2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And this is for @Matts4313 and @Broncofan as well - I also understand that when you sign extensions the cap hit in those first years is a lot lower because it pushes things back. However, even for like Amari Cooper's signing, the Browns did the same thing but I guess that was also technically an extension too?

Correct, since when we traded Cooper his salary was $20m this year and he was under contract for 3 more (I believe).

@AFlaccoSeagulls every traded player comes to the new team with a clean contract with all prorated bonuses left behind as dead cap. This means a restructure has maximum effect on year 1 (80% lower over a 5 year spread)

A current year roster or workout bonus like Ryan this year can complicate that.

41 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

What if Watson plead guilty, was accused again, and lived with his victims?

oh, that’s Tyreek Hill

Go back to your inconsistent pearl clutching.

Where exactly are people being inconsistent in that though?  I was a mod for NFL News sub when the Tyreek/Crystal/their son stuff was in the news and yeah... there was plenty of hubbub on this site - from a litany of people.  Let's not go down the road of revisionist history, here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Where exactly are people being inconsistent in that though?  I was a mod for NFL News sub when the Tyreek/Crystal/their son stuff was in the news and yeah... there was plenty of hubbub on this site - from a litany of people.  Let's not go down the road of revisionist history, here.

He was traded yesterday and not a word. He attacks pregnant women and children. He pleaded guilty to being a monster who delivered punches to the stomach of a pregnant woman. I was unaware of a statute of limitations on outrage.

No one has a bad word for the Dolphins dealing for a proven and admitted monster. They have lots to say about their pretending to know guilt in the Watson case.

We have video of Hunt kicking a woman in the face but Browns fans want to jump off now? It’s all hypocrisy.

Edited by SkippyX

32 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He was traded yesterday and not a word. He attacks pregnant women and children. He pleaded guilty to being a monster who delivered punches to the stomach of a pregnant woman. I was unaware of a statute of limitations on outrage.

No one has a bad word for the Dolphins dealing for a proven and admitted monster. They have lots to say about their pretending to know guilt in the Watson case.

We have video of Hunt kicking a woman in the face but Browns fans want to jump off now? It’s all hypocrisy.

Maybe because we all realize he was (maybe still is) a complete monster, but bringing it up ~6 (?) years later on the internet does nothing at all. Literally nothing. And even with that, there are certainly a few posters who *do* bring it up in every thread his name is mentioned in. 

And guess what it does?

Nothing. Literally nothing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe because we all realize he was (maybe still is) a complete monster, but bringing it up ~6 (?) years later on the internet does nothing at all. Literally nothing. And even with that, there are certainly a few posters who *do* bring it up in every thread his name is mentioned in. 

And guess what it does?

I mean we all make mistakes, thats a pretty big one, but he got custody of the child and from all reports has turned his life around. Hes a diva sure, but a monster? Nah

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And guess what it does?

It’s not 6 years later as a brand new Dolphins employee in the same way the 1 year old going on 2 years Watson story is being treated as new.

Also the child thing where mom and dad won’t rat on each other’s child abuse was not 6 years ago.

Edited by SkippyX

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

It’s not 6 years later as a brand new Dolphins employee in the same way the 1 1/2 year old going on 2 years Watson story is being treated as new.

Literally every Dolphins fan with even a tiny bit off football knowledge has already got it out of their system. Years ago. 

Watson on the other hand was just in a court battle... TODAY!

12 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean we all make mistakes, thats a pretty big one, but he got custody of the child and from all reports has turned his life around. Hes a diva sure, but a monster? Nah

You can pay to get custody. Custody and/or divorces are just civil lawsuits. So two people get together and exchange things. 

"You give me $10m and you can have the kids" can absolutely happen, as long as CPS isnt involved. 

For those interested this is who the Raiders have acquired thus far:

• OLB Chandler Jones
  • DT Bilal Nichols
  • RB Brandon Bolden
  • CB Anthony Averett
  • WR Mack Hollins
  • G Alex Bars
  • FB Jakob Johnson
  • DT Andrew Billings
  • CB Cre'Von LeBlanc.
  • CB Darius Phillips
  • DT Vernon Butler
  • RB Ameer Abdullah
  • TE Jacob Hollister
  • LB Kyler Fackrell
  • DT Kyle Peko
  • WR Demarcus Robinson
  • LB Micah Kiser
  • LB Jayon Brown
  • S Duron Harmon
  • QB Garrett Gilbert

Then of course traded for WR Davante Adams and CB Rock Ya-Sin.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

• OLB Chandler Jones
  • DT Bilal Nichols
  • RB Brandon Bolden
  • CB Anthony Averett
  • WR Mack Hollins
  • G Alex Bars
  • FB Jakob Johnson
  • DT Andrew Billings
  • CB Cre'Von LeBlanc.
  • CB Darius Phillips
  • DT Vernon Butler
  • RB Ameer Abdullah
  • TE Jacob Hollister
  • LB Kyler Fackrell
  • DT Kyle Peko
  • WR Demarcus Robinson
  • LB Micah Kiser
  • LB Jayon Brown
  • S Duron Harmon
  • QB Garrett Gilbert

Gotta think this has to be the make or break year for Carr right? Like seriously this time? Is looking like anything less than a bonafide top 10 guy this year acceptable? 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

• OLB Chandler Jones
  • DT Bilal Nichols
  • RB Brandon Bolden
  • CB Anthony Averett
  • WR Mack Hollins
  • G Alex Bars
  • FB Jakob Johnson
  • DT Andrew Billings
  • CB Cre'Von LeBlanc.
  • CB Darius Phillips
  • DT Vernon Butler
  • RB Ameer Abdullah
  • TE Jacob Hollister
  • LB Kyler Fackrell
  • DT Kyle Peko
  • WR Demarcus Robinson
  • LB Micah Kiser
  • LB Jayon Brown
  • S Duron Harmon
  • QB Garrett Gilbert

Wasn’t Micah Kiser already a raider?