2022 Combine Thread

Ragnarok

You can justify taking Hamilton in that Minkah Fitzpatrick/Derwin James range, but if you take him in the top 10 odds are pretty good that you're going to wish you took an edge or an OL instead given how this class looks.

EDIT: There might be a chance Hamilton isn't even the top safety taken:

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You can justify taking Hamilton in that Minkah Fitzpatrick/Derwin James range, but if you take him in the top 10 odds are pretty good that you're going to wish you took an edge or an OL instead given how this class looks.

Devil’s Advocate: Depth is so good at Edge and OL you’ll get more immediate impact overall if you go Hamilton > 2nd round OL/Edge than if you do the reverse. 

But I see your point. 

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Devil’s Advocate: Depth is so good at Edge and OL you’ll get more immediate impact overall if you go Hamilton > 2nd round OL/Edge than if you do the reverse. 

OL I'll grant you since good OL have been found everywhere inside and outside the draft, you just have to pick the right guy.  I don't think you can say the same about pass rushers, IIRC the hit rate on those guys drops DRAMATICALLY outside the first and no team has enough of them.

But obviously you're going to take the safety you believe in over the pass rusher you don't.  The question with Hamilton I think is now "is he the last guy in that top tier, or do you put him in that second tier (which still constitutes most of the first round)."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It seems like this class is absolutely stacked at every position but QB. So many freaks.

I feel the same way which is why as a Jets fan I'm so excited to already have drafted a QB last year #2 overall and now this year picks 4/10/36/38 with the 1st two rounds + 3rd round, two 4th rounds and two 5th rounds; I'm 🔥'd up for this draft class and quite like never before too. 

This draft is fully loaded at EDGE/WR/O-Line/DT/CB/LB/TE/RB with what looks like elite A+ athleticism. 

I've never seen anything like it.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I feel the same way which is why as a Jets fan I'm so excited to already have drafted a QB last year #2 overall and now this year picks 4/10/36/38 with the 1st two rounds + 3rd round, two 4th rounds and two 5th rounds; I'm 🔥'd up for this draft class and quite like never before too. 

Well yeah, I’m jealous. We don’t even have A 1, or a QB. Sucks being bad enough to accumulate all that. But sure fun come off-season 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

EDIT: There might be a chance Hamilton isn't even the top safety taken:

I'm insanely annoyed by this. I thought there was a good chance that he was there for the niners pick in the second

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm insanely annoyed by this. I thought there was a good chance that he was there for the niners pick in the second

Most of us Jet fans prefer taking Hill or Cine in 2nd to Hamilton in top 5.  Now, we have major problem at S. lol

Edited by JetsandI
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Most of us Jet fans prefer taking Hall or Cine in 2nd to Hamilton in top 5.  Now, we have major problem at S. lol

I was a big Cine fan as well. Lot of Twitter niner fans liked pitre, but I always preferred Cine if we went safety in the second

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was a big Cine fan as well. Lot of Twitter niner fans liked pitre, but I always preferred Cine if we went safety in the second

I like Pitre too.   Still checking out on Brisker.

Edited by JetsandI

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Well yeah, I’m jealous. We don’t even have A 1, or a QB. Sucks being bad enough to accumulate all that. But sure fun come off-season 

Well sucking isn't the only reason why we've accumulated all of this (even though we have stunk) draft capital.

We've got an awesome GM who's been here 3 years now in Joe Douglas who's not scared of anything. He fleeced and ripped off Seattle. He traded away Jamal Adams a SS to Seattle in return for two 1st round picks (+ a 3rd) and last year drafted All-Rookie LG Alijah Vera-Tucker with one of those 1st rounders and this year has pick #10 overall from them. Absolutely robbed Carolina Panthers blind and traded them our bust QB Sam Darnold and actually got a 2nd round pick + 4th pick in return. Crazy. And then also traded away a 4th round bust TE Chris Herndon for an even 4th round back in return to Minnesota. In order words Joe Douglas had turned 3 crap Mike Maccagnan picks (former GM) Jamal Adams/Sam Darnold/Chris Herndon into two 1st round picks/1 2nd round pick/1 4th round pick (+ all of our own stinky regular original draft picks).

My hair is on 🔥 heading into this draft. I can't decide who I want and everyday I'm changing my mind OFFENSE x4 1st two rounds? Defense x4 1st two rounds? OFFENSE x2 and Defense x2 1st two rounds? 

I just hope we don't F this up.

Because it can become franchise altering if not. 

• Like 1

Coming from someone born in 1985 I can say that these kids these athletes of today Right Now are truly evolving in comparison to my 1990s childhood favorite players and to the point where I'm so sick and tired of hearing about "throwback" players who played in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s in order to diminish today's talent due to "era". 

These kids have evolved and it's disgusting the times they're clocking in @.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships