2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

His contract isn't that bad. Plus he's only 29 and should be ready for camp.

I can't imagine them sending him away for less than a 3rd, but that also may be because he's such a huge part of the locker room. If it's Woods that gets moved, I think it's for another player. Van Jefferson for a pick is more likely. 

Yeah, he's much more valuable to the Rams than a 4th or 5th round pick.

Jefferson didn't exactly light it up last year but I tend to give guys some slack as they're starting their families. 

I don't think they're seriously entertaining trading either unless someone wants to overpay.

• Like 2

If the Rams move Woods it would have to be for pass rusher Hunter of the Vikings. Make sense on both ends. The Vikings can add another reliable weapon for Cousins to help him out for O’Connell who probably want to run a similar offense as McVay and he knows Woods. The Rams just lost Von so they want another blue chip pass rusher. Hunter is 27yrs old and he has been special in the league. So pair him up with Donald and Floyd and the Rams defense will continue to be dangerous.

If the Rams are going to move on from Woods Id want it to be for this move and we would know something by Sunday based on the situation with Hunter. Either he will get extended, traded, or restructured by Sunday from what I read. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If the Rams move Woods it would have to be for pass rusher Hunter of the Vikings. Make sense on both ends. The Vikings can add another reliable weapon for Cousins to help him out for O’Connell who probably want to run a similar offense as McVay and he knows Woods. The Rams just lost Von so they want another blue chip pass rusher. Hunter is 27yrs old and he has been special in the league. So pair him up with Donald and Floyd and the Rams defense will continue to be dangerous.

If the Rams are going to move on from Woods Id want it to be for this move and we would know something by Sunday based on the situation with Hunter. Either he will get extended, traded, or restructured by Sunday from what I read. 

It would probably take more than just Woods to land Hunter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

It would probably take more than just Woods to land Hunter.

I trust Les to work his magic plus his connection with O’Connell the HC they will figure things out. Not saying it’s Woods for Hunter straight up but If it happens I won’t be shocked if the Rams didn’t give up a ton for him like you may think. 

3 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Ryan needs a dome team, but SF should be considered. They can’t possibly trust Lance. Rogers sat for two years. Sign Ryan to a two year extension and keep him an extra year if he wins a SB. Is SF playing a bunch of cold weather teams this year? Ryan should still have the arm strength.

That's is 100% never happening.

1. His cap hit isn't viable with Deebo/Bosa extentions in the works

2. Why exactly can't SF trust Lance?

3. Ryan definitely doesn't have the arm strength anymore IMO

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Sure sounds like AJ Terrell is in that Falcons offer.

Just seems super steep.

Anything tangible other than my dream?

I'd be really bummed if that were the case, especially if we're also sending three 1st round picks. That's way too steep. 

4 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Anything tangible other than my dream?

I'd be really bummed if that were the case, especially if we're also sending three 1st round picks. That's way too steep. 

Just seems to be more of a rumor at this point, but considering the offers seem to need a young and ascending player I don’t see anyone else it’d be. No way they include Pitts.

33 minutes ago, adamq said:

That's is 100% never happening.

1. His cap hit isn't viable with Deebo/Bosa extentions in the works

2. Why exactly can't SF trust Lance?

3. Ryan definitely doesn't have the arm strength anymore IMO

You gonna really give the keys to this kid with all that weaponry? Okay... I mean, sure. What could possibly go wrong? Ryan won't come with that cap hit. If he did it could be restructured, or his trade value would cost less to SF. Is there another viable veteran out there that's better? Jameis and Baker can't be trusted. Matty Ice is the stop gap they need. Otherwise... go with "Jordan" Lance.

Edited by WheatieMan

I do think Indy is the better spot for Matt Ryan.. but with the report of Cleveland “wanting a grown up” at QB or however that was paraphrased, I’d have to assume Ryan is on the list. (if all the dominoes fall) Could he be enticed? I mean, it’s basically Indy or Cleveland for Matty Ice right? I haven’t heard his name connected with Seattle

Edited by DaPatsKid98

Just now, .Buzz said:

Just seems to be more of a rumor at this point, but considering the offers seem to need a young and ascending player I don’t see anyone else it’d be. No way they include Pitts.

Chris Lindstrom would fit the bill, although I'd hate to lose him too. 3 1st's + a player of Terrell's caliber at a premium position just seems like way too much, especially considering the 8th overall pick is in play here. Not saying it won't happen, I just wouldn't like it.