GB free agency 2022

squire12

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not even responding to them honestly. One of them uses emojis, and one of them literally is annoying and can't quite get that she should just ignore me already.

How many free agent WRs have signed with Green Bay since 2012?
How many free agent WRs have re-signed with Green Bay since 2012?
How many Packer receivers have left Green Bay since 2012?

It's not as unheard of as a couple of you are suggesting, especially if you're not the type of person who needs the disclaimer that, "None of them..." means "Most of them."

There's a QB like Brees or Brady who get the receiver the ball as the play is designed and gives them a shot on contested balls. They also throw the ball before they're open, trusting that they will be where they need to be.

Then there's a QB like Rodgers who won't throw to them until they're open, and sometimes not even when they're open.

Like, if you don't understand timing passes and how big of an issue they were for Rodgers in McCarthy's last year... And in LaFleur's first year, and still to a lesser extent right now, don't even talk.

Rodgers is not a first choice QB for a vast majority of receivers if the money is the same, and what's worse, the money isn't the same because other teams are paying their QB less and actually have more money.

No WR is going to take a discount to play with Rodgers.

Emoji_Icon_-_Smiling_large.png?v=1571606

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

It's the market plus the fact that the Packers only have one bullet in the gun. You want to sign Landry right now for $15m/year and then 1 or 2 other guys become available who you'd maybe want more for less $? Once we fire that bullet, we're stuck with the decision. I think all those guys like Julio and Landry are looking for money they'll never get and the prices aren't ready to come down yet. Add in the fact that GB may go the trade route instead and you could see a deal closer to, even the night of, the draft. 

Either way, the room is going to be some composite of Vet, Top 60 Rookie, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers and maybe another top 90/120 rookie. 

With the WRs that are FAs right now, I am not even opposed to just eliminating the vet from that group.  We saw with Jarrett Boykin that a WR doesn't have to be a super stud to produce, if he gets enough targets.  Perhaps we see a little more Patrick Taylor running and more Aaron Jones taking "WR" snaps as well.  

42 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Money was a big factor in previous seasons.  Rodgers longevity is a issue now.  Why would a WR want to come to Green Bay with Rodgers year to year on retiring?  

I think this is certainly a factor. Probably a big part of what went through Adams' mind when he decided he'd prefer to be traded. He's on the final long term commitment of his career, and by year 2 he could be miserable. 

I'm really excited for the offense this year. I wonder what fresh faces will be joining our WR room over the next few months. I bet a vet coming off a down year or two that is looking at a 1 year deal anyway would love to come here to rebuild their value.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not even responding to them honestly. One of them uses emojis, and one of them literally is annoying and can't quite get that she should just ignore me already.

Never argue with emoji users or people with anime profile pics.

Words to live by

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:53 PM, CWood21 said:

That's clearly a ST hire.

I still think that’s it’s biggest intention but Gutey made a point in his interview today to say he has played slot pretty effectively.

He also mentioned multiple times that he has until sept to solve the WR position.

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I could probably figure it out myself eventually, but for those more savvy on contracts, is there any way Miami can eat more/most of his salary with any restructuring?

Yeah, just convert a portion of the base salary into a signing bonus. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

How many free agent WRs have signed with Green Bay since 2012?
How many free agent WRs have re-signed with Green Bay since 2012?
How many Packer receivers have left Green Bay since 2012?

It's not as unheard of as a couple of you are suggesting, especially if you're not the type of person who needs the disclaimer that, "None of them..." means "Most of them."

There's a QB like Brees or Brady who get the receiver the ball as the play is designed and gives them a shot on contested balls. They also throw the ball before they're open, trusting that they will be where they need to be.

Then there's a QB like Rodgers who won't throw to them until they're open, and sometimes not even when they're open.

Like, if you don't understand timing passes and how big of an issue they were for Rodgers in McCarthy's last year... And in LaFleur's first year, and still to a lesser extent right now, don't even talk.

Rodgers is not a first choice QB for a vast majority of receivers if the money is the same, and what's worse, the money isn't the same because other teams are paying their QB less and actually have more money.

No WR is going to take a discount to play with Rodgers.

I’m sure it has nothing to do with Green Bay, Wisconsin

• Like 1