it does not affect his price in a trade. The whole thing leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. Even if we were to win the SB next year, I have lost a lot of respect for Rodgers as a person over the last few years. Not that he cares what I think. Or anyone else thinks for that matter.

5 hours ago, squire12 said:

that would be a nice package

pick 11
pick 26
pick 42
Jeffery Simmons

Gotta say that is a joke

Agree, but #11, #42 and 2023 2nd and Simmons?  Not the 'bounty' some think we'll get,but....

I vote yes.

Simmons next to Clark is dominant.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Agree, but #11, #42 and 2023 2nd and Simmons?  Not the 'bounty' some think we'll get,but....

I vote yes.

Simmons next to Clark is dominant.

Simmons is equivalent to at least 2 late 1st for me. I'm not sure there's another player in the league I'd rather have for this team TBH.

• Like 2