3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

ok, so we're looking at these traits as highly desirable in a HC:

• motivational
  • communicative
  • collaborative
  • flexible/adaptable
  • brilliant/innovative

who's got that kind of stuff?

That would be DeMeco Ryans and Raheem Morris.

The Vikings have posted 

43 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

profootballnetwork.com

The Jaguars will now interview Nathaniel Hackett for a second time after talks with Byron Leftwich seem to have hit a snag.

Zero interest in hiring a Packers coach as HC, and I feel most fans agree. I like the other options much better. Hackett is my last choice of the nine we've interviewed and it looks like he'll be hired by another team anyways. 

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

Great news!  This only helps the chances for us getting DeMeco Ryans!!

as does this:

The Chicago Bears have completed their second interviews with Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus and Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for their head coaching vacancies.

The Bears had a second interview with Jim Caldwell for the position on Tuesday after the team officially hired Ryan Poles as their new General Manager. Poles has now interviewed all three as a part of their search for a replacement for Matt Nagy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/27/bears-complete-second-interviews-with-matt-eberflus-dan-quinn/

Da Bears, other than hiring a young man as GM, are really taking an old school, traditional approach to their personnel.

I like our modern, progressive approach better.

Edited by vike daddy

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yes, it certainly does.

Paton maneuvering to go all in, it appears.

I think that's a long term mistake, but in a division with Derek Carr is the worst opposing QB, they have to have a star. But I don't think Rodgers has the Manning effect on the Broncos. Plus he mortgages their future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

so do coaches link because of agents?

Yes, it's fairly common. Unfortunately, we don't often know who their agents are, so it's hard to link them.  I think Zimmer shared agents with some of the guys he hired in the past.

As far as Hackett goes, he wasn't all that high on my list either, but that's probably more based on bias towards his dad, since I know little about him.  I was never a fan of Paul Hackett.  🤣