BIME MOCK DRAFT 1.0 2022 DRAFT. 2-RD ONLY. W/TRADES

JBarrett1984

UPDATED MOCK DRAFT W/TRADE.

3 WAY TRADE: SAINTS, BROWNS, SEAHAWKS

- SAINTS GET BAKER MAYFIELD

- BROWNS GET RUSSELL WILSON

- SEAHAWKS GET 13TH OVERALL(V/BROWNS), 49TH OVERALL(V/SAINTS), 2023 1ST RD PICK(V/BROWNS) & '23 CONDITIONAL 3RD RD PICK(BECOMES 2ND IF SAINTS MAKE PLAYOFFS. 1ST IF THEY MAKE SB) V/SAINTS.

TRADE: STEELERS ACQUIRE 12TH OVERALL PICK FROM VIKINGS FOR 20TH OVERAL PICK, '23 1ST & 4TH RD PICK.

TRADE: BRONCOS ACQUIRE QB J.LOVE & 28TH OVERALL PICK FROM PACKERS FOR 9TH & 64TH OVERALL PICK. 

TRADE: PACKERS TRADE WR D.ADAMS(TAG & TRADE) TO RAIDERS FOR 22ND OVERALL PICK & '23 1ST RD PICK. 

ROUND 1:

1. JAX- NEAL, OT BAMA

2. DET- HUTCHINSON, DE MICH

3. HOU- HAMILTON, S/LB ND

4.  NYJ- THIBODEAUX, EDGE ORE

5. NYG- EKWONU, OT NCST

6. CAR- CROSS, OT MSST

7. NYG- LINDEBAUM, G/C IOWA

8. ATL- BURKS,WR ARK

9. GB(V/DEN)- OJABO, EDGE MICH

10. NYJ- GARDNER, CB CIN

11. WFT- PICKETT, QB PITT

12. PITT(V/MIN)- WILLIS, QB LIB

13. SEA(V/CLE)- LLOYD, LB UTAH

14. BAL- STINGLEY, CB LSU

15. PHI- N.DEAN, LB UGA

16. PHI- WALKER, DL UGA

17. LAC- D.LONDON, WR USC

18. NO- J.WILLIAMS, WR BAMA

19. PHI- J.DAVIS, DL UGA 

20. MIN(V/PITT)- MCDUFFIE, CB WASH

21. NE- C.HARRIS, LB BAMA

22. GB(V/LV)- G.WILSON, WR OHIO ST

23. AZ- KARLAFTIS, EDGE PUR

24. DAL- K.GREEN, G/C TAMU

25. BUF- BOOTH, CB CLEM

26. TEN- Q.WALKER, LB UGA

27. TB- J.JOHNSON, EDGE FSU

28. DEN(V/GB)- PENNING, OT N.IOWA

29. MIA- C.RAINMANN, OT CENT MICH

30. KC- EMERSON, CB MSST

31. CIN- Z.JOHNSON, G/C BC 

32. DET- OLAVE, WR OHIO ST

ROUND 2:

33. JAX- J.ROSS, WR CLEM

34. DET- CORRAL, QB OLE MISS

35. NYJ- G.PICKENS, WR UGA

36. NYG- Ebiketie, EDGE PSU

37. HOU- McCreary, CB Aub

38. NYJ- McBride, TE CSU

39. CHI- Faalele, OT Minn

40. DEN- C.Thomas, EDGE SDST

41. SEA- Ridder, QB Cin

42. WFT- Hill, DB Mich

43. ATL- Elam, CB UF 

44. CLE- Wyatt, DL UGA

45. BAL- Brisker, S PSU

46. MIN- Mafe, DE Minn

47. IND- Bell, WR Purdue

48. LAC- D.JACKSON, EDGE USC 

49. SEA(v/NO)- Gordon, CB Wash

50. MIA- Spiller, RB TAMU

51. PHI- Cine, S UGA 

52. PITT- SAYLER, G/C UGA

53. LV- MUMA, LB WYOMING

54. NE- JOBE, CB BAMA

55. AZ- WALKER, RB MICH ST

56. DAL- WINFREY, DL OKLA

57. BUF- PARHAM, G/C MEM

58. ATL- HOWELL, QB UNC

59. TB- RHYAN, G/C UCLA

60. GB- CHENAL, LB WISC 

61. SF- WOOLEN, DB UTSA

62. KC- CLARK, LB LSU 

63. CIN-KINNARD, OT UK

64. GB(V/DEN)- wYDEMEYER, TE TAMU

Edited by JBarrett1984
update
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Bad falcons pick. They don't need to focus on a QB this year and especially not reach a full round for any of these guys.

