Would you consider these as HOF Trajectory #'s for an NFL RB (throughout his first 6 years)?

First 6 Years of RB Statistical Production:  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider these as HOF Trajectory RB #s throughout Mystery Mans First 6 Years?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/03/2022 at 10:00 AM

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Elliott isn't even as good as Tony Pollard. GTFO

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Ezeiel Elliott: 26 years old. 

88 games played. 

1,650 rushing attempts. 

7,386 rushing yards. 

4.5 yards per carry. 

56 rushing TDs. 

288 receptions. 

2,244 receiving yards. 

12 TD Receptions. 

22 Fumbles. 

9,630 All-purpose Yards and 68 Offensive TDs @ 5.0 Yards Per Touch. 

Vs. 

"Tony Pollard": 24 years old. 

46 games played. 

317 rushing attempts. 

1,609 rushing yards. 

5.1 yards per carry. 

8 rushing TDs. 

82 receptions. 

637 receiving yards. 

2 TD Receptions. 

3 Fumbles. 

2,246 All-purpose Yards and 10 Offensive TDs @ 5.6 Yards Per Touch. 

Spoiler

Tony Pollard is nothing more than a career backup who opposing Defenses don't even game plan for nor worry about and if not for Ezekiel Elliott being the work horse running back who pounds defenses into the ground; "Tony Pollard" wouldn't have fresh legs during 4 quarters of play and throughout 16-17 game seasons.

"Tony Pollard" is now better than Ezekiel Elliott?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

35 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Ezeiel Elliott: 26 years old. 

88 games played. 

1,650 rushing attempts. 

7,386 rushing yards. 

4.5 yards per carry. 

56 rushing TDs. 

288 receptions. 

2,244 receiving yards. 

12 TD Receptions. 

22 Fumbles. 

Vs. 

"Tony Pollard": 24 years old. 

46 games played. 

317 rushing attempts. 

1,609 rushing yards. 

5.1 yards per carry. 

8 rushing TDs. 

82 receptions. 

637 receiving yards. 

2 TD Receptions. 

3 Fumbles. 

2,246 All-purpose Yards and 10 Offensive TDs @ 5.6 Yards Per Touch. 

Reveal hidden contents

Tony Pollard is nothing more than a career backup who opposing Defenses don't even game plan for nor worry about and if not for Ezekiel Elliott being the work horse running back who pounds defenses into the ground; "Tony Pollard" wouldn't have fresh legs during 4 quarters of play and throughout 16-17 game seasons.

"Tony Pollard" is now better than Ezekiel Elliott?

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

ignoring everything else, why is Tony Pollard's name in quotes? Are you implying he doesn't actually exist, or isn't named Tony Pollard?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

That's not true. 

We only see Tony Pollard with "fresh legs" because...

2021 Snap Count = Ezekiel Elliott 809 Plays. 

2021 Snap Count = Tony Pollard 374 Plays. 

Tony Pollard is a career backup RB and Ezekiel Elliott is (still) clearly a top 10 NFL RB 

The guy only had 1 fumble all year and also just ranked...

• Top 10 in rushing TDs (6th).

• Top 10 in All-Purpose Offensive RB TDs (6th).

• Top 10 in rushing yards (7th). 

• Top 10 in 1st down runs (8th).

• Top 10 in RB All-Purpose yards (9th) 

• Top 10 in RB receptions (9th). 

He also just ranked 16th amongst all NFL RBs/WRs/TEs in Offensive Yards recorded. 

1.) Jonathan Taylor = 2,171.

2.) Cooper Kupp = 1,965.

3.) Deebo Samuel = 1,770.

4.) Najee Harris = 1,667.

5.) Justin Jefferson = 1,630.

6.) Austin Ekeler = 1,558.

7.) Davante Adams = 1,553.

8.) Joe Mixon = 1,519.

9.) Ja'Marr Chase = 1,476.

10.) Nick Chubb = 1,433.

11.) Dalvin Cook = 1,383.

12.) Mark Andrews = 1,361.

13.) Alvin Kamara = 1,337.

14.) Tyreek Hill = 1,335.

15.) Antonio Gibson = 1,331.

16.) Ezeiel Elliott = 1,289. 

Do you see any other Dallas Cowboys players on this list? Because I don't. Which let's you know that Ezekiel Elliott just ranked #1 in All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards amongst his teammates on an Offensive Attack that ranked #1 in both Offensive Yards (#1) and Points Scored (#1). 

What about guys like and how come the likes of Stefon Diggs, Mike Williams, Mike Evans, Travis Kelce, *Derrick Henry*, D.K. Metcalf, George Kittle, A.J. Brown, Saquon Barkley, *Christian McCaffrey*, Odell Beckham Jr., DeAndre Hopkins, Kyle Pitts, "TONY POLLARD", Diontae Johnson and/or Aaron Jones aren't ranked top 16 in Offensive Yards from Scrimmage but yet Ezekiel Elliott (still) is?

Ezekiel Elliott not the best RB on his roster? I'll agree to disagree.

Look bro… it ain’t pollard fault Dallas coaching staff trash and keep playing the wrong guy… you got receivers and TEs and injured rbs listed lol… come on bro u kno how many more total touches zeke got than them… his yards per touch is one of the lowest in the league… he has minimal explosive  plays and his yards after contact (which was a staple of what made him great) is pretty much non-existent now…. Going forward if the NFL were to draft backs zeke would not be a top ten back selected… He just wouldn’t… 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmorecareful said:

Look bro… it ain’t pollard fault Dallas coaching staff trash and keep playing the wrong guy… you got receivers and TEs and injured rbs listed lol… come on bro u kno how many more total touches zeke got than them… his yards per touch is one of the lowest in the league… he has minimal explosive  plays and his yards after contact (which was a staple of what made him great) is pretty much non-existent now…. Going forward if the NFL were to draft backs zeke would not be a top ten back selected… He just wouldn’t… 

He's going to finish top 10 All-Time in Rushing Yards + guaranteed HOF RB (still only 26 years old).

12 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He's going to finish top 10 All-Time in Rushing Yards + guaranteed HOF RB (still only 26 years old).

I'd be somewhat surprised if he cracks the top 10. I'm not even sure he'll even hit 12K which would get him to 17th (but that's probably what he needs to get inducted). 

Lots of running backs burn out quickly, especially when you put the carries on them, so his age really isn't the boon you want to project. He twice led league in carries and once was second (only 2 behind the leader). There's a reasonable chance that his 300 carry days are behind him.  If he was done after 2 more years, that wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever either. 

Shaun Alexander was done being a good back after age 28. Bell was done at age 26. Demarco Murray was done at 28. Chris Johnson was done at 28 for the most part. Jamal Lewis lasted through his age 29 season. 28 is a big season for running backs and Zeke will be 27 before this season starts. 

It's a big leap to really be able to project anything moving forward for him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be somewhat surprised if he cracks the top 10. I'm not even sure he'll even hit 12K which would get him to 17th (but that's probably what he needs to get inducted). 

Lots of running backs burn out quickly, especially when you put the carries on them, so his age really isn't the boon you want to project. He twice led league in carries and once was second (only 2 behind the leader). There's a reasonable chance that his 300 carry days are behind him.  If he was done after 2 more years, that wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever either. 

Shaun Alexander was done being a good back after age 28. Bell was done at age 26. Demarco Murray was done at 28. Chris Johnson was done at 28 for the most part. Jamal Lewis lasted through his age 29 season. 28 is a big season for running backs and Zeke will be 27 before this season starts. 

It's a big leap to really be able to project anything moving forward for him. 

Zeke became visibly worse starting in 2019. Yes - he still put up huge bulk numbers. But it looked like a constant struggle. He couldnt juke anyone, he couldnt out run anyone. He ran exactly as far as the blocking took him and then fell forward. Most forget, but 2019 is when the "Zeke is fat" memes/jokes started, cause the dude looked like he was running in sand. 

2020 he was buttcheeks the entire year, getting benched one game for like 2 or 3 straight drives. 

2021 he look better to start the season. Still nothing like his rookie year, but more a lot closer than he had in a while. Tore his PCL and went back to being nothing special besides a bulk rusher. 

Im not saying he is done forever. I am saying there is 3 years of data showing that he will never be what he was when he came into the league. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you know what the word trajectory means, @DefenseWinsChampionships? If so, let me give you a visual of them. 

Zekes trajectory:

11.jpg

Pollards trajectory:

red-arrow-moving-up-over-graph-paper-pic

There, now you should fully understand the trajectory of both players. One is getting better, one is getting benched. 

Hard to get "benched" when you started all 17 games last year. 

PS: Tony Pollard has been benched for 3 consecutive years now 🤭

And oh yeah...

#21 only had 1 fumble all year and also ranked as a top 10 RB....

• Top 10 in rushing TDs (6th).

• Top 10 in All-Purpose RB Offensive TDs (6th).

• Top 10 in rushing yards (7th). 

• Top 10 in 1st down runs (8th).

• Top 10 in All-Purpose RB yards (9th) 

• Top 10 in RB receptions (9th). 

He also just ranked 16th amongst all NFL RBs/WRs/TEs in Offensive Yards From Scrimmage recorded. 

