Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

I don't want to get too excited. 

Its silly, but I got super excited about the idea of signing TJ Houshmanzadeh back in 2009. Even though he would've just been a 3rd WR for us, I really wanted him to come to Minnesota. He didn't, and it was crushing.

I don't want to get Housh'd.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its silly, but I got super excited about the idea of signing TJ Houshmanzadeh back in 2009. Even though he would've just been a 3rd WR for us, I really wanted him to come to Minnesota. He didn't, and it was crushing.

I remember that and it ended up being a blessing for us that he didn’t sign because he fell off really quickly after that and it really would’ve messed with our cap.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The NFL game has changed, has Harbaugh changed to meet the demands?

He definitely has run a run heavy scheme in a lot of the places he has been, but I believe an argument can be made that he ran systems that worked with the personnel he had. San Fran was a team set up to be prominent with the run, especially when Kaepernick was the QB. I can’t speak as much for Michigan because I don’t follow college as much as I do in the NFL, but a big part of team building in college is recruiting and maybe the players they help there didn’t fit a pass heavy scheme. We did see him put together a good pass offense with Luck at Stanford while also still maintaining a strong ground game. One of the things I took from the Boone podcast was that he is able and willing to change philosophy and play calling based on the situation and the personnel, so I’d have to expect that an offensive coach with a QB background would want to utilize the pass game if he can, and a head coach with his experience would be willing to adapt. It’s been a while since he has been in the NFL and he very well could be bringing a different style of offense given the tools he has available. I know that is my hope with whatever coach we bring in, that we have a more dynamic pass offense that highlights our stars.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And what exactly are you trying to discuss? 

I generally respect your takes on most things Vikings related. I’m trying to better understand your apparent trepidation with the Vikings deciding on Harbaugh after being enamored with the guy they hired to make that decision.

36 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I will literally be super bummed out if we don’t get Harbaugh. Haven’t been this excited in a long time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

At 58, Jim probably has at most 5-7 years left until he retires, right? Not many coaches last longer than that from what I recall...

I mean that’s not really hugely relevant. One shouldn't think of longevity in the position, when it’s far more important to discuss how good he is (will become) & if he can hold that peak for “3 years”.

That’ll be more than worth it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Get excited. If Rodgers leaves and Harbaugh truly comes to Minnesota you guys will win atleast 11 games next year if not more.

• Like 2