33 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Hard pass for me on the Falcons pick. Gimme Sauce Gardner at 8 and I’d be happy. I smell an extension for Matt to make the cap possible in ATL and considering how bad the team around Matt was this year it might have been his best so far 

I truly believe the Falcons dropped the ball last season by not drafting Justin Fields.  He would of been great fit in that offensive scheme. With that being said, Willis has been getting hype the past 2 years; Falcons might pull the trigger. Does Matt Ryan have  trade value? Yes! Maybe a team like the PIttsburgh Steelers would be willing to offer a future mid round pick(s) to absurb's Ryan's contract. If not, i wouldn't opposed to cutting Ryan(post June 1st); saving the team 24m on the cap this season, and 28m next season(Dead money would be around 40m the next 2 seasons combined). 

Where as i do like Willis and he is my number 1 QB in this draft.  I wouldn't touch a QB this year unless Willis fell to the 2nd round to us or we did a massive trade down to like the 20's and got alot more picks to help build the team. 

Seems to be alot of rumors flying around of a Ryan extension lately which i think most falcon fans are on board with he is still a very good QB and has 3 to 5 years left in him.  Plus it lowers that QB hit of his and might add some void years for us to help move on in a few years.    Even if we didn't extend Ryan and this was his last year i would draft a QB next year instead of this year so you have a full 5 year QB contract with a much better QB class to choose from.

Now with that said the guys i would look at here are  Ojabo, Sauce, and Linderbaum at 8 with who is available.   If we trade down to say 18 or so then any of  Ojabo (would be best move trade down with alot of picks + Ojabo thats HUGEEEEE),  Jalen Johnson, Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean, Booth, Leal, or hell with enough picks coming back i might even be ok with a WR here although i prefer something else 1st.

17 minutes ago, JBarrett1984 said:

I truly believe the Falcons dropped the ball last season by not drafting Justin Fields.  He would of been great fit in that offensive scheme. With that being said, Willis has been getting hype the past 2 years; Falcons might pull the trigger. Does Matt Ryan have  trade value? Yes! Maybe a team like the PIttsburgh Steelers would be willing to offer a future mid round pick(s) to absurb's Ryan's contract. If not, i wouldn't opposed to cutting Ryan(post June 1st); saving the team 24m on the cap this season, and 28m next season(Dead money would be around 40m the next 2 seasons combined). 

So they dropped the ball by not taking a guy who'll end up as a backup for 2-3 seasons on his rookie deal? 

Willis is very good, but he's not the BPA at 8. Not by a long shot. 

Matt Ryan isn't getting traded this offseason. Period. 

And the Falcons aren't cutting Ryan.

The pick doesn't make sense. Just accept it.

David Ojabo makes sense. Sauce Gardner makes sense. A reach of over a round for a QB does not. Willis is a mid-2nd in any other draft.

3 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

Steelers OC is RPO crazy...he and Tomlin want a mobile QB that can run a Rpo system...they are crazy about Malik...they will not trade up if he is not there

Pfft thats easy money right here my guy  The falcons take that same trade you gave the Jets and you can come to 8 and get Malik Willis.   This doesn't give us much extra ammo this year but next year we will be ready to roll big time with 2 1st's 2 3rd's (1 from julio trade and 2 4th's.  We can still trade Ridley and others this year for more picks to add to the Julio 2nd rounder and that 20th pick if need be.

This also gives us a ton of ammo to move up if need be fore a QB next year if we decide to move on from Ryan although i still think we keep him for like 3 more years and extend him at this point.

With the 20th pick after that trade the Falcons would easily take Ojabo or Jalen Johnson at Edge. 

12 hours ago, JBarrett1984 said:

BLOCKBUSTER:

- Deshaun Watson To Vikings

- Baker Mayfield to Buccaneers

- Kurt Cousins to Browns

- Texans acquire 12th overall pick(v/Vikes), 27th overall pick(v/Bucs), 91st overall pick(v/Bucs), and '23 1st rd pick(v/Vikes) & '23 conditional 3rd rd pick(v/Browns). 

This trade needs reworking.  The Vikings walk away with Deshaun Watson for 2 FRPs, and nothing else.  Meanwhile, Tampa Bay gives up a 1st and 3rd round pick for Baker Mayfield.  Minnesota needs to add a LOT more to get Watson.

21 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I think I prefer Zion Johnson at 31, but at this point any OL is solid 

Petit-Frere is like a 3rd round talent. No way he’s going in the 1st. Zion Johnson could be an add if available

If they add OL in free agency I think the 1st round pick will either be a corner or DL player