2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

I like Kaepernick, but his arm motion is atrocious and he's been out of the league for 6 years. 6 years that would have been prime for him to developing his game. At this point, he's 35 and a run based QB who has lost a step. I wouldn't take a chance on him, myself unless it was for a backup role over some terrible players who were UDFAs last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I like Kaepernick, but his arm motion is atrocious and he's been out of the league for 6 years. 6 years that would have been prime for him to developing his game. At this point, he's 35 and a run based QB who has lost a step. I wouldn't take a chance on him, myself unless it was for a backup role over some terrible players who were UDFAs last year.

This. 

He's not a development prospect anymore. He was a limited passer and great runner who has aged and been out of the game for as long as he was in the league. 

Would I take a shot? If my team was in the playoffs and just lost the starting QB like the Raiders a few years back, yeah. Maybe he provides a quick spark that a UDFA or low end backup couldn't. 

Would I sign him as anything more than an emergency QB? No. Cheaper options with more upside are available to have on the team throughout the season. He's not going to sign for the league minimum after all. 

Does anyone think Seattle starts the season with Lock at QB?

If they don't then are they going to draft a guy at 9, 40, 41, or move around to draft one at 20 or so?

Will they go after Baker in some kind of low pick and salary split trade?

Will they just lame tank with too many good players on the roster so they can pick 7th next year?

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve read Cleveland is interested in Brandin Cooks.

I’ve read the Texans want a 2nd.

I’d do it, tbh.

EDIT: For NE, or others teams maybe. Cleveland, nah. Just bring back Jarvis and/or Fuller on the cheap.

Edited by Yin-Yang

There are reports from local guys/gals that the Rams are "in talks" with Gilmore. Some of them are little more than fans but have seen a handful of reports could just be a bunch of people repeating what one person is saying tbh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

There are reports from local guys/gals that the Rams are "in talks" with Gilmore. Some of them are little more than fans but have seen a handful of reports could just be a bunch of people repeating what one person is saying tbh.

I think that would be a good addition for that secondary. I know that team lost Millet but I like them to be able to compete deep in the playoffs again. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Does anyone think Seattle starts the season with Lock at QB?

If they don't then are they going to draft a guy at 9, 40, 41, or move around to draft one at 20 or so?

Will they go after Baker in some kind of low pick and salary split trade?

Will they just lame tank with too many good players on the roster so they can pick 7th next year?

I absolutely think Seattle is drafting a QB, however I'm not sure if it'll be at 9 or at 40. If they're not going to do it at 9 I think the trade back, but no, I don't think they trade back with Pittsburgh (pick #20)

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Pittsburgh won't be, but they should be in on that. Cooks would be an excellent addition to their offense.

He’s really a good addition to any team, lol. Never a true #1 but he’d be great anywhere.

I’d be inquiring with Houston after the draft.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I absolutely think Seattle is drafting a QB, however I'm not sure if it'll be at 9 or at 40. If they're not going to do it at 9 I think the trade back, but no, I don't think they trade back with Pittsburgh (pick #20)

We are on the same page. I was thinking of 20 as a range, like 16-25, and not the exact 20th pick.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NVRamsFan said: