GB free agency 2022

squire12

38 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is there a rush of those players getting signed?

Still seems to be several available in FA

This is the right mindset, I imagine they'll mostly stay in a holding pattern until after the draft anyway

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sandy said:

This is the right mindset, I imagine they'll mostly stay in a holding pattern until after the draft anyway

i thought it was better to get depth pieces in so we can avoid having to reach in the draft. That what people usually say when we sign some cheap FA.

4 hours ago, Chili said:

i thought it was better to get depth pieces in so we can avoid having to reach in the draft. That what people usually say when we sign some cheap FA.

It's simply human nature ... doesn't matter who gets drafted in what round:  somebody is going to say "what a reach".  That's what makes this forum go round.  

8 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Still waiting on that veteran WR signing 

Gute will probably wait until after the draft now. Gonna be some good Vets released or on the trading block. Probably going to see what we land in the draft then proceed from there.

6 hours ago, Chili said:

I agree that that's typically the way to go under normal circumstances (the Reed signing certainly falls under this category) but in a draft there there are easily a dozen WR options what would be good value before the end of round two, and four picks in that timeframe, I feel like they can let the board fall to them, take the best receiver available, get good value and then sign a free agent who fits what you still need.

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

It's simply human nature ... doesn't matter who gets drafted in what round:  somebody is going to say "what a reach".  That's what makes this forum go round.  

It does! But it’s still the stupidest thing I hear draft media say—that someone was either drafted too early or was stolen later. Everybody has their reasons and everybody has their own board. How great has Mike Mayock been as a GM? Without a spy on the floor tipping him picks a minute in advance so he looks like a genius he’s just another guy throwing darts. As in ML batting average, the difference between average and great in finding NFL talent is pretty minimal statistically. Great athletes don’t always. Great college players don’t always. Prospects get picked when they get picked. Higher floor picks might go before higher ceiling picks. It’s silly and unprovable to declare a player has been drafted in the wrong spot.

And now that Davante, MVS and EQ have all shown they can play, they don’t always stay, cuz of FA…

Chili had a good breakdown of what’s left in FA. Maybe we’re being patient, but if we don’t put a few more competent FAs in that receiving room might really be looking at a three deep WR draft again, but with much higher slots devoted to the cause this time around. 

49 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

None of them want to play with Rodgers. Receivers want the ball on every play, not every play they’re wide open.

Seriously?  lol!  If this were true no receiver would ever be happy with ANY QB.