Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

Honestly, and even considering it's a pretty trivial subject in the grand scheme of things, this is one of the most ridiculous and disgusting pieces of news I've seen in a long time.

The amount of BS and speculation, from supposedly serious journalists, is disgusting!

5 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So here I am, getting home at 2am after being away from a computer for over 24 hours on the day Tom Brady maybe retires. Then I go and read 31 god forsaken pages and the only thing I have to say is...

Don't feed the trolls - Imgflip

FFS guys 

I don't think he's a troll. There are people who truly agree with those sentiments. But they're such a small minority that it's not worth engaging much. Certainly not for like 15 pages.

12 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

I saw this on Twitter:

Tom Brady is actually 0-10 in the Super Bowl:

01: Tuck Rule

03: Greatest Show on Turf was washed

04: Playoff Reid

07: Owned by Eli

11: Owned by Eli again

14: Pete Carroll is a bozo

16: 28-3

17:Outplayed by Foles

18: Defense gave up 3 points

20: Chiefs entire O-line was injured

It's a running Twitter joke. It started with people trying to discredit LeBron's rings, evolved into LeBron's fans trying to discredit Jordan's rings, and it eventually got to the point where it was impossible to take serious. Good thing it wasn't intended to. Here's an Example.

"LeFraud James is really 0-74 in the NBA Finals

1947-1984: too lazy to even be born

1984-2003: too lazy to even show up

2003-2006: choked

2007: got swept

2008-2010: just a loser

2011: choked with a super team

2012-13: bailed out by Ray Allen

2014-15: choked

2016: Draymond was suspended

2017-2019: kept losing

2020: mickey mouse ring

LeMickey James has NEVER won an NBA finals in my eyes"

Absolutely absurd right? It's just dumb Gen Z humor. Nobody ACTUALLY thinks that about Lebron, Jordan, or Brady.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Only in the minds of losers.

No. Only in the minds of people that see reality, and that aren't fanboys.

It's funny how people want to drag Pete Rose through the mud (and, there was no evidence that he bet on baseball as a player, although they were investigating him in the late-60's), and they want to forget about what Brady and Belichick did and praise them like nothing ever happened. Why?

33 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Absolutely absurd right? It's just dumb Gen Z humor. Nobody ACTUALLY thinks that about Lebron, Jordan, or Brady.

Dude, I hate to tell you this, but NBA fans are a completely different breed. 

There are absolutely people that believe that about Lebron. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's too late. He just never a multiyear streak in his prime where he was the singular best QB in the league and elevated himself above his peers. The peak performance just doesn't match other GOATs. 

That's not true. Aside from a couple statistical anomalies from Cam Newton in 2015 and Matt Ryan in 2016, he was the best QB between 2015 and 2017. Also, why do these multiyear streaks have to be consecutive? For example, if you take out 2009 when he was coming off of a major injury, those 3 other seasons he played in 2007, 2010 and 2011 were about as dominant as you can get. And there are other ways of measuring dominance. For example, let's look at some of the success the offenses he lead had between 2007 and 2012:

• 2007: #1 highest scoring offense in NFL history at the time
  • 2010: #7 highest scoring offense in NFL history at the time
  • 2011: #10 highest scoring offense in NFL history at the time
  • 2012: #3 highest scoring offense in NFL history at the time

That's 4/5 consecutive seasons he played where he lead the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 10th highest scoring offenses in NFL history. I mean, how can you look at those stretches and not see how dominant this guy was?

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

No. Only in the minds of people that see reality, and that aren't fanboys.

It's funny how people want to drag Pete Rose through the mud (and, there was no evidence that he bet on baseball as a player, although they were investigating him in the late-60's), and they want to forget about what Brady and Belichick did and praise them like nothing ever happened. Why?

Ahh yes the Broncos fan is questioning the legitimacy of other peoples and teams accomplishments lol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Spygate was the single most overblown BS and is a prime examplr why Belichick hates the Jets and the media.

The big no-no was where they had the cameras, not having the cameras.

So overblown that the NFL Commissioner took it upon himself to have those tapes "destroyed" rather then made public for the masses to see. Makes most sane people wonder, WTF was actually recorded since as you put it " where they had the cameras" was the issue.

Yes Overblown! 👌

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

So overblown that the NFL Commissioner took it upon himself to have those tapes "destroyed" rather then made public for the masses to see. Makes most sane people wonder, WTF was actually recorded since as you put it " where they had the cameras" was the issue.

Yes Overblown! 👌

They went 15-0 afterwards, rewrote record books, annihilated most of the teams they played and came a couple plays short of going 19-0.

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

They went 15-0 afterwards, rewrote record books, annihilated most of the teams they played and came a couple plays short of going 19-0.

Asante Samuel would have known where the sideline was if he had the camera footage.