Wild Take : Hunter Renfrow is a top 15 WR?

GHARMON9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilRW-EtByKA

I didn't know he was that nasty.  Does he have an argument for a top Top 15 spot? 20?

D.Adams, J. Jefferson, J. Chase, C. Kupp , D. Samuel, T. Hill.  are the top 6 WRs of 2021 IMO. Hard to argue against them

Then you have a bunch of WRs fighting for 7-15, including Renfrow.

•  D. Hopkins -ARZ
  • D. Johnson - PIT
  • K. Allen - LAC
  • M. Evans - TB
  • T. Mclaurin - WFT
  • M. Williams - LAC
  • T. Lockett - SEA
  • D.K. Metcalf _SAE
  • C. Godwin _TB
  • C.J Moore - CAR
  • A. Cooper -DAL
  • C.D Lamb -DAL
  • M. "Hollywood" Brown  - BAL
  • M. Pittman - IND
  • B. Cooks- HOU
  • A.J Brown - Ten
  • J. Waddle- MIA
  • Stefan Diggs - BUF
  • A. Robinson - CHI
  • A. Theilen - MIN

No but he's really good and has outperformed his draft position. On 3rd and short/in certain one on one situations, you can argue he's top 5, but there's more to the game (vertical threat, big plays, pure talent/athleticism etc.). On the outside he isn't a top 15 guy. But take nothing away from him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GHARMON9 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilRW-EtByKA

I didn't know he was that nasty.  Does he have an argument for a top Top 15 spot? 20?

D.Adams, J. Jefferson, J. Chase, C. Kupp , D. Samuel, T. Hill.  are the top 6 WRs of 2021 IMO. Hard to argue against them

Then you have a bunch of WRs fighting for 7-15, including Renfrow.

•  D. Hopkins -ARZ
  • D. Johnson - PIT
  • K. Allen - LAC
  • M. Evans - TB
  • T. Mclaurin - WFT
  • M. Williams - LAC
  • T. Lockett - SEA
  • D.K. Metcalf _SAE
  • C. Godwin _TB
  • C.J Moore - CAR
  • A. Cooper -DAL
  • C.D Lamb -DAL
  • M. "Hollywood" Brown  - BAL
  • M. Pittman - IND
  • B. Cooks- HOU
  • A.J Brown - Ten
  • J. Waddle- MIA
  • Stefan Diggs - BUF
  • A. Robinson - CHI
  • A. Theilen - MIN

Yeah based on 2021 and what I see from your list, the top 6 and then 7-15 a group of: AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Lockett, McLaurin, Evans, Hopkins, Waddle, Lamb, and Diggs with Cooks, Renfrow, and Robinson just about there.

Beyond this list I feel like there are guys that are close as well.

• Like 1

He’s really tough to place. If WR rankings were purely based on route running, safe hands and general “clutch” ability then Renfrow is an easy top 10. He’s made so many big plays in the past couple of years and has outperformed all expectations.

However his problem is that relatively speaking he’s small, slow and lacking in physicality - and there’s literally nothing he can do about that other than work around it. Which he has done admirably. But as a WR these physical aspects are very important, and that takes away from his game somewhat. I think somewhere in the 20s would probably be a fair place to rank him.

Edited by Nightmare

Renfrow is Cooper Kupp lite. I like him. 

The WR position is definitely a balance of your environment and your talent. If I was building a team in the NFL then he would be around WR40 for me. You have your elite receivers, which he doesn't rank amongst, but then you have receivers who are productive in other areas of the game, i.e. Robert Woods as a blocker, which doesn't really show up in the numbers but is definitely something you would look for should you be building a real roster. 

In terms of fantasy football purposes, I like him a lot more. I think he's comfortably within the top 20 going into next year. 

3 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

In terms of fantasy football purposes, I like him a lot more. I think he's comfortably within the top 20 going into next year. 

And even as a guy who views him outside the top 30 WR talent wise, I won't argue with this, because of the same thing this year. Volume.  Unless the Raiders draft or sign a bona fide #1 WR, Renfrow is going to get WR1 targets.