Superbowl thread.

Kiwibrown

11 hours ago, DawgX said:

buno just seems to insinuate that most of the offensive woes are Stefanski's fault, which I simply don't agree with.

really? I think our pitiful skill group outside of Chubb and Hunt  were a main reason for the offensive woes. Im just saying Stefanski was pretty awful at play calling this year.  Also its not like I brought it up, I was agreeing with what someone else said, so it cant just be me thinking that

what, you dont think Stef's play calling didnt get stagnate in the 2nd half of games this year??? I made the comment because Mcvay's playcalling was getting stagnate as well. In the same way. Which isnt too crazy when they also run similar system. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

This game played out pretty much how I thought.....Cincy would have a chance because of Burrow, but their O-Line vs the Rams D-Line would ultimately sink them.  Stafford isn't quite as good as the elite QB's, like Mahomes, and Rodgers...but he is only a notch below!  He reminded me of Carr with the comeback in the 4th.

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

really? I think our pitiful skill group outside of Chubb and Hunt  were a main reason for the offensive woes. Im just saying Stefanski was pretty awful at play calling this year.  

what, you dont think Stef's play calling didnt get stagnate in the 2nd half of games this year??? I made the comment because Mcvay's playcalling was getting stagnate as well. In the same way. Which isnt too crazy when they also run similar system. 

It's funny how offensive geniuses have playcalling get stagnant when they don't have weapons to utilize and/or are hampered by subpar quarterback play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's funny how offensive geniuses have playcalling get stagnant when they don't have weapons to utilize and/or are hampered by subpar quarterback play. 

issue with McVay, he was trying to force something that wasnt there, his running game. Like he got away from his strength in Stafford and Kupp. Kinda like what Stef did a lot last year, just vice versa,Stef would get away from the run way too many times and rely on a broken QB and a pisspoor group of WRs. 

39 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

This game played out pretty much how I thought.....Cincy would have a chance because of Burrow, but their O-Line vs the Rams D-Line would ultimately sink them.  Stafford isn't quite as good as the elite QB's, like Mahomes, and Rodgers...but he is only a notch below!  He reminded me of Carr with the comeback in the 4th.

It be great to see Stafford in that KC offense tho. He has never had that kind of talent around him. 

Just now, buno67 said:

issue with McVay, he was trying to force something that wasnt there, his running game. Like he got away from his strength in Stafford and Kupp.

I mean, they were missing their starting TE, backup TE, #2 WR (Woods), #3 receiver (OBJ), and Cincinnati was literally TRIPLE TEAMING Kupp and guys like Jefferson, their 3rd TE, and whoever that other random #18 guy was couldn't beat coverage of any type. Their best weapons after Kupp were Henderson and Akers.

Just now, buno67 said:

Kinda like what Stef did a lot last year, just vice versa,Stef would get away from the run way too many times and rely on a broken QB and a pisspoor group of WRs. 

This is a quarterback driven league. If you can't throw the ball with consistency, you won't win games down the stretch. Sure, they should have relied more on the run in some games vs. others, but at the same point, it's funny how great QB play can dictate a narrative.

2019-2020: LOL Zac Taylor can't coach

2021: Wow that Zac Taylor is truly from the McVeigh tree...look at how he made Goff into something even salvageable and what he is doing with Burrow

McVeigh's first year: Wow, he's a genius!!!!!

McVeigh the next three with Goff: The league has figured him out!!!!

McVeigh with Stafford: OH MY WORD...HE IS THE BEST OFFENSIVE MIND IN FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Stefanski 2020: Look at him just win games. I love his scheme!!! He's fixed Baker Mayfield!!!!!

Stefanski 2021: LMAO dude sucks. His scheme is archaic and he needs to give up play calling. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I like how the Rams said “f conventional team building.” 

They didn’t use draft picks and they aggressively filled needs.

They didn’t just stick with a “safe QB” because of fear. Our fans should take note of that.

100% agree with this. There are lessons for teams like us in this 

First of all nobody on this board said trade

Mayfield and 3 number 1s for Stafford last year.

So don't pretend you can stare into a crystal  and say this is right.

La won because Von Miller took a huge pay cut

And obj did not drop balls when thrown to.

Obj was the 3rd string wide receiver on a super bowl winning team that is pretty much his talent level now.

Mayfield is averaging a 135.rating against 

Cincinnati he is not the problem. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:42 AM, TeHDruiD said:

Ewww, you guys were rooting for the Bengals? 🤢🤮

I couldn't!!!!

I aint gonna lie I am Hurt.....does it feel like to anyone else......Cincinnati had our Spot in the SB......I know someone said Cincinnati had a well balanced team with a great QB.....I would disagree, they have an Elite WR Corps and a Great young QB (who is 0-4 vs the Browns and 0-2 head to head with mayfield),,,but their Oline is A$$ and they dont have RB's outside of Mixon (who gets hurt a lot)......on Defense, solid Dline, Solid LB's but they dont have very much on the CB either.....

I feel like they got our spot......

image.gif?w=500&c=1

Taking nothing away from the Bengals.....that's what I like about the NFL, you cant get to the end without kicking peoples butt....so they did what they had to do, when they had to do it.

We have the Front Office, we have the Coaching, we have the talent (including a QB who can get too AND win game in the playoffs)...and now we have Disappointment and Soph slumps under the belt and outta the way.....next year, the only thing can stop us is MULTIPLE major injuries...2023 the Pressure is on..

we-have-the-tools-we-have-the-talent.gif

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 8:02 AM, captin midnight said:

Ideal outcome for me last night. I live in Western Ohio. Was happy for my Bengal friends but in no way did I want them to win. I wouldn't hear the end of it. Still won't because they made it to the Super Bowl and have Joe F'N Burrow. 

Karma sucks Odell....

I thought I was pulling for the Bengals but I think just jealousy made me relieved they didn't win.  I'll get over Odell, eventually the national media will stop attaching the Browns to him.  I'm just getting sick of them acting like Baker is straight up a bad person for not getting him his stats.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I couldn't!!!!

I aint gonna lie I am Hurt.....does it feel like to anyone else......Cincinnati had our Spot in the SB......I know someone said Cincinnati had a well balanced team with a great QB.....I would disagree, they have an Elite WR Corps and a Great young QB (who is 0-4 vs the Browns and 0-2 head to head with mayfield),,,but their Oline is A$$ and they dont have RB's outside of Mixon (who gets hurt a lot)......on Defense, solid Dline, Solid LB's but they dont have very much on the CB either.....

image.gif?w=500&c=1

Taking nothing away from the Bengals.....that's what I like about the NFL, you cant get to the end without kicking peoples butt....so they did what they had to do, when they had to do it.

We have the Front Office, we have the Coaching, we have the talent (including a QB who can get too AND win game in the playoffs)...and now we have Disappointment and Soph slumps under the belt and outta the way.....next year, the only thing can stop us is MULTIPLE major injuries...2023 the Pressure is on..

The Bengals are became basically who the Browns were supposed to be so it hurts seeing them do well.

But we get them again twice next year.  Hopefully we will be healthier, and it still feels like we have their number.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I couldn't!!!!

image.gif?w=500&c=1

Great post. I can see why Courtney Brown's cousin chose you to break her slump with.

• Like 1