1.) Jonathan Taylor = 2,171.

2.) Cooper Kupp = 1,965.

3.) Deebo Samuel = 1,770.

4.) Najee Harris = 1,667.

5.) Justin Jefferson = 1,630.

6.) Austin Ekeler = 1,558.

7.) Davante Adams = 1,553.

8.) Joe Mixon = 1,519.

9.) Ja'Marr Chase = 1,476.

10.) Nick Chubb = 1,433.

11.) Dalvin Cook = 1,383.

12.) Mark Andrews = 1,361.

13.) Alvin Kamara = 1,337.

14.) Tyreek Hill = 1,335.

15.) Antonio Gibson = 1,331.

16.) Ezeiel Elliott = 1,289. 

Tony Pollard can't hold Ezekiel Elliot's jockstrap.

And the only reason why you attempt to discredit the likes of Amari Cooper/Ezekiel Elliott/Dalton Schultz/Dallas O-Line is so you can praise Dak and give all the credit to Prescott (I know the truth about why you say what you say dude). 

A lot of people don't realize how much of a beast Zeke has been since being drafted into this league and just how durable he truly is. 

His first 6 years have already been better than both of Curtis Martin and Tony Dorsett's and even has a better yards per touch average than both of Emmitt Smith and Curtis Martin and tied @ 5.0 with Tony Dorsett (throughout their 1st 6 NFL seasons). 

Ezekiel Elliott (Drafted 2016). 

88 games played. 

1,650 rushing attempts. 

7,386 rushing yards. 

4.5 yards per carry. 

56 rushing TDs. 

288 receptions. 

2,244 receiving yards. 

12 TD Receptions. 

22 Fumbles. 

Vs. 

Derrick Henry (drafted 2016). 

86 games played. 

1,401 rushing attempts. 

6,797 rushing yards. 

4.9 yards per carry. 

65 rushing TDs. 

94 receptions. 

846 receiving yards. 

3 TD Receptions. 

11 Fumbles. 

7,643 All-purpose Yards and 68 Offensive TDs @ 5.1 Yards Per Touch. 

• Same amount of Offensive TDs as one another (68) and nearly the same exact yards per touch as one another (5.0 vs 5.1) but the big time major difference is that Ezekiel Elliott has exactly 2,000 more Offensive Yards from Scrimmage than Derrick Henry (okay I lied 1,987 more Offensive Yards to be exact).

Same draft class but yet Derrick Henry is already 28 years old and Ezekiel Elliott still only 26 years old. 

(A lot of you guys don't realize this kids HOF Trajectory Rate/Pace).

Imo #20 Barry Sanders is the greatest Running Back of All-Time and I don't think anyone or anything can ever change my mind. 

So when I compare their first 6 seasons amongst one another in comparison, it's not to claim Ezekiel Elliott is better than Barry Sanders was. No. Not at all; it's just to show how dominant Zeke has been throughout his first 6 years. 

And there is no better RB comparison than comparing him to the best of the very best (#20). 

Ezekiel Elliott First 6 Years

88 games played. 

1,650 rushing attempts. 

7,386 rushing yards. 

4.5 yards per carry. 

56 rushing TDs. 

288 receptions. 

2,244 receiving yards. 

12 TD Receptions. 

22 Fumbles. 

Vs. 

Barry Sanders First 6 Years (the G.O.A.T RB).

89 games played. 

1,763 rushing attempts. 

8,672 rushing yards. 

4.9 yards per carry. 

62 rushing TDs. 

210 receptions. 

1,782 receiving yards. 

6 TD Receptions. 

28 Fumbles. 

10,464 All-purpose Yards and 68 Offensive TDs @ 5.3 Yards Per Touch. 

Barry Sanders might've not had an O-Line nor Offensive teammates as good as Zeke's but nonetheless I just compared this kid to the GREATEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL-TIME and he ranks neck and neck with the GOAT (throughout their 1st 6 years) in terms of A.) The same exact amount of Offensive TDs (despite Zeke having fewer touches), only a -0.3 difference in yards per touch and only 834 fewer Offensive Yards than the greatest RB who's ever lived to play his position). 

Certain types of fans can 🤡 me all they like because I know what I'm talking about  #28 Curtis Martin made me fall in love with the RB position and because of #28 Curtis my favorite Martin I both understand and fully comprehend an awesome RB when I see one; and Zeke's first 6 years screams absolute HOF RB TRAJECTORY. 

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Stats aren’t enough for a HOF resume, for me. So no. 

Also, hard to extrapolate for running backs given the cliff they usually find themselves falling off of.

Was going to say that there was probably a similar post for Gurley around November of 2018 and then......yea....

• Like 3