Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

Just now, Ripline said:

Wonder what Harbaugh disliked about the vikes so much that he return to MI!

Much, much more likely that Vikings turned him down. He wouldn’t have come here and damage his recruiting position if he wasn’t planning on taking the job if offered

• Like 1

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I guess I want Morris now, but I’m bummed.

My thoughts too. Morris seems like the best bet of a completely unsatisfying coaching search. O’Connell is somewhat intriguing based on what McVay has said but I struggle with going the McVay tree.

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is awesome you do it for a living, but again I do not think winning the suit matters, it is the attention it brings and it takes big time character to stick his neck out like he did and help bring the issue to light.

As for character, I still value the character he has shown in doing what he did.  The dude also grew up in poverty as a child, pretty sure Jim Harbaugh did not, so Brian Flores also has that completely different life experience which was most likely far more difficult and challenging in almost every way.  

Then why didn't he do it after the alleged Broncos interview? Why didn't he do it right after his owner asked him to throw games? Because he was still going to get paid. That's why. Some would say that true character is shown when you have something to lose and not when you've already lost it. 

I grew up in poverty. It can be a great character builder. But I've also worked with some wonderful people who never had to want for anything. Harbaugh is moot now. That still doesn't mean Flores was the right guy for the Vikings job. In fact, the fact they didn't even interview him suggests they never thought he was.

Believe me, I agree that the NFL hiring practices need some massive overhaul, and that minorities are severely under represented, but this lawsuit isn't actually likely to bring about much material change. What it will do is change Flores' bank account if his team didn't take it on a contingent basis.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Then why didn't he do it after the alleged Broncos interview? Why didn't he do it right after his owner asked him to throw games? Because he was still going to get paid. That's why. Some would say that true character is shown when you have something to lose and not when you've already lost it. 

I grew up in poverty. It can be a great character builder. But I've also worked with some wonderful people who never had to want for anything. Harbaugh is moot now. That still doesn't mean Flores was the right guy for the Vikings job. In fact, the fact they didn't even interview him suggests they never thought he was.

Believe me, I agree that the NFL hiring practices need some massive overhaul, and that minorities are severely under represented, but this lawsuit isn't actually likely to bring about much material change. What it will do is change Flores' bank account if his team didn't take it on a contingent basis.

I assume the tipping point was the proof Bill Belichick sent a text message to the wrong Brian, proof that there is a back way of communication in the NFL and showing that processes are already final before they have ever started.  Brian Flores already lost the HC job before he was even interviewed.  

He did not bring it up because it was not a pattern yet, sure being fired helped but how is it not legally an issue when your owner pays you to lose, pretty easy to provide proof of that one.  Obviously Flores did not get along with that owner and apparently that was a lot of the issue, him not playing Tua or him not losing enough in the end of the season to get a higher draft pick.

I am not sad they did not get Harbaugh what so ever, he is not the dream coach for this organization what so ever.  

I respect Brian Flores and it is the Vikings loss to not even interview the guy and clearly people not only interview people that look like them, they also interview people they worked with because they 'know' them.  That is all Kwesi is doing currently it seems, interview guys he has worked with in the past and that is kind of sad.  Hopefully a lot of that is just he is still new to the position, freaking broaden net a bit.