Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The “Harbaugh serious, MN intrigued.” line from Bacon’s tweet is what I find the most interesting. 

That wording makes it sound like Harbaugh is trying to sell himself to the Vikings, rather than the Vikings trying to lure Harbaugh back into the NFL. 

Playing hard to get.  I like it

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Norm Van Brocklin...
Bud Grant...
Les Steckel...
Jerry Burns...
Dennis Green...
Mike Tice...
Brad Childress...
Leslie Frazier...
Mike Zimmer...

what do all these MINN head coaches have in common, career wise...? None of them were ever NFL head coaches before becoming one with the Vikings. Only Grant had head coaching experience, in the CFL.

If we go with Harbaugh, he breaks that trend.

Just a long as he breaks the trend of never winning a super bowl

• Like 2

KAM would have been in 49er land Harbaugh's last year right?  So he would have seen how that all went down?  If he's comfortable with working with him I'd say go for it. 

If they do their due diligence on Harbaugh and decide to go with one of the Rams coordinators, id be fine too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

If they do their due diligence on Harbaugh and decide to go with one of the Rams coordinators, id be fine too. 

I’m to this point to, I honestly don’t hate any of these hires. I still prefer KO. But I don’t think Morris or Jim would be a bad hire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m to this point to, I honestly don’t hate any of these hires. I still prefer KO. But I don’t think Morris or Jim would be a bad hire.

I think this is where most logically thinking people are at. 

O’Connell would be my choice, followed by Morris. But Harbaugh’s résumé can’t be ignored. 

Regardless of who the choice is, grab an axe and burn the boats!

• Like 4

Right now I like KOC > Morris > Harbaugh but it's hard to not be intrigued by Harbaugh and his track record, plus the potential coordinators he brings in. I just feel like it could be a huge media circus too. Plus I'd rather just have a younger coach. 

11 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Still just bad optics. 

I don't think that's really bad optics.  Most people didn't realize it even was signing day.  It may turn off someone that may have still been considering Michigan, but it doesn't look like anyone even was.

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

What would have been your ideal scenario this offseason? It seems you've been lukewarm to not interested in every candidate for every position so far.

I'm good with KAM. I like an analytics approach.

Harbaugh feels like a win now coach. Which is counter intuitive to my acceptance. This team isn't a win now team. The pieces aren't there.

This team needs a full rebuild, and it starts with 8. KAM is the guy to get that done when he decides to pull the trigger. Harbaugh is the coach to guide the culture, and new crop of talent. I wanted Flores, but he is dead set on working with Watson.

Starting the rebuild with KAM ASAP would really make me happy tbh.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Just a long as he breaks the trend of never winning a super bowl

What is the other trend amongst almost all those coaches?  After leaving the Vikings, they never got another head coaching job either.  Denny and Norm Van Brocklin were the only ones that did.  Bud Grant and Jerry Burns retired.  

This team does not need a full rebuild. This team can win now and set the stage for the future. The idea that we are in a similar position as the Texans or Jags is ridiculous.

Harbaugh is 58. He wants a Super Bowl. He isn't going to a team that needs a full rebuild. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I'm good with KAM. I like an analytics approach.

Harbaugh feels like a win now coach. Which is counter intuitive to my acceptance. This team isn't a win now team. The pieces aren't there.

This team needs a full rebuild, and it starts with 8. KAM is the guy to get that done when he decides to pull the trigger. Harbaugh is the coach to guide the culture, and new crop of talent. I wanted Flores, but he is dead set on working with Watson.

Starting the rebuild with KAM ASAP would really make me happy tbh.

Cool, thanks! I just wasn't sure what you were looking for outside of moving on from Cousins. I don't think they need a full rebuild - they just can't build the rest of the roster up enough on the Cousins contract, and I don't see him ever going fully team friendly.

• Like 1