Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

Some of my observations *from across the league:

I have to think that Nyheim Hines is a near lock to be the Salsa Conference KR/PR, but the man did so much more than that. Not only did he lead the league in return yards, yards per return and tie for the lead in TDs (two), but he finished second to Jonathan Taylor (ouch) in YPC among all RBs with 4.79 (on 132 carries), and also fifth in YPR. I love this man, but I think he'll be re-drafted slightly higher than I can afford to take him. Thanks for putting the team on your back, Nyheim.

Brett Kern (P) averaged the fourth most YPP while also finishing with 31 punts inside 20 on only 69 punts, which was 20-30 fewer punts than those three players with more punts inside 20. Pretty nutty punting stats.

Jerry Hughes wasn't my pick for the defender to lead the sim in stuffs, but the man did just that with 22. Shocked by this, to be honest.

Surtain is a real life stud, obviously, but I'm not sure I thought he'd be a sim coverage monster at FS. He finished with 40 coverages while adding one sack, three INTs and two FFs. Strong. Very strong.

Despite being the 10th CB taken in the draft, and late in the fifth round, Kareem Jackson had himself one hell of a season. He led the sim in coverages (69) and stuffs (4) while finishing second in tackles (81). Hayward led the sim in INTs with 5 and was third in coverages (67), but I can't help but think that Jackson narrowly pulled off the better season.

Andrew "Old Man" Whitworth is clearly the OLOY: the dude allowed only one sack and only seven stuffs through all 16 games... at OT1. Freakin' monster.

Love seeing Kelce and Kittle at the top of the TE metrics with some strong stats this year. Hockenson finishing 3rd is nice to see, but the disparity between his season and the GOATS is pretty clear: not only did he have fewer yards, but also fewer TDs, more drops and more fumbles. The GOATS are the cream of the crop.

Last Pittston plug: the effectiveness of the A-Rod to A-Rob connection was a pleasant surprise, as Robinson finished the season with a league-leading 11 TDs. He was statistically comparable to Tyreek Hill across the board, which exceeded my expectations, but needs to cut down on the drops moving forward to take that next step.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Some of my observations:

I have to think that Nyheim Hines is a near lock to be the Salsa Conference KR/PR, but the man did so much more than that. Not only did he lead the league in return yards, yards per return and tie for the lead in TDs (two), but he finished second to Jonathan Taylor (ouch) in YPC among all RBs with 4.79 (on 132 carries), and also fifth in YPR. I love this man, but I think he'll be re-drafted slightly higher than I can afford to take him. Thanks for putting the team on your back, Nyheim.

Brett Kern (P) averaged the fourth most YPP while also finishing with 31 punts inside 20 on only 69 punts, which was 20-30 fewer punts than those three players with more punts inside 20. Pretty nutty punting stats.

Jerry Hughes wasn't my pick for the defender to lead the sim in stuffs, but the man did just that with 22. Shocked by this, to be honest.

Surtain is a real life stud, obviously, but I'm not sure I thought he'd be a sim coverage monster at FS. He finished with 40 coverages while adding one sack, three INTs and two FFs. Strong. Very strong.

Despite being the 10th CB taken in the draft, and late in the fifth round, Kareem Jackson had himself one hell of a season. He led the sim in coverages (69) and stuffs (4) while finishing second in tackles (81). Hayward led the sim in INTs with 5 and was third in coverages (67), but I can't help but think that Jackson narrowly pulled off the better season.

Andrew "Old Man" Whitworth is clearly the OLOY: the dude allowed only one sack and only seven stuffs through all 16 games... at OT1. Freakin' monster.

Love seeing Kelce and Kittle at the top of the TE metrics with some strong stats this year. Hockenson finishing 3rd is nice to see, but the disparity between his season and the GOATS is pretty clear: not only did he have fewer yards, but also fewer TDs, more drops and more fumbles. The GOATS are the cream of the crop.

Last Pittston plug: the effectiveness of the A-Rod to A-Rob connection was a pleasant surprise, as Robinson finished the season with a league-leading 11 TDs. He was statistically comparable to Tyreek Hill across the board, which exceeded my expectations, but needs to cut down on the drops moving forward to take that next step.

Are these your own players? If they are just go baptize yourself 

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Ha. Nope. Hines and Robinson are. The rest are from across the league. (Surtain is your player.)

I didn’t even read it except the last paragraph haha. Go straight to end for the summary 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Scans for my team and finds nothing

... Elliott was a busy, busy man.

I like to go back and see how the draft targets I missed performed over the year. Poona was on my late-round DT shortlist, and he had himself quite the year, pretty much edging out D.J. Jones in most/all categories (who I feel had a great year at IDL).

• Like 1

Wow, the championship experience (RNG) came up big for my squad. To come back from a 10-24 halftime deficit and win in OT despite getting the ball 2nd? Pure grit. GG indeed Pete.

Richmond is a team that has had my number in the NSFL. Will be a tough battle, hopefully our best play is ahead of us.

3 top Predators worthy of your votes:

Alvin Kamara [16 GS]: 302 carries for 1,396 yards (4.62 YPC, 62 LNG), 10 touchdowns, 3 fumbles. 36 receptions for 474 yards (13.17 YPR, 73 LNG), 3 touchdowns, 2 drops, 1 fumble.

DeForest Buckner [16 GS]: 70 tackles (13 stuffs), 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 recovery.

Bobby Wagner [16 GS]: 106 tackles (9 stuffs), 9 coverages, 6 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble.

• Like 1