49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

OTC and Spotrac both have Tarvarius Moore as being under contract for 2022. I thought he was an unrestricted free agent.

I thought the same, either way, we either have him for another year or he would be a cheap re-sign.

I had high hopes for him last year until his injury, now I wonder if it will take another season to get back to 100%. But if he can stay healthy, he is still young enough to have a future here

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If true, this is a bad look.

Even a worse look is firing Embree and Shanny keeping his buddy Hightower lol.

Richard Hightower is also a minority so it doesn't track that way IMO

I don't know all the details but it is weird. He seemed like a fine coach to me. Did he and Shanny butt heads? 

I'm sure more will come out soon 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If true, this is a bad look.

Even a worse look is firing Embree and Shanny keeping his buddy Hightower lol.

Honestly, I have no idea how much he has contributed to George's development or to this team, so I don't really have an opinion on letting him go. Maybe he's been clashing with other coaches or something? 

• Like 1

Wow, didn't see that coming. At some point, I'm sure you have to make choices, and you can't have the highest paid position coaches across the board, but asking someone to take a 60% pay cut, if true, is a bad look. Unless the guy already has a job lined up elsewhere that will pay him what he thinks he deserves. Let's hope there's clarification on this.

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I don't know all the details but it is weird. He seemed like a fine coach to me. Did he and Shanny butt heads? 

I mean the fact Embree was asked to take a 60% pay cut and when he declined they let him go is a bad look. I don't know if that is what happened but IF it is? Then yeah, hard to defend that. 

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

The minority angle seems to be Wilcots'. The reason seems to be monetary, not minority. Maybe it was a typo...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The minority angle seems to be Wilcots'. The reason seems to be monetary, not minority. Maybe it was a typo...

No, you need to look into what he said deeper. He is saying the Niners asked him to take a 60% pay cut knowing damn well he was not going to agree to doing so and they used that as a reason to fire him....What I want to know is how many other coaches were offered the same stipulations? You want to stay? Cool, now just take a 60% pay cut. 

It could be as simple as demoting him from assistant head coach or taking responsibilities away from him. Maybe they were moving him down from assistant head coach. Hard to say. Don't appreciate Wilcots taking the minority angle right from jump here

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

It could be as simple as demoting him from assistant head coach or taking responsibilities away from him. Maybe they were moving him down from assistant head coach. Hard to say. Don't appreciate Wilcots taking the minority angle right from jump here

I mean after yesterday and what has been going on with minority coaches, it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This organization has been mainly top level for the duration of the Shanny/Lynch era so I hope this is not true. But if it is, not something you could really defend. 

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean after yesterday and what has been going on with minority coaches, it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This organization has been mainly top level for the duration of the Shanny/Lynch era so I hope this is not true. But if it is, not something you could really defend. 

If it's true, yeah, it's pretty bad.

• Like 1